The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a 40% off code (the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland was on it) for our stay at the AKL last week and it was NOT applicable to Club Level rooms :( However, we had the 4/3 deal last summer and stayed at the BWI and it WAS applicable to club level rooms, so I think it always depends on the specific details of your code. I'd definitely call and ask :)

We had the 40% off code with the rabbit from Alice and it did apply to CL.

Maybe you could contact them to see if they made a mistake--maybe you would be eligible for a refund?:confused3

Perfect, thanks! Anything else I should know?

Having the kitchenette in the room is very nice. My mom and I stayed at Kidani for 12 days and we ordered food from Garden Grocer. It was nice to be able to have cereal, sandwiches, and frozen dinner in the room, but for a 5 day trip, you probably won't be too worried about stuff like that (I know we won't be ordering food for our trip in October 2011 as it's a brief trip). Also, though you probably already know this, the studio has a queen bed and a pull out sofa. At Kidani, I slept on the pullout and was fine, but just in case you were expecting two beds, be prepared. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We had the 40% off code with the rabbit from Alice and it did apply to CL.

Maybe you could contact them to see if they made a mistake--maybe you would be eligible for a refund?:confused3

See!! That's what annoys me. I called the booking number 4 times to ask before we booked. The first time the CM told me that yes, I could apply the code, but I had to call back because DH and I were still discussing what we wanted to do. Then I called back 3 more times and all 3 CMs told me the code wasn't applicable to CL. Then I posted on a thread on here and a bunch of people told me that it, in fact, wasn't applicable to CL. We ended up booking standard savanna view because it was $185/night with the code and CL was like $400. Man!! :mad:

See!! That's what annoys me. I called the booking number 4 times to ask before we booked. The first time the CM told me that yes, I could apply the code, but I had to call back because DH and I were still discussing what we wanted to do. Then I called back 3 more times and all 3 CMs told me the code wasn't applicable to CL. Then I posted on a thread on here and a bunch of people told me that it, in fact, wasn't applicable to CL. We ended up booking standard savanna view because it was $185/night with the code and CL was like $400. Man!! :mad:

It is possible that at the time you called the CL room was no longer available with the 40% pin at AKL but I know some of us were able to use the pin for CL at other locations.

It is possible that at the time you called the CL room was no longer available with the 40% pin at AKL but I know some of us were able to use the pin for CL at other locations.

It's hard to know. I don't mean to sound rude, but sometimes I feel like I know a thousand % more than the CMs on the phone when I call to book. They all re-stated for me that the code I had wasn't applicable to CL rooms. I even asked again on the third call "it's not applicable, or there are none available?" and she said it's not applicable. I'm a little bummed now to know that we could've just stayed CL and didn't. Oh well! Nothing I can do about it now, but I'm glad to hear this so I know for next time. Plus, the code is good until December. Maybe we'll have to go again ;)

Ok, my husband and I have booked a last minute trip to the YC!!!! i am very excited. We usually stay at the BW, but nothing available. We have not stayed at the YC for 8 years and I am really looking forward to going. It will just be my husband and I and we plan on just relaxing and having our own little celebration. It will be his retirement celebration and my cancer free anniversary.

Congrats on the retirement and cancer free celebration!!! We are going on a retirement and anniversary trip in December. We are really excited about the idea of retirement. Took a looooong time to get here. ;)

Welcome back, Teena! :cool1:

Our trip to the BC CL and the pin event will be here before you know it. Can't wait!

I can't wait to see you again Teena! I'm so happy that my children will get to meet my friend Teena!!!

Amanda

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier but we were at the movies on the beach at the Beach Club last week and were VERY dissapointed that they have stopped offering Smores kits. Instead, they were giving out free marshmellows...but no Smores for sale or free!!! They said they were taking a tally of people who requested the Smores to see if anyone missed them.

It still shows Smores on the Movie sign as you walk on the beach which made it very frustrating, especially when we didn't have dessert just to leave room for our Smores!

Please, if you're heading down for the campfire, mention the Smores so they'll make note of your interest and maybe bring them back one day.:worship:

So does this mean we can't bring our own smore fixins to make smores?:confused3

UPDATE: We are having a DIS meet on 8/8 @ 5:45 in the BC Solarium. If anyone else would like to join us,post, & I'll add you to our list:

Disney1976
disneyfreak7
DisneyMomx7
ibcnu
jjohnson
kirbygump
LovintheLodge
minniejack
Siouxi31
YCFAN

Also Teena will be joining us at 6:00

We are here and loving BC!!!
Hope to bump into Teena soon.
It seems very busy but we love our room and great helpful CMs !!!

Sounds like you had a great cruise!!

Wow, you have a busy work schedule...but that's more time for us to see you when we arrive on Aug 6th!! Can't wait to see you and looking forward to our DISmeet on 8/8.

Say hi to Robyn! By now she's 'settled in'...

met u last week and u were SOOOOOOOOOOOO helpfull, thank u thank u! We were first times to the BC and LOVED every single thing about it!

:3dglasses

Looking forward to movies on the beach, but WHAT ARE SMORES!!!!!????? :)

The food group that the government left off the triangle!!:goodvibes

I'm guessing you were never in the scouts or live in the country? :laughing:

They're graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows that have been toasted and then all squished together to make one yummy goodness. My MIL cheats and buys chocolate covered cookies--a little easier to put together, not quite as yummy.

Sounds like you had a great cruise!!

Wow, you have a busy work schedule...but that's more time for us to see you when we arrive on Aug 6th!! Can't wait to see you and looking forward to our DISmeet on 8/8.

Say hi to Robyn! By now she's 'settled in'...

See you soon!

So excited to have found this thread! We are staying at the BC for the first time Jan 30th through Feb 6th for DS's 6th b-day! It was a tough choice between the BC with SAB and beach movies vs CBR with pirate rooms. We finally decided upon BC! Going to try to read this entire thread though to get some hints and tips... might take a while! :rotfl2:

One question... does BC show movies on the beach every night or just select evenings? I am about to hit my window (Tues) to book dining and want to make sure I leave a night or two open for relaxing on the beach with the kids watching movies instead of being in the parks for fireworks and dinner. I don't want to leave the wrong nights open if they don't do it every night KWIM? Also, I picked up on the smores change already....any chance we'll see smores again by Jan/Feb? They are my son's FAVORITE!! He'll think he's in heaven eating smores on the beach while watching movies on his birthday!!! :yay: Oh, please say they will return!?

Also, can you see Epcot fireworks from BC?

Good morning! I am glad you had a great cruise, Teena. Sounds like everyone who is at BC is having a wonderful time. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter