Thanksgiving Day Meal

It is my dream to spend the holidays at WDW some year, so I follow these threads with a mixture of delight, envy, and, well, respect for all of you who can down a full traditional (or nontraditional) meal while planning on hitting the parks again afterward! Keep the details coming....
We try our best to keep it as non traditional as possible! One year we went to Typhoon Lagoon after watching the Macy's parade on TV! Had dinner Later then ended the night at DHS with the Osbourne Lights(insert sad face)

Maybe he would enjoy Fort Wilderness in a cabin. You are much less immersed in the Disney character style experience, and you're out in the woods, can go fishing, boating, archery, horseback riding, nightly campfire and movie. It's a great vacation even if he never goes into the park with you and DD.

DH is not a Disney fan, so I keep it as just a dream for now. But if I could put together an enticing enough package, filled with great ideas, I might lure him away with us (DD would need no convincing!). So far, I have: Thanksgiving (the holiday usually spent with my family--they would understand for just one year) staying at WL (DH loves the backwoods of Maine, for example), with a meal at Whispering Canyon. Maybe in a year or two...
l

I am so excited! I convinced DH that we should go to WDW for Thanksgiving this year. The stars all aligned! We are having an early Thanksgiving with my family, so we were "free" for the actual holiday. Thanksgiving Day also happens to be my birthday this year and it has been a bucket list item to wake up in WDW on my birthday! I never thought that would happen since we would always have family responsibilities.

I booked Boma for a 4pm dinner on Thanksgiving Day! Anyone have experience with Boma for Tday? Is there Pumpkin pie available?!?

I had the same issues others have been having with other places. I first tried Tusker House, but it only had breakfast available. I chatted online with a CM who told me that "this must mean there are no times available" otherwise. We all know that's wrong though! I am happy with Boma though!

I am so excited! I convinced DH that we should go to WDW for Thanksgiving this year. The stars all aligned! We are having an early Thanksgiving with my family, so we were "free" for the actual holiday. Thanksgiving Day also happens to be my birthday this year and it has been a bucket list item to wake up in WDW on my birthday! I never thought that would happen since we would always have family responsibilities.

I booked Boma for a 4pm dinner on Thanksgiving Day! Anyone have experience with Boma for Tday? Is there Pumpkin pie available?!?

I had the same issues others have been having with other places. I first tried Tusker House, but it only had breakfast available. I chatted online with a CM who told me that "this must mean there are no times available" otherwise. We all know that's wrong though! I am happy with Boma though!

We ate there for dinner this past Thanksgiving and loved it! There was a nice mix of Thanksgiving food and the regular African food. They had some type of mini pumpkin dessert along with zebra domes and other selections.

We ate there for dinner this past Thanksgiving and loved it! There was a nice mix of Thanksgiving food and the regular African food. They had some type of mini pumpkin dessert along with zebra domes and other selections.
That sounds perfect! Thanks! Disney doesn't list Boma as one of their Thanksgiving locations, but that sounds official enough for me!

That sounds perfect! Thanks! Disney doesn't list Boma as one of their Thanksgiving locations, but that sounds official enough for me!

I had heard people talking about dinner there on Thanksgiving and it sounded like it would enhance the great experience we usually have there so I booked it. When info for the holiday dining was released it was not listed and I was nervous that maybe they stopped. It was a nice surprise when we arrived to see they did have it after all.

Thank you for starting this thread. We just booked Thanksgiving today and aren't thrilled with what we got (nearly everything was gone at 6am). We have
Mickey's Backyard Thanksgiving Feast but it seems so far away and will take a really long time to get to. I just wanted something off the monorail, not even fancy, but no luck. I'll keep checking back, I guess.

Where is mickey's backyard thanksgiving feasible? We got Hollywood and vine for thanksgiving day breakfast, but everything else full. We waneed scifi drive in for lunch or dinner but it's full.

Where is mickey's backyard thanksgiving feasible? We got Hollywood and vine for thanksgiving day breakfast, but everything else full. We wanted scifi drive in for lunch or dinner but it's full.
Keep checking. Just yesterday I was able to snag Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. I had to make reservations in 3 groups of 3 to make it work. I had the same for Whispering Canyon, but I'm letting those go (posted on the November cancellation thread). I've become a reservation hoarder. Mickey's Backyard BBQ is at the Fort Wilderness Campground. You have to take a boat from MK. But there is also the issue of picking up tickets in advance so we'd have to be there a half hour before show time. We are only in the parks for 2 days, so time is a commodity for us.

Last edited:
We have a lunch at LLT on Thanksgiving day, not sure how we lucked out with that one. I also have a Skipper canteen booked for later in the evening. MY DH had ulcer surgery which took out most of his stomach, so he has to eat very small meals every 2 hours. We will be sharing a lot of entrees while there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter