ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

IMG_0623.jpg

Must have been humid. Looks like the lens got all fogged up there.

Kidding!:rotfl2:

In case you've never managed to make it to Animal Kingdom's opening, a nice little narrative is played something along the lines of "adventure" and "exploring". Then an explosion of parrots is released overhead. It's loud and exciting and gorgeous!

Cool. Sounds like they changed it since I saw it last.

Our little group ended up enjoying about 90% of what this park has to offer over the course of the several days we Stepped inside.

I see what you did there.

That's it. And that's zoomed and cropped as much as I could. I needed my long lens on so I could zoom it in when it first took off, but moving a lens and following something going that fast just didn't work. C'est la vie.

That's awfully hard. Don't be down on yourself when there's a high degree of difficulty involved!

Must have been humid. Looks like the lens got all fogged up there.

That's funny; looks like the photographer didn't know what she was doing to me. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Cool. Sounds like they changed it since I saw it last.

The last trip they had a cheesy Mickey and Minnie show where they invited you to adventure. They were on a truck and that's about the entirety of what I remember. This, IMHO, is just.... better.

I see what you did there.

;)

That's awfully hard. Don't be down on yourself when there's a high degree of difficulty involved!

Live and learn. :)

Last edited:

I forgot toothpaste for Paris. Stayed right on my counter when I put it down right beside my dittie bag after brushing my teeth right before I left for the airport. Toothbrushing without toothpaste is just not the same. Of course, by the time I located the grocery store across the street from my hotel, I only had 2 more days of naked toothbrushing remaining, so c'est la vie! At least I had a good use for my Trident. More catching up tomorrow!

UGH! I'm not sure what'd be worse! Yes, there's gum, but WOWZA, that one would be tough to go without. (Oh, and I love that you called it your dittie bag!)

READER'S CHOICE!!!

I'm the spirit of Reader Participation (and because your Writer-Hostess is happy with either) which Letter C would you prefer??

China and Canada​

OR​

Coral Reef???
I'm about to start a 12 hour shift....

Whichever gets the most votes in this '12-hour special' window wins. Meanwhile, I'm still deciding which Letter B Mystery Photo to use. So stay tuned....

Oh we have never been to DAK at park opening so I enjoyed reading and seeing those photos.

We love the Flights of wonder also. Sorry about your camera. I enjoyed the photos anyway! Those owls are magnicicent aren't they. We get barn owls here in the UK. There was one in the tree of our back garden the other day tweet woooing. Eyes on fire. Enchanting.

I hope you survive your 12 hour shift oh my!

I've never been to AK, so seeing the pictures of the Flights of Wonder show make me want to go even more! I can't wait until June when I get to go.

12 hour shifts suck! Good luck with it!

I think that 'China and Canada' should be the C of choice! Two for One!

You saucy little devil, slinking into DS undergarmentless! That cracked me up for reals.

Sorry you had so much trouble with your room assignment and getting your bags, that's so frustrating. I love AoA though, it was the first resort we stayed at, so it has a special place in my heart. Although we stayed in the cars suites, so not quite the trek to our room you endured.

The flights of wonder show looks really cool, I haven't seen it yet. I love owls so I'm sure it would be worth my while to try to catch it at some point.

Sorry you couldn't get the shots you had hoped for.

I'm going to vote for Coral Reef! ( don't judge :rotfl2:)

Donna - too funny with the non elastic elastic! I'm feeling bad for you and cracking up at the same time!

As for C, I'm voting Coral Reef. I wanna know if you saw any divers!

Oh we have never been to DAK at park opening so I enjoyed reading and seeing those photos.

I found it to be really nice. It was exciting and inviting and perfect for the young ones and older people (like me) too. :)

We love the Flights of wonder also. Sorry about your camera. I enjoyed the photos anyway! Those owls are magnicicent aren't they. We get barn owls here in the UK. There was one in the tree of our back garden the other day tweet woooing. Eyes on fire. Enchanting.

Thanks, Polly. It was fun to try to see what I'd get. The owls are very magnificent- great word for them! I'll bet the one you saw was wonderful to watch; how neat! Try to get a photo if you can next time to share!

I hope you survive your 12 hour shift oh my!

Turned out to be 10.5 today. We leave when the last patient does, and they had a faster than expected recovery, which is always nice for everyone.

I've never been to AK, so seeing the pictures of the Flights of Wonder show make me want to go even more! I can't wait until June when I get to go.

I really hope you can carve out some time to slow down the pace and see it. :) It'll be hot in June, so that'll be a nice way to cool off in the shade for a bit.

12 hour shifts suck! Good luck with it!

I ended up doing ok, thanks! About halfway through I started to feel my cold trying to win the day, but I drank a lot of water during lunch and sitting down for a half hour was really helpful in getting me through it.

I think that 'China and Canada' should be the C of choice! Two for One!

Noted.

Still catching up! Ugh, even I am disliking your heels on your behalf at this point!

I know what it's like to be behind and feel like you'll never catch up. Slow and steady. I won't put another update up until next week sometime because I'm still trying to sort out my photos and make decisions. :) But I do love the banter; thanks for being part of it all!

OK, another Paris story along those lines - I very carefully purchased what I thought were 6 pairs of fancy lacy undergarments so that while away, even though I was wearing my same-old same-old travel clothing I could at least feel like I was some kind of sophisticated gal. Unfortunately 3 out of the 6 pairs had no elasticity, so even though I was wearing them, as I walked they eventually slithered down my hips and settled somewhere inappropriate for most of the day. Man, it's tough being a normal gal!

OMG! So FUNNY! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:Totally sounds like something I'd have happen to me. OY!

Great pictures of the resort once you finally arrived! So tough to be so tired, hopefully you slept well and got caught up!

I need to find the photos of the other areas, so I can give a balanced view. We did eventually sleep very well and woke up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle EPCOT and the Halloween Party the next day. :) YAY!!!

I really enjoy this show as well, was sorry that it was not open the day DH was there. I think the sitting would have at least appealed to him!

OH dang, too bad! I do understand how a lot of guys like the slower, vacation mode. At least that's what I hear from most of the people I hang out with here.

Of course I will vote for Canada and China! Yay, all caught up on at least one TR. My reward? To clean my bathroom! Hey, wait, that's not a great reward. Oh yeah, after that I get to have a Starbucks!

Noted. :) Glad you're caught up here! You sound just like me- rewarding myself with DISTime though, for getting chores done. LOL! But coffee? Yes, that's a nice reward for just about anything.

You saucy little devil, slinking into DS undergarmentless! That cracked me up for reals.

I couldn't be helped. :) AHAHAHAHHAHA! At least I went to a sauce little place for dinner appropriately. LOL!

Sorry you had so much trouble with your room assignment and getting your bags, that's so frustrating. I love AoA though, it was the first resort we stayed at, so it has a special place in my heart. Although we stayed in the cars suites, so not quite the trek to our room you endured.

It was a bit frustrating since I was already a bit edgy and crabby. I'll spend a lot more time on our poor choice of Section at AoA... duh, duh, dum....

The flights of wonder show looks really cool, I haven't seen it yet. I love owls so I'm sure it would be worth my while to try to catch it at some point.

I'm not sure it's for everyone, but our family really enjoys it. If you like birds and need an afternoon break, this would definitely be a good choice.

Sorry you couldn't get the shots you had hoped for.

Oh well, I'll try again some day. :)

I'm going to vote for Coral Reef! ( don't judge :rotfl2:)

Got it!

As for C, I'm voting Coral Reef. I wanna know if you saw any divers!

Got it!

Here is your "B" Mystery Photo for Guessing:

Remember:

1) It will be from somewhere in a Disney Park, Resort or otherwise "on property".

2) It will start with the Letter of the Chapter's Update Letter I'm on.

3) It is not necessarily from the park we're in that particular day- in other words, it may not correspond with where we are or have just come.

4) These are just for fun bonus points in the Contest, but anyone can guess to test your visual knowledge and memory of what's what in the parks. :)

5) Make sure to PM me the answer. :)

BOG.JPG

Good luck!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter