That Pirate Stole My Tiara: The Pre-Trip Report

I know SOME people might argue and say that Maelstrom is worse, but those people are just wrong. LOL

Unrelated but, I enjoy Maelstrom, honestly, when viewed as separate parts of a whole, not as a singular 13 second jaunt through space/time/history that ends with you being trapped in a fishing village.

Ahem, EXCUSE me?! There are people who don't like Maelstrom?!?!?!?!?:scared1:

Maelstrom is da bomb. And y'know what? It's a Fastpass! ;)

Tinkerbellerella, do you mind my asking where you live? I see you flew out of T.F. Green, which is 5 minutes from my house!

Great TR :)

Tinkerbellerella, do you mind my asking where you live? I see you flew out of T.F. Green, which is 5 minutes from my house!

Great TR :)

Southeastern, MA. Probably about 15-20 minutes from where I'm guessing you are. About 3 exits over the border.

K, everyone, don't write me off just yet. The next chapter, and the close of Day 2, are soon to follow. I just have some Photopass pics I want to upload to include. Stay tuned!

:happytv:

EVERY sitdown meal we had BLEW US AWAY
That's PRECISELY what I said about Teppanyaki. Blew me right away.

Will you be updating this anytime soon or do I need to find something else to amuse me?

:moped:

Will you be updating this anytime soon or do I need to find something else to amuse me?

I will be updating TODAY, Z. Today.
I have the viral throat infection of the century, but I can still type. So what better to do than DIS for the day?
Don't get your man-panties in a bunch. It's comin'. ;)

With our bellies filled with nomtacular food, we were ready to conquer the World (not the world) and all its libations. The plan had been to start in Mexico with margaritas, but as I had previously mentioned, Missy isn’t fond of Sauza tequila and I, well, any kind of tequila could have possibly caused issues of Number Three proportions. Instead we were content to keep moving to the left (NOBeyonce).

DSCN0701.jpg

Though we were sure that Norway had some fantastic alcohol to go along with its impressive architecture and craftsmanship:

DSCN0703.jpg

we were instead irreversibly drawn to the Number One, Most Incredible, MUST RIDE ATTRACTION IN DISNEY WORLD:

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

And it’s a Fastpass.
I KNOW! It’s incredible!

Despite the fact that we were certain that all of the Fastpasses would’ve been distributed for the day, given the ride’s obvious popularity and fan-following, we were still able to get on in two shakes of a lamb’s tail. And were even directed to Row Number:

DSCN0708.jpg

We were left heady and tipsy by the ride through Norway’s rather disjointed history. Though sorely tempted to stop and watch the movie, unfortunately it was standing room only.

::cough::

Since we didn’t sample any of Norway’s beverages, we decided that we should at least try on one of Norway’s more refined and famous careers.
Vikings (NOMinnesota) we be.

DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0712.jpg

And no, I can’t believe that we weren’t drunk either.

At this point having had enough fun thoroughly making fools of ourselves to the delight of other Epicot visitors, we decided to head on, to:

DSCN0723.jpg

China.

Where we realized there was really nothing we wanted to imbibe there either. But we WERE able to stumble across our very first Photopass photographer (who reminded me a week after returning home how ickysweatygrossunpretty (yes, it’s a word, not my fault you can’t find it in the dictionary) I was that rather humid evening).

And we were happy and wanted so very much to commemorate our trip together with the very first picture we would BOTH appear in, in China. Which is Where the Magic Lives. Tinkerbell even says so.

image009.jpg

And might I remind you that we had not yet consumed anything alcoholic, so we were, in fact, standing up straight, and if the palace in the background is leaning, perhaps YOU should lay off the after dinner glass of red.

;)

Well, that or the Photopass photographer had had a couple of margaritas on his way to his post in China.

We wandered about a bit, through the shop and then decided to continue on to Germany to finally attempt to even up the Epicot Alcohol Offering score, which was currently Us: 0 Epicot: 3.

Only, it wasn’t quite evened up since I’m simply not a beer drinker. Missy, however, enjoyed a Beck’s for the both of us.

Us: 0.5
Epicot: 3.5

I DID however purchase myself a bag of Haribo Alphabet gummies. Because Haribo is the ONLY gummy. It is THE gummy. The SUPERIOR gummy. So, take that, Epicot.

From Germany, we headed over to Italy. Mmmm. Italy.

Did you know that one of the first things you encounter as the German landscape slowly morphs into the gardens outside Doge’s Palace is a kiosk? It sells drinks. Adult drinks. And maybe other stuff, but we aren’t sure, to this day.

Missy eyed her beer and then eyed the kiosk drink menu.
Beer.
Menu.
Beer.
Menu.

(I’d already decided what I was having.)

Now, Missy and I have done our fair share of drinking in our short, ahem, legal, lifetime, but I’m always amazed to see Missy chug down a half cup of beer.

We were ready.

Missy ordered the Italian Margarita: traditional margarita mix, Limoncello and grappa.

DSCN0728.jpg

While it did sound tasty, the grappa scared me a little. I knew how potent it could be. I opted for the safe and rather delicious Peach Bellini: champagne and peach puree.

DSCN0729.jpg

Both were absolutely wonderful. And I had a sip of Missy’s margarita and it is now on my ‘Must Do’ list for my next trip to the World. Folks, the Italian Margarita is NOTHING to be afraid of. Think Lemonade. With a kick.

With drinks in hand, we slowly strolled through America.
Home of fried chicken and apple pie.
General Motors and Spongebob Squarepants.
Britney Spears.

We kept on walking. I mean we LIVE there for Pete’s sake. (Who’s Pete? By the by.) Besides, I had no idea when the next showing of the American Adventure was or when and if the Voices of Liberty would be performing next.

Japan. Ah, Japan. My all-time favorite pavilion in the World.

I wasn’t sure that I was up for some sake, so while Missy perused the sake and wine selection in Mitsukoshi, I perused, well, everything else. Mitsukoshi is a little piece of shopping heaven for me. Knowing that we would be back again, I didn’t buy anything. Eventually I wandered back to Missy, who’d just put down the tiniest cup and was holding out to me what looked like a rather large Italian olive. It was not (wrong country), it was a plum, which had been marinating for some time in some Japanese plum wine.

Whhooooooey! That little sucker was potent. And nommy.

We headed out of Japan, purses intact, and wandered past Morocco. The drinks were catching up with us and despite having wanted to try a Tangerine Daiquiri there, knew that we were planning on toasting each other at least once more in France. Mental note to return to Morocco for further exploration later in the week.

We wandered with rather slow purpose to the wine/champagne kiosk in France. Here we met a couple of pleasant French boys with rather French accents. Missy asked them over and again to say her name, to say their own names, to say whatever phrase first came to their minds, all in French. We finally ordered, before the small line behind us formed a mob and passed out pitchforks and torches. We both picked out champagnes and moved away towards the bridge to the UK to toast each other, where we found our second Photopass photographer.

image016.jpg

In a word, the evening had been, perfect.

Looking at the time, we realized that Illuminations was fast-approaching. We weren’t obsessed with finding the perfect spot, just with finding a spot where we could mostly see it. We ended up somewhere in the UK, close to the railing by the lagoon, and had a decent view. We finished our drinks during the performance and I did my best to keep from tearing up as we turned and headed towards the front of the park to the tune of ‘Promise’.

Dude.
Tears. Every. Time.
Is it just me?

We both needed to use a Tinkletorium at that point and while I wasn’t brave enough to venture into Canada, SORRY the OUTPOST area ;) , we didn’t think we could make it back to the room. We stopped near The Odyssey instead and then headed along that walkway to the front of the park. I pointed out the lighted sidewalk to Missy and got a spectacular picture of SE on my phone as we reached the Leave A Legacy graveyard and the end of our night.

Once at the top of the monorail platform, and having completed our cardio for the day by making it up that darn ramp, we thought about asking to ride at the front, but there was a family already waiting. Mental note, try again during the week. We were satisfied, then, to simply have seats, and headed back to the resort and the room without event. We turned in for the evening and as I drifted off, I smiled at the day at DHS we had ahead of us.

Toy Story Mania!
Fantasmic!
Nausea!

Ok, maybe I didn't know yet about that last part...

UP NEXT: Thirteen Stories, Toy Story Mania and a Barf Bag, Oh My!

Loooooooooove it! I cannot WAIT to try some of those drinks next week! Er, this week. Whenever!

Is it okay for me to laugh at this?

Too late! :rotfl2:

You're both so cute! :goodvibes

And no, I can’t believe that we weren’t drunk either.

It is, indeed, surprising.

At this point having had enough fun thoroughly making fools of ourselves to the delight of other Epicot visitors

Which I'm sure they heartily appreciated. I know I would have. A little levity makes the world go round, eh?

ickysweatygrossunpretty (yes, it’s a word, not my fault you can’t find it in the dictionary)

I feel like we're in a spelling bee.

"Can you use that in a sentence, please?" :lmao:

Totally didn't notice that China was channeling Pisa until you pointed it out. So funny.

I DID however purchase myself a bag of Haribo Alphabet gummies. Because Haribo is the ONLY gummy. It is THE gummy. The SUPERIOR gummy. So, take that, Epicot.

I know I've told you, but I don't know if I've mentioned on the DIS that my parents used to own a gourmet store / deli. We had the gummies. Haribo, my friend.

Oh, yes. And many, many other wonderful things. :goodvibes

With drinks in hand, we slowly strolled through America.
Home of fried chicken and apple pie.
General Motors and Spongebob Squarepants.
Britney Spears.

Seriously?

You couldn't have left well enough alone and stopped at Spongebob? You know the boy LOVES Spongebob.

Dude! I LOVE a good France champagne toast! :goodvibes

Dude.
Tears. Every. Time.
Is it just me?

:wave2: No, not just you.

Tinkletorium

Well, we're just making our own little language in this post, eh?

Toy Story Mania!
Fantasmic!
Nausea!

Ok, maybe I didn't know yet about that last part...

UP NEXT: Thirteen Stories, Toy Story Mania and a Barf Bag, Oh My!

Can't wait to hear about it.

Not so much the nausea, but I guess we take the bad with the good. :lmao:

While it did sound tasty, the grappa scared me a little. I knew how potent it could be.
I read that too quickly and I thought it said, "crappa." Which was odd but made sense in context. What with it being both scary and potent.

You didn't watch the American Adventure?! Communist! Fascist! Traitor!!! And other words I'm accused of being for not bowing down to the temple of Obama.

I thought dissent was patriotic?

I cannot believe you purposefully rode Maelstrom and you didn't watch the American Adventure! That's outrageous. And stupid. I don't drink, but it seems like with a little (read: a whole boat load) of booze, Maelstrom might seem less stupid. But riding it on purpose and sober makes as much sense as borrowing your way out of debt.

But thank you for not abandoning your Trip Report.

Or sullying the Outpost. That's my job.

And might I remind you that we had not yet consumed anything alcoholic,
Well, someone had!
or the Photopass photographer had had a couple of margaritas on his way to his post in China.
A likely excuse. ;)
We wandered about a bit, through the shop and then decided to continue on to Germany to finally attempt to even up the Epicot Alcohol Offering score, which was currently Us: 0 Epicot: 3.

Only, it wasn’t quite evened up since I’m simply not a beer drinker. Missy, however, enjoyed a Beck’s for the both of us.
They also serve wine, you know. For the next trip. :thumbsup2
Because Haribo is the ONLY gummy. It is THE gummy. The SUPERIOR gummy.
::yes:: :cheer2: :cool1:

I don't drink, but it seems like with a little (read: a whole boat load) of booze, Maelstrom might seem less stupid.
ZZUB has a point... I only ride Maelstrom with a boatload of adult friends, in the last hour of our marathon Food & Wine excursions. Need I say more?!

Love the most recent post and dude....you are not the only one that tears up at Illuminations or Promise after. I always feel like I could stay there all night.

Oh yeah, and power to the Haribo!!

Loooooooooove it! I cannot WAIT to try some of those drinks next week! Er, this week. Whenever!

Woooooohoooooo!!!!! It's FINALLY here! Have a fantabulous trip!

Is it okay for me to laugh at this?

No.

Too late! :rotfl2:

Hmph.

You're both so cute! :goodvibes

You are redeemed.

You couldn't have left well enough alone and stopped at Spongebob? You know the boy LOVES Spongebob.

Better than the boy loving Britney Spears. No?

Well, we're just making our own little language in this post, eh?

FYI - Tinkletorium can be used interchangeably with Piddletorium.

Can't wait to hear about it.

Not so much the nausea, but I guess we take the bad with the good. :lmao:

The Good.
The Bad.
The Vomitous.

I read that too quickly and I thought it said, "crappa."

That confirms it.
Your mind is ALWAYS in the toilet.
Likely an Outpost toilet.

Communist! Fascist! Traitor!!! And other words I'm accused of being for not bowing down to the temple of Obama.

You know Z, I know you aren't particularly fond of Mr. 44, but I imagine he runs the White House much like you would - working sans jacket in the Oval Office, starting Staff meetings with, "So, what's going on?", finding an alcove to nap in.

I cannot believe you purposefully rode Maelstrom and you didn't watch the American Adventure! That's outrageous. And stupid.

In my defense, at least I admit to actually enjoying not only The American Adventure but also the Hall of Presidents, rather than heralding them as the greatest nap locations in the World.

I mean REALLY.

We both know those people are just outright wrong.

We both know the greatest nap location in the World is in an alcove in the Wilderness Lodge.

And if you didn't see that one coming, you should put your glasses back on.

But thank you for not abandoning your Trip Report.

And thank you for continuing to grace it with your presence. And I'm wearing my sincere pants, not my snarky ones.

Or sullying the Outpost. That's my job.

All you, dude. All you.

They also serve wine, you know. For the next trip. :thumbsup2

::coughcoughTinkerbellarellaonlyenjoyscheapArborMistfakewinesnifflecough::

Love the most recent post and dude....you are not the only one that tears up at Illuminations or Promise after. I always feel like I could stay there all night.

My BF and I have yet to travel to the World together (looooong story) and it's the one time that I'm down there when I deeply ache for him. If and when we ever get married, I think I'd like it played during our reception.

Oh yeah, and power to the Haribo!!

gummi.jpg

Okay, first of all, I'm a little disappointed at what you call "Drinking Around the World". Ahem. It sounds to me like you, Miss Tink, had, what? Like 3 drinks? 3 drinks and a boozy plum does not Drinking Around the World make. Or something like that. That might be backwards.....

And I would like to go on record that riding Maelstrom on purpose and (mostly) sober can be a flippin' blast. Especially when you are with 20 or 30 of your closest CIFs (creepy internet friends) and even more so when you convince the CMs that you are members of a Norwegian convention and deserve special treatment. (Including, of course, access through a "secret entryway" and two consecutive raucous rides through.)

Remind me again what day we're on? I think we were there at this point. I'm trying to figure out if we might have crossed paths.

And you are both adorable, BTW. Love all the pics!! Even if you DO look a bit too sober......

Okay, first of all, I'm a little disappointed at what you call "Drinking Around the World". Ahem. It sounds to me like you, Miss Tink, had, what? Like 3 drinks? 3 drinks and a boozy plum does not Drinking Around the World make.

Oh, I KNOW. Believe me. I realized that my biggest issue was that I don't drink beer. Or anything but really cheap fruity wine. I'm a mixed drink/champagne girl all the way.

Also, I have the ability to handle about as much alcohol as a fruit fly.
No exaggeration.

And lemme tell you, that little boozy plum was PO.TENT. As in, we both had a bit of a buzz on after consumption.

So, all told, it was a beer (Missy), an Italian Margarita (Missy), Peach Bellini (Me), plum wine (Missy), marinated plum (Me), champagne and better champagne (Me and Missy).

To appease you, sweet Ash, here is my booze-to-be-consumed list for my next trip to the World:

*(at least a sip of) a Fiesta Margarita (Mexico) - really how strong can they be....right?
*an Italian Margarita and, if I'm not passed out and propped up on a bench, maybe another Peach Bellini (Italy and Italy - I'm gonna need my sleeping bag)
*a tangerine daiquiri - I reqret missing this one this time around (Morocco)
*the more expensive champagne that Missy had (it was reddish/pink and I didn't write down what it was called)(France)
*another plum (I need to find out if I can get the plum without the wine. Something tells me I think not, but you never know)(Japan)

Do the Disney buses come equipped with barf bags?

OH!

And as will be told in another chapter, I did have a Strawberry Bellini with our dinner at Tutto later in the week.

Remind me again what day we're on? I think we were there at this point. I'm trying to figure out if we might have crossed paths.

It's (only) Day Two! LOL It would've been Sunday, September 21.

And you are both adorable, BTW.

Awwwww. Thanks.

Oh, so you only had TWO drinks and a boozy plum!!:rotfl2:

The fiesta margaritas are weak, weak. Especially if you get them at the stand NEXT to El Rio del Sucko, as opposed to the one on the water side. You will like it! Just be careful of the brain freeze....

I do like beer, but only wimpy beers, like Mich Ultra and Coors Light. Could never do those imports. And I'm not a wine drinker. So I probably wouldn't have done much better than you....:blush:

One other suggestion would be the Sparkling Pomegranate Kir drink, which I think is from France, as well. Or was that the pinkish thing that Missy had? I've heard great things. Not sure if they still sell the ice wine in Canada, but that always got raves too.

It's (only) Day Two! LOL It would've been Sunday, September 21.

Oh, we weren't even close yet. I didn't arrive until the 24th....

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I always think that my dream at Epcot would be to have the place to myself so I could play in the fountains without someone thinking I'm nuts.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I always think that my dream at Epcot would be to have the place to myself so I could play in the fountains without someone thinking I'm nuts.

Believe me, it would be a lie to stay I didn't think about pretending one of the kids belonged to me so that it would seem "natural" for me to be in the fountains with them! LOL

Another nifty update Tink, leaning towers and all.

Do you ever stop and wonder just how many CM's in the Canada pavilion are aware of it's infamous place in DisBoards history? Or how many CM's in the Norway pavilion wonder why everyone with lime green Mickey head fanny pack/bagallini name tags skips right past the film? Just things that make a feller ponder.

Just wanted you to know that I have read all of your ptr. It was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish that I had been able to follow it from the beginning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter