That Pirate Stole My Tiara: The Pre-Trip Report

Tinkerbellarella

DIS Veteran
This is IT.
The day I have been waiting for.
The happiest day of my life...to date...except for all of those other days I declared the happiest days of my life...because I'm indecisive...and a Libra...and I won't apologize for that. Moving on...

I didn't find the love of my life. (Ok, that's not true. I did, just not today.)
Didn't get engaged.
Or married.
Or give birth. (THANK GOD. Though I could use the epidural while at work today.)

I booked our Disney vacation. :faint:

I handed over my Tinkerbell-emblazoned Disney Visa and said, "Mr. Mouse, please have the honor of christening this card. As its very first use, please charge an exorbitant amount of US dollars and allow me 0% financing for 6 months for a 6 night stay at your vacation kingdom."
(As the charge to the card went through, somewhere in the distance a fairy screamed.)

The magically-happy-at-7:00a.m. Disney travel person took enough information from me to warrant an invite to Easter dinner next Sunday. However, in return, she gave me the most precious piece of information one can have when one is overly excited about a vacation half a year away: the CONFIRMATION NUMBER. (cue choir of angels)

It's official.
It's real.
It's not yet paid for.
But it's AWESOME.

More to follow.

:flower3:

For all of you folks who are joining this par-tay late, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! Did you bring the chips? There's soda in the fridge.

If you care to start here and brave your way through all the posts, I will give you a prize at the end. (DISCLAIMER: Said prize has no monetary value and may just be lots of praise for you from PTR author.)

If you don't care to read pages worth of absolutely stimulating banter between myself and other readers, below are links to each chapter. Each link will open in a new window, sans reader comments:
Chp. 1: How one became two. Post #2, right below this one. But really, if you're THAT lazy, it's here.
Chp. 2: Would you like fries with that? Post #13, also on this page, but since you're all link-clicking fools, click this.
Chp. 3: Whoooooo are you? Who-who? Who-who?
Chp. 4. I think. This chapter-numbering thing is hard.
Chp. 5: The One Where It Stinks That You Even Have To Think About Your Departure Day
Chp. 6: The First One with Some Pictures
No, not a Chapter, per se. But a little info for your starved PTR bellies.
Chp. 7: Free Mickey! No, not Willy. Mickey.
Chp. 8: The shortest one.
Another Wanna-Be Chapter that didn't make it.
Chp. 9: The Great Disney Shoe Debate 2008/Crocs Make Me Cry/Is That A Smurf on Acid?
Chp. 10: The BIG Change in Plans or How Disney Reservations Almost Made Me Cry
Chp. 11: De Ja Vu - They Must've Changed Something in the Matrix
Chp. 12: Is the Jar of Dirt Going to Help?
Chp. 13: Life Goal #3,587 - Become Disney's Biggest Loser
Chp. 14: Musk-rat...Mus-ket...Mus-tard...MUST DO's!
Chp. 15: That’s IT. I’m walking to Orlando. But NOT in CROCS.
Chp. 16: This is a test of the Loser Watchers and Pizza Abs emergency program.
Chp. 17a: The Ghost of Disney Trips Past: Part 1 - The First Five
Chp. 17b: The Ghost of Disney Trips Past: Part 2 - The Final Four
A Non-Disney Update: Do I need to be married to own a Cuisinart?
Chp. 18: You were just drive-by updated. Story at 10.
Chp. 19(i): The Chap o’ Sap –Part One: When the World Was Young
Chp. 19(ii): Chap o’ Sap – Bring on the Kleenex
Chp. 20: Someone call pest control. We're infested.
Chp. 20something: In fact I AM too lazy to figure out the Chp #. Sue me. I'll call Z.
Chp. 22: Ho. Ly. Carp. (NOfish). Who knew?
Chp. 23: I'm So Hungry I Could Eat A Meal Three Months From Now!
Chp. 24: Bags, Toes and Limos
Chp. 25: Like Sands Through the Hourglass, So Are the ADRs of Our Lives
Chp. 26: And on the 67th day, Tink created a Trip Binder.
Chp. 27: GOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM!...oh. Ahem. GOOOOOOD MORNING DISNEY WORLD!
Chp. 28: A List. Who'da Thunk It-Tink Made a List. Again.
Chp. 29: Git 'er done.
Chp. 30: If the shoe fits...and is 20% off...and is being shipped free...
Chp. 31: Settin' 'Em Up and Knockin' 'Em Back or The Accessory Saga Part 7.25B(ii)
Chp. 32: Alas Poor Mickey Heads. I Knew Thee Well.
Chp. 33: Do you think my vacuum and two cats qualify as carry-on items?
Chp. 34: I'll take "Disney Trivia" for $1,000, Alex.
Chp. 35: Big Brother's got nuthin' on Disney.
Chapters 36 through 47 are up and begin on page 58 or 59. I'm way behind on updating the links here but will do so ASAP. Thanx!

I’m a Disney lover. A Disney princess. A Disneyholic, even. And if you're reading this, either you are too or you've gotten very lost on the Internet and the lime green is scaring you. (Go back to Google and start over. Forget you ever saw the lime.)

I've considered opening up a Southeastern Massachusetts chapter of DA - Disneyholics Anonymous. None of us will use our real names. We'll all use our DIS screennames. And we'll speak primarily in code:

"Hello. My name is Tinkerbellerella and I've been a Disneyholic since I was 7. My most recent trip was to DW for MNSSHP. We stayed at the WL in a CV on the DDP. We made lots of ADRs and had time for some shopping at DTD. We went to MK, Epicot, AK and MGM." And after someone corrects me by pointing out it is no longer MGM, I will reply, "I know not of what you speak. Is that the park that has the TTA?"

But seriously, I've been jonesing for a trip to the House of Mouse for a looooong time. My last trip was in January of 2005, during the one week of the month when Orlando boasted no daytime high above 40 degrees Farenheit. Except, of course, on my departure day. :rolleyes: While even a cold trip to the Kingdom is better than sitting at home for a week, I was still a little let down. I'd had been on a series of great (and cheap) trips and knew this would be my last one for a while.

Three and a half years to be exact. The horror.

Now, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I know there are people out there who only get to go on trips to Disney five minutes after never. As a primarily solo Disney visitor I certainly appreciate the expense of a Disney vacation. However, I'd gotten spoiled. During the three years prior to the January 2005 trip, I'd experienced a rash of what I like to call 'Disney Travel Luck' (DTL). For a good period of that time I was working for Starwood Hotels and Resorts and was able to stay at the Swolphin for $69/nt. I'd invested in an AP or two. I had split a couple of the trips with traveling friends. I'd been able to visit once while at a work conference and so didn't have to pay for the flight. I'd even been able to hit up DL and CA while visiting LA (though the day trip was so disappointing/forgettable that I wouldn't have known I'd gone if it weren't for the pictures and the souvenir sweatshirt.) All was good in my Disney travel universe.

That's when the dry spell hit. And not for any bad reasons. I'd recently gotten a new job for a fantastic and ginormous law firm in downtown Boston. I’d moved into a beautiful new apartment. I “re-discovered” the love of my life. Life just…happened. And until now, life just wasn’t making any room for Disney. Tsk, tsk, for shame.

So here we are in the present, or at least the recent past, when I had a conversation with my boyfriend that went something like this (after watching the Disney commercial with the galloping horses and the kids in the bedroom window and the mom who says, “We can do that” and the dad who says, “Oh yeah!”):

ME:Gosh, I really miss Disney.
BF: What shows do we have saved on the DVR?
ME: I think I’d like to go back. This year.
BF: Did it tape a new episode of Robot Chicken last night?
ME: Like in September, or for my birthday, in October.
BF: Where’s the little laser? I want to play with the cats.
ME: So, would you come with me? If I did that? If I even paid for you?
BF: What? Where? Look at her run! (driving the kitties crazy with their laser toy)
ME: Disney.
BF: No.
ME: Please?
ME: (pout)
BF: You know I don’t like it. I’ve been too many times.
ME: (thinking, ‘NO SUCH THING!’) Well, would you be mad if I went anyway?
ME: Yay!

And so the idea was hatched. Originally it was going to be a solo trip because, as you can gather, the love of my life does not share the other love of my life. If he wasn’t full of other redeeming qualities and I wasn’t completely head over heels in love with him, he’d be in trouble. But he’s the Superman to my Lois and that’s just that. He’s safe. According to him, because he had family in FL as a child and a visit there always included a visit to a Disney park he’s just simply not enamored of Mick. He “went too much”. Funny, whenever he says that it sounds like he’s suddenly speaking another language. Like gibberish.

As much as we love each other, we also love our independence and respect each other's need to be involved in hobbies and pasttimes we might not share. For example, seeing an Ultimate Fighting Championship bout on SPIKE is not my preferred way of spending a Saturday night. But I humor him and DIS while he watches.

I’m holding onto the dream that someday I’ll get him there so we can share it together and it’ll be something magical for both of us. Holding onto my breath, however, I am not.

So not too long after that, I was trading e-mails with my friend Melissa, who I’ve known since my freshman year in high school. I casually mentioned that I was going to Disney and she messaged back that she thought that would be fun. I immediately picked up the phone and called her at work:

ME: I’m planning to go to Disney in September.
MISSY: Really? Can I come with you?
ME: Really? Yes.
MISSY: Cool.

The differences in conversation skills between men and women is astounding, no?

And there we were. A pair of old friends turned traveling buddies heading to the World in late September.

Little did we know HOW MUCH we would need this trip. After a ridiculously emotionally turbulent and stressful fall and winter for the both of us, we were approaching the six month window. And still we hadn’t booked anything. We were certainly talking about it enough – the when and the where at least, but nothing cemented.

Until this morning. :hyper:

More to follow.

Can't wait to hear more! I don't understand the "too much Disney" thing though. I just can't wrap my mind around that.

Can't wait to hear more! I don't understand the "too much Disney" thing though. I just can't wrap my mind around that.

A reader! Yay! Hi! And welcome If You Had Wings!

I can't wrap my mind around the "too much Disney" phenomenom either. Much like I can't wrap my mind around math, Physics, eating cooked broccoli or not enjoying shoe shopping. :scared:

But to each their own, I suppose.

Thanks for jumping on board.

And to any other lurkers or trip report window shoppers out there, please say hello! I promise to update regularly and to not abandon this report. I'm hoping for lots of pics in the PTR and the TR. This will be my lifeline to get through the next 6 months!

I am on board, count me in. :thumbsup2

I also do not understand, "too much Disney." :confused3 My DW and I are Disney lovers. :love: We have only been once, and are going back May 30 and again in November. I cannot wait to read more. There is a link to our Pre-trip report below.

Oh, I love your writing style! Kudos to BF for having no problem with your trip to the World. Can't wait to find out the rest of the details! :goodvibes

Oh, I love your writing style! Kudos to BF for having no problem with your trip to the World. Can't wait to find out the rest of the details! :goodvibes

Thanks for the compliments on my writing. This is pretty much all I'm using my writing degree for...you know, since I decided in my LAST SEMESTER as a Writing/Communications major that I'd rather do just about anything than be a journalist. But who knows. Maybe the next great novel is festering inside me somewhere. In the meantime, I've moved on to BA #2 - Psychology, to be followed by a MA in Social Work. Yes, I want to be poor but fulfilled.

I also write like I think and speak. Funny, the thinking and the writing doesn't get me in trouble as often as the speaking does. But I hope it gets as many laughs.

The BF and I have a rather complex history. Suffice it to say we've known each other for 10 years - were friends for one, together for four, "not together but friends" for three and have been back together for two. We know pretty well that without maintaining our independence and doing our "own thing" from time to time that we'd drive each other crazy. Or be serving 25-to-life. Love is grand.

As requested :wave2: hello.....popcorn::

Hi! :wave2: I've seen you on other trippies that I've addictively subbed to. Glad you made it! I love me some popcorn. Particularly the carmel kind that is definitely NOT on my diet.

I am on board, count me in. :thumbsup2

I also do not understand, "too much Disney." :confused3 My DW and I are Disney lovers. :love: We have only been once, and are going back May 30 and again in November. I cannot wait to read more. There is a link to our Pre-trip report below.

Consider yourself counted for and duly thanked for joining!

You are a rare fella, you are - a bona fide, not in hiding, Disney lovin' man. Do you give classes? Can I send my BF for lessons? Do you finance? I have the Disney Visa. ;)

Seriously, thank you all so much for leaving me messages. It makes my day to see that people might enjoy taking a peek in my head and taking some Disney-happiness from my PTR. I promise some more background info tomorrow. Tonight I'm a slave. But not 4 you. Regardles of what Britney (NOBritBrit) would have you think. Unfortunately I'm a slave to the remote access to work. Bleh. :crazy2:

Sleep tight.

Thanks for the compliments on my writing. This is pretty much all I'm using my writing degree for...you know, since I decided in my LAST SEMESTER as a Writing/Communications major that I'd rather do just about anything than be a journalist. But who knows. Maybe the next great novel is festering inside me somewhere. In the meantime, I've moved on to BA #2 - Psychology, to be followed by a MA in Social Work. Yes, I want to be poor but fulfilled.

Ahhh...this sounds all too familiar. DH decided ONE WEEK before graduation that he would not need his Communications degree as he would now be going to the police academy. WHAT?
DH was like the poster child for Communications. I mean, he starred in a tv show up in college (that I produced, I might add)!!! All out the window...:confused3 .
Great decision in the end. He's so much happier being an officer.

Ahhh...this sounds all too familiar. DH decided ONE WEEK before graduation that he would not need his Communications degree as he would now be going to the police academy. WHAT?
DH was like the poster child for Communications. I mean, he starred in a tv show up in college (that I produced, I might add)!!! All out the window...:confused3 .
Great decision in the end. He's so much happier being an officer.

Funny how life works, no? My college career was a bit complex and included three different majors (one for which I was signed up for by accident) and three different universities. And I'm back at it. :thumbsup2

Working on the next update!

ahhhh....another communications major!!!!:cool1: I was thinking to myself how much I enjoyed your writing when the words appeared on the screen.....Communications Major.

Yes, I am a member of that dreaded club too. But unlike you, thought I couldn't do anything else, but be a journalist and after 4 years in school and 12 years working in the tv news industry have quit my job and am ready to start my own support groups called, "No, I can't do a news story about your client so they'll buy ad time" and "You want me to produce how many shows"

So fear not, your last minute change was not in vain. Trust me I have spent too many nights sleeping in the office because of "Breaking News." I once spent 4 days literally living at the tv station during a blizzard...(I slept on a couch in my news directors office and worked 18 hours straight) And I just work in local tv. Yes, the "rush" can be intoxicating when something big happens, but after awhile it just weighs on your conscience.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but admiration for journalists. The news business is like a drug and it never gets out of your system. Probably the reason why I now freelance 2 days a week. :laughing:

Yes, I am a member of that dreaded club too. But unlike you, thought I couldn't do anything else, but be a journalist and after 4 years in school and 12 years working in the tv news industry have quit my job and am ready to start my own support groups called, "No, I can't do a news story about your client so they'll buy ad time" and "You want me to produce how many shows"

So fear not, your last minute change was not in vain. Trust me I have spent too many nights sleeping in the office because of "Breaking News." I once spent 4 days literally living at the tv station during a blizzard...(I slept on a couch in my news directors office and worked 18 hours straight) And I just work in local tv. Yes, the "rush" can be intoxicating when something big happens, but after awhile it just weighs on your conscience.

I saw myself moving towards print journalism, and then, very quickly, away from it. I didn't want my love for the written word to be destroyed by the necessity of doing it. Probably also why I'm not an architect today, either (my first major).

Thanks for joining the circus!

I have to say that I booked this trip differently than I’ve ever booked a Disney trip in the past.

Namely, I booked a package.

Normally, I’m the Queen of Disney on a Dime and can book a trip at a much greater discount than a package or travel agent could ever offer. Granted, that means scurrying around between 47 different discount websites, trying to figure out the best deal and praying that if the prices go down you can make a change without a $750 penalty…but really, isn’t that half the fun?!

However this time we wanted ease. And a Deluxe Resort. And Dining. And we didn’t mind paying for it. The frugal side of me (which is not in charge of visits to any shoe stores or trips to Sephora) is having a little hissy fit in my brain, but for the most part, I’m ok with it. And we’re holding out for a promotion.

Rumor has it that they may announce a free dining promotion for the Fall on our about April 10th, but it’s just hearsay right now. And, if my Disney Travel Luck (DTL) doesn’t hold out, that means the promotion will end just in time for our arrival. But still, we’re crossing our fingers. And toes. And the BFs fingers and toes. Which often results in a slap on the hand and a "What in GOD'S GOOD NAME are you DOING, WOMAN?!"

So, I've taken to trying to cross the kitties toes instead. I'll let you know how that works out.

We are taking advantage of Value Season, though, so I’m trying to console myself with that, at the very least. However, my DIS and Mousesavers Favorites links are getting workouts multiple times a day, every day.

I was a little worried about how my experience booking the package over the phone would be. I’ve heard the wonderful things, and I’ve heard the horror stories. In the past when I’ve done room-only reservations over the phone, they’ve been a little pushy on the packages, but my worries were for naught.

So, on 3/17/08 (I was trying to add some of the luck o’ the Irish onto my DTL) I gave good ol’ 407-WDISNEY a call. And as (good) luck would have it, I spoke with a wonderful CM (are they considered CMs?) named Elfia.

(Dearest Elfia, if you are reading this and I’m completely butchering the spelling of your name, you may contact my first grade Phonics teacher, Mrs. Guimond, to complain.)

Elfia truly was a gem. I gave her my dates and let her know we were looking to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. The systems were a little slow in pulling up all of my info and the availability, so she chit-chatted with me about my past trips to the World (“Wow, you’re on your 10th trip!”) and what we’d like to do different this time. I let her know we were looking for the Dining Plan, as neither of us had tried that in the past and she quickly explained the plan’s inclusions (for those of you unaware, it no longer includes the gratuity or an appetizer). When she pulled up the resort availability, lo and behold my DTL shined through again! They had our preferred room type!

Here’s the thing, being the good DISer I am, I know that if I book a Standard View room at the WL I stand a fair chance of being upgraded. However, we’re arriving late in the day after a full day at Sea World. And we REALLY, REALLY want the Courtyard View. So much so that we’re willing to pay for it. And our plans actually include some downtime at the room/resort. However, during all of the checking I was doing on Disney.com, the only CV available had bunk beds. Melissa’s 5’8”, not the most agreeable height for bunks. I’m only 5’4” and I told Melissa I’d be happy to take the bunks and toss things at her from my post atop the highest tiny twin while she snoozed all sprawled out on her queen bed. Fly, that did not. So, we wanted the view, but didn’t want the bunks and certainly didn’t want to be paying more for the beds we didn’t want.

But Elfia clicked around on her magic Disney keyboard and the CV with two Queens was available! Yay! She told me all about the room and a lot about the resort (“In my opinion the prettiest on property,” she said.) and took down our request for room location – lake view, 5th or 6th floor if available.

She reviewed our ticket options (we chose 7-Day MYW with Park Hopper) and read us the travel insurance script (I declined. Dear GOD, don’t let this get me in the rear later on.). She suggested Cirque du Soleil, which we might do, but if we do, I will book with my AMEX card. I’ve seen La Nouba before and loved it. (The BF and I have also seen Corteo at Suffolk Downs in Revere, MA and are going to see Kooza in Hartford, CT in April.) But by booking on my AMEX we get little extra perks with Cirque, so I’m holding off for a bit.

Finally, she said, “Are you celebrating anything special during your trip?” I laughed and said, “Yes, relaxation and a chance to maintain our sanity. It’s also a late birthday gift for Melissa (June) and an early birthday gift for me (October).” Elfia laughed and said she was excited for our vacation. She recapped everything (including the charges to my card :faint: ) and gave me the (cue choir of angels again):

:angel: CONFIRMATION NUMBER. :angel:

She confirmed that the e-mail confirmation would be sent to me and that I’d get my travel package at least 45 days prior to arrival. She also made sure I knew I could book my ADRs now and that I had the Dining number. She asked if there was anything else she could do for me and I asked if she had this week’s winning Powerball numbers available.

No dice.

We wished each other a magical day. And that was that.

You know, it’s funny. We’ve become so accustomed to poor service in this world that it’s almost forgettable. We’re treated rudely or brushed aside and we just shrug and move on. I worked in different areas of Customer Service for years upon years (the years in the shoe department were both the most glorious (all those shoes!) and the most hideous (all those feet!)) and always prided myself on going above and beyond for each customer or client. When, exactly, did that change from being the norm??

Elfia was gracious and polite. She was funny and friendly. She was helpful. She was genuine. And all of this before 8 a.m. EST.

It’s a Disney Miracle!

More to follow.

:woohoo: How cool, you're staying at the WL. We stayed there last summer for two weeks, courtyard view and absolutely loved it:cloud9: . I am now becoming increasing jealous and Disney(home)sick, our next trip isn't until May'09 and it feels like a lifetime away...I'll just need to live vicariously through lucky peeps like yourself who're kind enough to share their own excitement and plans

:woohoo: How cool, you're staying at the WL. We stayed there last summer for two weeks, courtyard view and absolutely loved it:cloud9: . I am now becoming increasing jealous and Disney(home)sick, our next trip isn't until May'09 and it feels like a lifetime away...I'll just need to live vicariously through lucky peeps like yourself who're kind enough to share their own excitement and plans

I am very excited about staying at the Lodge. I've heard wonderful things about it. Also, this is my FIRST stay at a Deluxe (not including the Swolphin, which counts...yet doesn't)! Melissa stayed at the Aminal* Kingdom Lodge last year, and was thoroughly spoiled with a Savannah View Concierge Bunkbed room compliments of her sister, I might add. She was finding it hard to choose anything less than Deluxe. I'd have been happy with anything. Period. Including a closet.

I have to admit that if they announce a free dining promotion we may use the extra cash to upgrade to the Poly (which is my DREAM resort :cloud9: ) but we'll see how all of that pans out.

I keep meaning to tell you that your little Princesses are adorable!

Again, thanks for reading! I know how it feels to be hanging on someone else's every word, wishing your trip was sooner. I lurked on the boards for years doing the same thing and I didn't even have a trip in sight! Yours will be here before you know it. Oh, and May is, hands down, my favorite time to visit thus far. I've been in January, February, May, June, July and August. Now we'll be trying our luck for September. Someday I'd also like to check it out during the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays. Maybe next year.

*Yes, that is meant to be spelled A-M-I-N-A-L and not the proper way. Just like I'm often heard to yell, "I'm going to Dinneyworld!" There's a five year old in me dying to get out and play.

This is IT.
The day I have been waiting for.
The happiest day of my life...to date...except for all of those other days I declared the happiest days of my life...because I'm indecisive...and a Libra...and I won't apologize for that. Moving on...

I didn't find the love of my life. (Ok, that's not true. I did, just not today.)
Didn't get engaged.
Or married.
Or give birth. (THANK GOD. Though I could use the epidural while at work today.)

I booked our Disney vacation. :faint:

I handed over my Tinkerbell-emblazoned Disney Visa and said, "Mr. Mouse, please have the honor of christening this card. As its very first use, please charge an exorbitant amount of US dollars and allow me 0% financing for 6 months for a 6 night stay at your vacation kingdom."
(As the charge to the card went through, somewhere in the distance a fairy screamed.)

The magically-happy-at-7:00a.m. Disney travel person took enough information from me to warrant an invite to Easter dinner next Sunday. However, in return, she gave me the most precious piece of information one can have when one is overly excited about a vacation half a year away: the CONFIRMATION NUMBER. (cue choir of angels)

It's official.
It's real.
It's not yet paid for.
But it's AWESOME.

More to follow.

Haha, I've only read this part so far, but you sound like my type of writer, looking forward to reading the rest! :goodvibes (which I'm going to do right now!)

Haha, I've only read this part so far, but you sound like my type of writer, looking forward to reading the rest! :goodvibes (which I'm going to do right now!)

Welcome to the party. I hope you like the rest. And if you don't. Lie.

Kidding.

I'm a Shir Kahn fan myself, though I have to say, I'm more partial to Bagheera. I'm planning on asking for a leopard for Christmas (though not a melanistic one, like Bagheera was. I prefer the common black-rosetted on a tawny background variety.*) I'm going to keep it in our spare room because I think our current kitties might be jealous. For the record, I've also asked, for Christmas' past, for: an otter (for the bathtub), a giraffe (for the back yard) and an all white English bulldog.

The answers, in order, were: no, no and do you know how LOUD they snore?!

*For those of you thinking I'm confused and saying that Bagheera was a panther not a leopard, we are both right. Bagheera was also a puma. He was not, however, a jaguar. Panthers and pumas are names for what is known as a melanistic leopard, meaning, black spots (a.k.a. rosettes) on a black coat. If you look at a puma/panther in the right light, you can actually still see the spot pattern. Thank King Richard's Faire's 'Tale of the Tiger' for that bit of knowledge to nosh on.

See that! Disney and something edumacational all at once!

I agree making the Disney ressie makes for just the happiest day! Congrats on the ressie at the WL. I wanted to stay there this year, but we opted for two additional days instead at a moderate. (We all need to sacrifice a little somewhere).;)

Welcome to the party. I hope you like the rest. And if you don't. Lie.

So far, so good! I was smiling the whole way through, although these days, I usually am. 9 days to go for our trip! I guess I'm another of those rare creatures, a man who loves Disney. I didn't even get to go until I was 28 years old! I'm 33 now and this will be our 4th trip, not quite good enough in my opinion! My new goal is to turn 35 and be about to go on my 14th trip, although that might be pushing it a bit! :rotfl: We're going to have to move down to Florida I think! DW just announced recently that she'd be ok with that, so yeah, goodbye -40 winters!

I chose the name Shir Kahn because when we go to Disneyland and do that little quiz in the Beast's Library, that's who it says I am. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I've got to say, I don't remember ever having an inclination to eat small children. Having my tail set on fire would probably be a problem however.

Anyway, I've rambled enough, time to get back to my usual pastime for the last 4 or 5 months - sitting here tweaking my trip, planning the next one, reading other peoples trips, wishing I was there right this minute, raising my post count, etc. You know, the things everyone else on this board does on a daily basis! :yay:

Congrats on the ressie at the WL. I wanted to stay there this year, but we opted for two additional days instead at a moderate. (We all need to sacrifice a little somewhere).;)

I was pushing for a Mod or Value myself so that we could stay longer but it certainly didn't take much to talk me into the Deluxe!

I guess I'm another of those rare creatures, a man who loves Disney.

:faint: A rare breed, indeed.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I've got to say, I don't remember ever having an inclination to eat small children.

Well that's certainly comforting. I mean, really, can you imagine how awkward that would make introductions? "Hi, I'm Shir Kahn. I enjoy film noir, Disney, challenge mini golf and eating small children. And you?"

Thanks again for reading. I'm hoping to get more up by the end of the day, but this whole "work" thing is getting in the way. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter