The 4 Keys to become 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a hot button topic. I work for a very large company that seemingly bends over backwards for diversity. We are constantly told that the company wants and strives for equal opportunity of all, forced to take multiple classes in diversity. Yet every single division president is white, no African Americans, no Asian, no Hispanic. So if you are a person like me, you ask yourself for all the self promoting of Diversity, is it just lip service???

Yeah, it's almost like the executives at companies get to make rules they can promote and brag about but don't have to follow themselves. LOL.

There aren't expanding anything. They are just changing ratios. Disney already has plenty of the employees in all those groups, they just want it to look a certain way based off factors that previous weren't supposed to matter when hired and promoting. Can't have it both ways.
You keep talking about this in terms of hiring. This isn’t about that. It’s about Disney wanting to make sure that both guests and CM’s feel included/welcomed/valued, no matter their background. Why on earth would that be a problem?

You keep talking about this in terms of hiring. This isn’t about that. It’s about Disney wanting to make sure that both guests and CM’s feel included/welcomed/valued, no matter their background. Why on earth would that be a problem?

That's not where it's needed. It's need at the top. The CMs are already diverse and inclusive, and do a fantastic job of making that part of the Disney experience for guests.

That's not where it's needed. It's need at the top. The CMs are already diverse and inclusive, and do a fantastic job of making that part of the Disney experience for guests.
Do you work for Disney? Do you have first hand experience that their cm are inclusive? Do you know for a fact they don't need some guidance and awareness in this issue?

If CM’s are enthusiastic about this, as has been reported by people in the know, then clearly they either see the value in and/or the need for it. So, again, what is there to object to if both Disney and its employees think this is a positive step?

If CM’s are enthusiastic about this, as has been reported by people in the know, then clearly they either see the value in and/or the need for it. So, again, what is there to object to if both Disney and its employees think this is a positive step?

I never said I objected to it, just hoped it would be implemented correctly, and that it doesn't devolve into something else. I'd just like to know the details as to what they have planned. Sometimes, people hear catch phase and automatically start cheering without knowing the actual details.

This is such a hot button topic. I work for a very large company that seemingly bends over backwards for diversity. We are constantly told that the company wants and strives for equal opportunity of all, forced to take multiple classes in diversity. Yet every single division president is white, no African Americans, no Asian, no Hispanic. So if you are a person like me, you ask yourself for all the self promoting of Diversity, is it just lip service???
Could be, but it also could be that those people were the best suited to the job out of the applicants at the time as well. It IS definitely a hot button topic and even what I said here will cause a bunch of eyerolls but that's only because the fact is, even SAYING that maybe a white person was more qualified OR the only skin color that even applied for the position has become taboo to speak aloud....nevermind the part that it actually could have been true. It's not like the world is really looking for equality, because that means some people are going to be crap out of luck, no matter what you look like. It seems like what the world is really looking for is a pretty picture. They want every landscape to be dotted with a bunch of different colors no matter how qualified or your work ethic and to me that is ridiculous. I don't care what color you are, I want the best man or woman for the job at hand. JMO

I never said I objected to it, just hoped it would be implemented correctly, and that it doesn't devolve into something else. I'd just like to know the details as to what they have planned. Sometimes, people hear catch phase and automatically start cheering without knowing the actual details.
and sometimes people hear the catchphrase and start hating on it and being negative about it without knowing the actual details.
I'm just happy that for the front of the line CM, which will be the ones affected directly and the ones that know what this key is about, is good news and they are excited and happy about it

Do you work for Disney? Do you have first hand experience that their cm are inclusive? Do you know for a fact they don't need some guidance and awareness in this issue?
I think all of us have had first hand experience with Disney's CM's. I've never heard of any complaints from any families about being treated unfairly by anyone working for Disney. Why does anyone have to have facts here? These are opinion being discussed. Why do so many people get so riled up when their beloved Disney is questioned on some of the things they do? The bottom line is this a HUGE corporation and nowhere near likely to be as wholesome as we imagine. They are just as capable of being money driven and shady as anyone. There's good and bad in everything. Even Disney.

and sometimes people hear the catchphrase and start hating on it and being negative about it without knowing the actual details.
I'm just happy that for the front of the line CM, which will be the ones affected directly and the ones that know what this key is about, is good news and they are excited and happy about it
That's what makes for good discussion groups. If we all thought the same way, there wouldn't be much going on in here. Just a bunch of "yay!" and "way to go!" posts. Oddly enough, diversity in thought doesn't seem to be quite as welcome as other differentiating qualities lol.

I think all of us have had first hand experience with Disney's CM's. I've never heard of any complaints from any families about being treated unfairly by anyone working for Disney. Why does anyone have to have facts here? These are opinion being discussed. Why do so many people get so riled up when their beloved Disney is questioned on some of the things they do? The bottom line is this a HUGE corporation and nowhere near likely to be as wholesome as we imagine. They are just as capable of being money driven and shady as anyone. There's good and bad in everything. Even Disney.

They are money driven, thats not up for debate. Employees are not important To corporations (generally) until the point where they effect the bottom line.

That's what makes for good discussion groups. If we all thought the same way, there wouldn't be much going on in here. Just a bunch of "yay!" and "way to go!" posts. Oddly enough, diversity in thought doesn't seem to be quite as welcome as other differentiating qualities lol.
This is a news story, news stories are based on facts. You can have all the opinions you want but this particular story is news, based on facts about a key being added to the CM core values. There's no hesitation, no opinions, it's fact
I have several family members and friends who work and have worked for the company, I've lived in Orlando for 24 years so I have first hand experience on how all groups are treated. and this company is very open to diversity and inclusion but still you have people at Disney who don't share those values. This key is a way of Disney saying racism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc have no place at Disney and here's why. Lets talk about being inclusive. This is why it is so well received by CM, because it is needed.
Don't know what you're talking about when you say Disney is money driven and shady, this thread hasn't been about that at all, not sure if you are just trying to misdirect the thread to make it something it's not, it's about Disney adding a new key of inclusion to the core values, and I understand that some people might think and have many opinions but if you don't know and haven't been Disney trained, you just don't know and that's fine
And I'm done with this discussion because I know people just won't get it and will keep spinning it to favor their points of views when this is nothing but fact

There's a difference between diversity of thought and being a bigot.

ETA: NO I am not calling anyone in this thread a bigot.

This is a news story, news stories are based on facts. You can have all the opinions you want but this particular story is news, based on facts about a key being added to the CM core values. There's no hesitation, no opinions, it's fact
I have several family members and friends who work and have worked for the company, I've lived in Orlando for 24 years so I have first hand experience on how all groups are treated. and this company is very open to diversity and inclusion but still you have people at Disney who don't share those values. This key is a way of Disney saying racism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc have no place at Disney and here's why. Lets talk about being inclusive. This is why it is so well received by CM, because it is needed.
Don't know what you're talking about when you say Disney is money driven and shady, this thread hasn't been about that at all, not sure if you are just trying to misdirect the thread to make it something it's not, it's about Disney adding a new key of inclusion to the core values, and I understand that some people might think and have many opinions but if you don't know and haven't been Disney trained, you just don't know and that's fine
And I'm done with this discussion because I know people just won't get it and will keep spinning it to favor their points of views when this is nothing but fact
Yep true. It IS a fact that they are adding a key....the rest (and really weird that I even need to mention it) is that we all have an opinion on why they're doing it and what we think about it etc...pretty simple. If you think there's no room for that maybe just post the article and close the thread to comments? No one has spun anything. People are just talking about what they think. You don't have to agree with anyone's "points", and it's perfectly fine to disagree, just not okay to tell them that what they're thinking or feeling is wrong because it doesn't go along with your own views. And you're right, not everyone is going to "get it" the way that you do. It's okay. Peace.

So then why can’t we look at this as something positive that maybe will make them more wholesome and not shady or however else you want to look at it? This isn’t going to ruin any vacations. This isn’t even going to change anything other than making sure CMs are inclusive.

So then why can’t we look at this as something positive that maybe will make them more wholesome and not shady or however else you want to look at it? This isn’t going to ruin any vacations. This isn’t even going to change anything other than making sure CMs are inclusive.
To further this, most normal travelers wouldn’t have even known about this change. I’m sure most have never even heard of the keys, unless you’re an Uber-Disney fan like us. This won’t have any negative effect on anyone’s travels. It will only be for the better!

They are money driven, thats not up for debate. Employees are not important To corporations (generally) until the point where they effect the bottom line.
For the most part yes. In terms of a Disney vacation the employee does play a large role more so than many others so I would say they are important to the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter