test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is a good question...
another question...
what kind of horse is better...
a thoroughbred or a mustang...
is there a difference...
i am an idiot for asking that question...

It depends entirely on what you want the horse for.

Ahh, I see. So when I did a 1 hour horse back riding in the woods, most likely it was wastern? It had the big horn, type thingy on there.

Oh and you use the leggings for English style, right?

that is a good question...
another question...
what kind of horse is better...
a thoroughbred or a mustang...
is there a difference...
i am an idiot for asking that question...

hahha its not a stupid question. It really depends on what the horse will be used for. Like any sport you would not ask a tiny gymnast to go out and try for the football team, or vice versa. They might be able to last for a little while, but it just would not work.

I would prefer the thoroughbred, because I like tall horses. That is just me though. Plus thoroughbreds are very versatile and can be used for many different disciplines. Mustangs are shorter, sturdier, and used a lot of for cow work, gaming, ect. Both breeds are very versatile and can do pretty much anything decently. :]

All I remember is that I used to ride English and i was thinking that 'Man, I could never ride western'

All of my friends did though.

I haven't rode a horse since I was in like grade 4 or 5. I only had a few lessons and they didn't last long.

I am awesome at getting the rhythm for trot, if I do say so myself.
My pony is a showing pony and he has a lush canter, it's me I look awful in canter and I can't figure out why xD

Yeah same here. I have been working for the past year on just sitting at the canter. I finally have gotten pretty decent at it and no longer look like a sack of potatoes up there. xD

Ahh, I see. So when I did a 1 hour horse back riding in the woods, most likely it was wastern? It had the big horn, type thingy on there.

Yes that was probably western :P

Erm we call them jodhpurs xD

mhm, they are called either breeches or jodphors[sp?] though. They help protect the saddle and allow more movablity. I usually ride in jeans and half chaps when I am schooling though.

Ok, cool girls. Thanks!! I'm taking a basics into horseriding (something like that) for one of my classes next semester. I'm excited!

Ok, cool girls. Thanks!! I'm taking a basics into horseriding (something like that) for one of my classes next semester. I'm excited!

that is cool...
i'm in intro to graphic design starting tomorrow...
i get to use awesome photoshop!...
yay me!

ok...
which one would you rather have for your purposes...

Me? A mustang. A prefer the hardier less sensitive well rounded breeds. Thoroughbreds are amazing but being a nervous rider I would most likely upset them by tensing up.

Yeah, this girl who I went with on this ride who had a horse that was spooked by everything. He was like a gray/white color. Was that a stallion?

Yeah, this girl who I went with on this ride who had a horse that was spooked by everything. He was like a gray/white color. Was that a stallion?

not necessarily. :] He could have just been a high strung nervous horse. I will show pictures of differences haha.

Thoroughbred :]
lonhro_confo1.jpg

Mustang
MustangHorse_jpg.jpg

It could've been a mare stallion or gelding.
Stallions don't tend to be ridden so much over here though.

:wave:

Mock the Week is on.

Russell Howard is talking about England, I think.

Now it's someone I don't know talking about transport.

No, it was on Dave.

They had that little joke on DHS always having a sale, and scenes we'd like to see on Doctor Who and Gordon Brown.

Argumental is on now :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter