"That woman just sneezed into my beer!"

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
Gross, I know, but as we were walking towards Canada three days ago aman turned to me and said just that! I think he was so shocked he didn't know what to do or say. Then he said, "Well maybe the alcohol will kill the germs!"

To which I said, "I don't know, there's a lot of stuff going around."

To which his wife said, "Get rid of it right now!"

I even offered to buy him a beer after he reluctantly did that.

A lot of people sneezing, coughing, one little girl getting sick in WL walkway.

This is the time to be as sanitary as possible!

There's always a lot of stuff going around at Disney. Two January trips now I've gotten sick during the trip and it's lasted and lasted.

Hopefully she didn't have measles.... :P

Given that in the vast majority of people that illness is a cold with a rash, probably not anything to worry about. (but if it is and the guy gets it, then he has the bonus of bonafide lifelong immunity from it, along with a host of other generalized protections that no one talks about anymore but used to be general knowledge)

:)

As soon as we get into our departure airport our rule is touch as little as possible and touch nothing in the bathroom that is not on your own body. Until disney gets automatic paper dispensing machines I'll continue to not even wash my hands there. It's gross how much stuff is spread at WDW.

I'll wash them before and after counter services, but it's sanitizer the rest of the time for us. Before we get on a ride (from hand rails/ chains, CM who may have moved our stroller, etc), after the ride, before I go in the bathroom, after I leave the bathroom. The less I touch at WDW the better off I am.

I wash my hands....cause otherwise thats gross.

But I agree with nit touching stuff if possible.
Its been tough to explain to my 5yo though. He wants to touch EVERYTHING

sneezy.png

I'll wash them before and after counter services, but it's sanitizer the rest of the time for us. Before we get on a ride (from hand rails/ chains, CM who may have moved our stroller, etc), after the ride, before I go in the bathroom, after I leave the bathroom. The less I touch at WDW the better off I am.

Regular hand sanitizer does not kill norovirus or rotovirus (stomach viruses). Lots of good info about which ones do here: http://www.stopthestomachflu.com/Home/which-hand-sanitizers-kill-stomach-flu-viruses

I've already purchased Zylast and Clorox Hand Sanitizing Spray to take w/ me when I go in April.

Please, please wash your hands! There are a ton of nasty germs that are not killed with sanitizers. They are actually spores that stick to your skin. Soap breaks their bond and water and scrubbing your hands together help to flush them off. The final act of paper towel drying helps get any reaming spores that are stuck to you.

Plus, having poop and pee residue on your hands is nasty.

Given that in the vast majority of people that illness is a cold with a rash, probably not anything to worry about. (but if it is and the guy gets it, then he has the bonus of bonafide lifelong immunity from it, along with a host of other generalized protections that no one talks about anymore but used to be general knowledge)

Wow, I had no idea that so many good things could come from having the measles! It will almost be a shame if the guy doesn't get the measles. Fingers crossed that I catch measles when I go to WDW!

Oh, and my guess is the seatbelts and tray tables on the plane are dirtier than anything in the bathroom, which actually gets cleaned.

Yes, there's always something going around at WDW, but also at the airports and especially on the planes! I'm not usually a germaphobe, HOWEVER, I ALWAYS wipe down the seatbelt connectors, the armrests, and the tray tables at my seat with Clorox wipes. I have a cousin who is a flight attendant and she said that you don't want to know what's on those tray tables and how infrequently they are cleaned. She said that besides people coughing and sneezing on them, people very often change their baby's diaper on them. Whenever I use a Clorox wipe on my seat arms and tray table, the wipe is covered in a brown residue, YUK!

I know you can catch an illness at WDW, but I wonder how many people get sick on a WDW vacation and blame the parks when they actually became infected on the plane. :confused3

There's always a lot of stuff going around at Disney. Two January trips now I've gotten sick during the trip and it's lasted and lasted.

:)
Or you can get two doses of the vaccine and have the same immunity and not spread a disease that could be deadly or cause severe complications like deafness. Hmmm

Yes, there's always something going around at WDW, but also at the airports and especially on the planes! I'm not usually a germaphobe, HOWEVER, I ALWAYS wipe down the seatbelt connectors, the armrests, and the tray tables at my seat with Clorox wipes. I have a cousin who is a flight attendant and she said that you don't want to know what's on those tray tables and how infrequently they are cleaned. She said that besides people coughing and sneezing on them, people very often change their baby's diaper on them. Whenever I use a Clorox wipe on my seat arms and tray table, the wipe is covered in a brown residue, YUK!

I know you can catch an illness at WDW, but I wonder how many people get sick on a WDW vacation and blame the parks when they actually became infected on the plane. :confused3

And now I will be adding Clorox wipes to my carryon.:crazy2: :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter