ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

After we emerged from The Pit of Despair, and promises to not whine or complain ever, ever again on this trip,

And... did you whine again?

We kept wandering around, passing this (possibly one of my favorite shots of the whole night).

Very pretty.
Question. Do you like the moon with the clouds or would you prefer without?

What on earth are you doing with your hands?!?!?

We met back up with Karilynn at this point and spent a bit more time chatting and people-watching with her.

Nice!

The Cadaver Dans were in a dead heat with the Spelltacular Show for entertainment value. I enjoyed them equally as much. Their humor was rotten, very similar to their corpse-like appearances. The corny factor ran way high with these guys, and as always their harmony was tight and en pointe.

Dang! Now I'm sorry I missed them!

Guess I'll have to go again! :)

Did any of you know that once upon a million years ago I sang with a Sweet Adelines Group? Your Steppe Trivia of the day. You're welcome.

No! I did not know that!

Because what's scarier than a root canal at the dentist?

A root canal..... and it's not by a dentist?

A 3 year old waking up after a root canal at a surgical center after getting Propofol and Versed.

Ask me how I know.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

You win.

Great music, Broadway quality voices, all the coolest Villains including Cruella, Oogie Boogie, Hades, Jafar, and so many more, pyrotechnics (sorry, folks, NOTHING more bombtastic than chemical fire. Well, ok, maybe a bleve from a distance.), and really, really great hip hop.

Yeah, yeah.... where's the parade? When's the fireworks???

I made it 400 times scarier (and embarrassing) for my kids by making sure to sing along.

:lmao: Atta girl!

there may possibly BE nothing more blood curdling than 2 teenagers who've been deprived of food for more than 3 hours.

Truth. If I had a nickel for every time I heard "When's supper?" or "What's for supper?"

More hot dog action than a pooch park in August.

:lmao:

Where does it all go?!?!

You don't remember where it goes? After so graphically explaining it to us????

The Abusers Anonymous number is 1-800-Wht-Ever.

I called it. I got a pre-recorded message. It said: "Liesa is currently unavailable. You can leave a message. We don't care."

Sadly, and this is my only complaint about MNSSHP, there wasn't a lot open in the way of food.

I didn't really notice... but then again, I wasn't hungry.

I dunno, if was in charge, I think I'd have a few more carts open with heavy appie type foods like eggrolls, or pizza slices or, I dunno, hot food that is filling, but not a full meal.

This makes total sense! I probably would've stopped for a quick snack somewhere.

(Please ignore the woman behind the keyboard and her sassy 'tude on occasion.)

:rolleyes2

fake cheese is God's gift to mankind

::yes::

Here are the very few photos that sorta turned out:

Hardly "sorta". Very nice.

would highly recommend going at least once just to check it out. IMHO, very worth the price.

Totally agree with this!

Instead we waited... oh... <consults Notes on phone> about 23 minutes.

No. Seriously. How long did you wait? You mean 2 decimal 3 minutes?

We had no sooner walked up and got to the front of the line (of course a bus had just pulled away and we were in front) than this guy says to Zach, "Shouldn't you have a little white dog on your shoulder?" Zach was at first really confused, but after a moment of thought realized the guy was talking to him about his cosplay get up. For the next 15 or so minutes, he and the kids yacked it up about all things Anime.

No idea what the dog comment means either. But it's so cool that he knew about it. Made Zach's night, I bet.

I'll bet the bus is going to be colder than Crapistan in January.

Guess what?! I was right!

Windows froze over?

For those of you who've been, I hope this was a fun trip down Memory Lane;

It was! Thanks!

Hi Liesa. Prayers for our Lindsay and family are needed. They found out last night Her little brother committed suicide. He was 22 and had everything going for him. So sad. They had driven to Galveston with 3 of the kids for a cheer weekend. Had to make arrangements and drive through the night to come back here and hop on a flight to Reno where the police are picking them up for a treturous drive through the mountains to Klamath. Stepdad is a Sherrif deputy.

We have become mom and dad to 6 kids for the week, and will need to try to keep up with our jobs. Our church family has been amazing and supportive already, offering meals and help with the kids.

Oh nooooooo! Tammie!

I'm so, so sorry that this has happened to someone so close to you. Just awful!!

I will certainly be praying for you and Lindsay and the whole family. Such a senseless tragedy. :sad1:

Hi Liesa. Prayers for our Lindsay and family are needed. They found out last night Her little brother committed suicide. He was 22 and had everything going for him. So sad. They had driven to Galveston with 3 of the kids for a cheer weekend. Had to make arrangements and drive through the night to come back here and hop on a flight to Reno where the police are picking them up for a treturous drive through the mountains to Klamath. Stepdad is a Sherrif deputy.

We have become mom and dad to 6 kids for the week, and will need to try to keep up with our jobs. Our church family has been amazing and supportive already, offering meals and help with the kids.

Oh, @MAGICFOR2 . I'm so sorry to hear this Tammie. Deaths in the family are always so very difficult but suicide is even harder to cope with. I'm so sorry for your loss and my condolences go out to you and your family. My prayers are going out to you and them in this difficult time.

Oh, @MAGICFOR2 . I'm so sorry to hear this Tammie. Deaths in the family are always so very difficult but suicide is even harder to cope with. I'm so sorry for your loss and my condolences go out to you and your family. My prayers are going out to you and them in this difficult time.

Thank you, I appreciate your prayers. It is so hard to understand or to be able to offer any words of comfort for them.

Well, that's good news!

LOL! Well that depends on how much of a glutton for punishment you are. :rotfl:

I feel like I know so many of you already - thought I should see what you got up to on your own trip report.

I'm sure you do! I've seen you make the rounds and have actually lurked a bit on your TR. As things ease up with post-holiday craziness, I may de-lurk and say hello! :D

I have forgotten different things over the years - some are more inconvenient than others. I remember trying to track down a swimsuit in Austria and ending up with some sporty number. Oh yes and contact lens fluid in Europe where I didn't speak the language.

Yeah, I'd say a swimsuit would be pretty darn high up on that list! Yikes! Well, I mean if you plan to actually swim, otherwise shorts and a t-shirt work mostly ok.

Contact lens solution would be a bit higher up on the priority list for sure! I don't think I'd want a plastic blob glued to my eyeball more than a 12 hours.

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt dying of ALS. But I was warmed by yiur story about her enchanted not once, nit twice but thrice on IASW at DL. It was if life was throwing her a curtain call. I will think of that dear lady Aunt of yours next time I have the previledge of riding it.

Well, that's certainly a very nice and poetic way to look at it. I like it! I really should dig up that photo of her with her big, huge smile on her face. BUT, I'm, believe it or not, literally in the middle of transferring ALL of my photos an documents from my old laptop onto the new one right now. I'll see if I can find it sometime soon. :goodvibes

So would I. Ruby's put them away.... somewhere. I'll have to dig.

No hurry. Digging takes time you seem to be in short supply of.

You and me both.

Let me know if you need a reminder.

Phantom > Les Mis.

Since I like them both. A LOT, I'm happy to agree to disagree on this one.

That's why I have notes.
And it's always an adventure, afterwards....

"What does this mean?... I did that???.... What????"

Well, it hasn't quite reached Fairy Tale yet. I do have notes, actually. Lot of them, and consult them too. It's reading my own handwriting that makes it a bit of an adventure. For all of us.

This disqualifies you from HM residency.

Well crap. I guess I'd better hurry up the process then.

Come on. You ain't foolin' no one.

I should try harder.

No. Just you.

What is wrong with you?????????

Plenty.

No!!!!! Anything but that!

So, you're feelin' in the Halloween spirit, are you?

And... did you whine again?

Well, of course I did. I'm the mom and have full whining rights. (I paid for the trip.)

Very pretty.
Question. Do you like the moon with the clouds or would you prefer without?

I guess I hadn't thought about it NOT being in it. It would certainly be interesting to see it without it there, but I dunno, maybe adds to the Halloween night theme going? Are you thinking of offering a tweak for me to see?

What on earth are you doing with your hands?!?!?

I'm pointing to my Nurse-y Mouse ears just like I was in the 7 Dwarfs photo.

Dang! Now I'm sorry I missed them!

Guess I'll have to go again! :)

Always next year. But better act soon. I don't trust Disney anymore on removing or wrecking a good thing.

A root canal..... and it's not by a dentist?

Good point.

Yeah, yeah.... where's the parade? When's the fireworks???

In the last chapter. Did you miss it. ;)

You don't remember where it goes? After so graphically explaining it to us????

Graphic? I don't remember being THAT graphic. Shall I try harder next time?

I called it. I got a pre-recorded message. It said: "Liesa is currently unavailable. You can leave a message. We don't care."

:rotfl2:

I didn't really notice... but then again, I wasn't hungry.

Of course you weren't. You were full from the crap you got off the trick-or-treat trails.

This makes total sense! I probably would've stopped for a quick snack somewhere.

I really should apply to Disney marketing. After I get my fill of working for the 7 Dwarfs Mining Co.

No. Seriously. How long did you wait? You mean 2 decimal 3 minutes?

No. Seriously. It was 23 minutes, oh demi-God of all things Disney Transportation.

No idea what the dog comment means either.

The character he was dressed as apparently carries a white dog around all the time on his shoulder. :confused3

Windows froze over?

And I could see my breath.

It's currently (and for the foreseeable future) unavailable to IASW fans.

Fine. Keep your packages. Next time you're in a downpour, I'll be in a world where's there's just one moon and one golden sun. It'll be a world of laughter.

Please be advised @Terra Nova guy that this transgression has been noted and appropriate authorities have been notified.
Luckily for me the relevant authorities are presently preoccupied with butt barbecues and lapu lapus at Saratoga Springs! Some "interesting" video on the Disdads FB page if you haven't seen it.

No hurry. Digging takes time you seem to be in short supply of.

Time? What is this "time" you refer to?

Since I like them both. A LOT, I'm happy to agree to disagree on this one.

That was easy!

Well, it hasn't quite reached Fairy Tale yet. I do have notes, actually. Lot of them, and consult them too. It's reading my own handwriting that makes it a bit of an adventure. For all of us.

I peck everything into my iPod.
Then wonder what it was I pecked.

Well crap. I guess I'd better hurry up the process then.

eep!

:laughing:

So, you're feelin' in the Halloween spirit, are you?

Always.

Well, of course I did. I'm the mom and have full whining rights. (I paid for the trip.)

This is true. She who pays the bills earns certain whining rights.

I guess I hadn't thought about it NOT being in it. It would certainly be interesting to see it without it there, but I dunno, maybe adds to the Halloween night theme going? Are you thinking of offering a tweak for me to see?

Um, no. But I could easily if you want to see... just to compare.

Hmmmm..... I think I will. Just for fun.

I'm pointing to my Nurse-y Mouse ears just like I was in the 7 Dwarfs photo.

Ah. Wasn't quite as clear for whatever reason.

Don't mind me. Still burning off those sleepy drugs.

yeah. that's it.

Always next year. But better act soon. I don't trust Disney anymore on removing or wrecking a good thing.

DL TOT anyone?

In the last chapter. Did you miss it. ;)

:sad2:

Graphic? I don't remember being THAT graphic. Shall I try harder next time?

NO!!!!!!!!!

Of course you weren't. You were full from the crap you got off the trick-or-treat trails.

Actually... I didn't have a single one until after I got home.... from Alberta.

I really should apply to Disney marketing. After I get my fill of working for the 7 Dwarfs Mining Co.

No. Seriously. It was 23 minutes, oh demi-God of all things Disney Transportation.

Not possible. Max 20 minutes. I know.

And I could see my breath.

Okay. It was cold.

Fine. Keep your packages. Next time you're in a downpour, I'll be in a world where's there's just one moon and one golden sun. It'll be a world of laughter.

I'm never going to be in a downpour again. That's the last 2.5 hours I stand in line for a character!

From now on.... Nothing but boring TRs!

Luckily for me the relevant authorities are presently preoccupied with butt barbecues and lapu lapus at Saratoga Springs! Some "interesting" video on the Disdads FB page if you haven't seen it.

Not on FB a whole lot. Know they're there... but haven't seen vids. Well, haven't watched vids to be more accurate.

Um, no. But I could easily if you want to see... just to compare.

Hmmmm..... I think I will. Just for fun.

Liesa_IMG_0412b_zpsiose6mha.jpg

or

Liesa_IMG_0412c_zpszp8sskfw.jpg

Ok, seriously, those are amazing. I thought you were talking about removing the moon. Now I get it. I think I like #1 best.

Very cool. All photo credit goes to you if I re-post. Thank you!

Holy crap!!!!

:worship::worship:

As if I didn't have enough to do....

Now I have to learn PS.

:sad:

:laughing:

Ok, seriously, those are amazing. I thought you were talking about removing the moon. Now I get it. I think I like #1 best.

Very cool. All photo credit goes to you if I re-post. Thank you!

Thanks, just a couple that I quickly did without too much worrying about finesse.

Hey, I have my own moon shot ( just stop!) I could work with. Maybe LR can import and overlay objects in. Hmmmm, Project of the Week: Learn new thing about LR.

Hey, I have my own moon shot ( just stop!) I could work with. Maybe LR can import and overlay objects in. Hmmmm, Project of the Week: Learn new thing about LR.

Well... since you mentioned it... oh. You said "stop".... dang.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter