test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: yeah right...
like they aren't already...
you running around on your horse, making a guy slam on his brakes...
lol...

Oh gawd there was this cyclist right and she came past us and Comet hates bikes so he kept trying to run away and they lady was really scared so she went infront and off she cycled and then me and my friend had a gallop by the resevoir went up the hill and met her again. She was being really slow so my friend was like lets overtake her and scare her and she went cantering past her and I full intended on walking past the poor woman but like I said Comet hates bikes so he started to canter and tried to buck and was all worked up. The woman was petrified.

I had the best hack ever with my friend. We were out for three hours and we found this huge patch of river to muck about in. Comet wasn't too fussed at first but then we had him cantering through it and enjoying himself it was amazing. We jumped over this little stream, galloped down a hill and through the river. Then we had a massive gallop up this hill and along by the resevoir. Comet is so slow even when galloping compared to my friends horse though but I don't mind it makes me look in control xD.
She did annoy me a bit because her horse got too close to Commie's bum and he went to kick her so rather than staying away she kept riding up his bum to make him do it again -_-. Then she tried to feed him chocolate (besides mints bread apple and carrots I don't feed animals human food ever) and I was like no don't do that but she still did anyway but comet spat it out and I gave him a carrot instead and poured fanta over her head xD And this car tried to mow me over. Seriously he was speeding like mad and then he had to slam on the brakes (which squealed like hell) and eneded up just about 2 inches away from hitting Comet's bum, me and my friend were kind of really scared and then really angry xD

Wow that sounds really really scary. I was on a hack once, and we were on the road headed to the horse park when the monster in the bushes decided to make an apperance and my horse totally flipped into a bucking bolting mess. I of course was dumped, in the middle of the road to be exact, luckily the car that was there was able to get out of the way, and then help direct traffic. My horse ran home[only down the street] and I got to ride in an ambulance. That is my worse horror story from riding haha.

Sounds like the first part was a lot of fun though. :] I love galloping, and my horse doesn't go too fast either. I also like how it makes me look like I am in control. I love getting on this little quarter horse who can book it. It is the most fun I have ever had, but I also felt like I was about to fly over his neck haha.

Oh gawd there was this cyclist right and she came past us and Comet hates bikes so he kept trying to run away and they lady was really scared so she went infront and off she cycled and then me and my friend had a gallop by the resevoir went up the hill and met her again. She was being really slow so my friend was like lets overtake her and scare her and she went cantering past her and I full intended on walking past the poor woman but like I said Comet hates bikes so he started to canter and tried to buck and was all worked up. The woman was petrified.
Hazzi, I totally understand the whole story except for what canter means. :)

lol...
i had to drive by pedestrians...
i was really scared yesterday cuz i got on actually road and had to drive like 45 mph...
it was scary...

Wow that sounds really really scary. I was on a hack once, and we were on the road headed to the horse park when the monster in the bushes decided to make an apperance and my horse totally flipped into a bucking bolting mess. I of course was dumped, in the middle of the road to be exact, luckily the car that was there was able to get out of the way, and then help direct traffic. My horse ran home[only down the street] and I got to ride in an ambulance. That is my worse horror story from riding haha.

Sounds like the first part was a lot of fun though. :] I love galloping, and my horse doesn't go too fast either. I also like how it makes me look like I am in control. I love getting on this little quarter horse who can book it. It is the most fun I have ever had, but I also felt like I was about to fly over his neck haha.
Oh gawd that sounds so scary! I have never been dumped on a road thankfully!

Oh it was, it's the best hacking route ever! I love cantering through water, this was up to their knees as well so it was even more fun! We had a trotting race down the hill (my friend went to the races yesterday xD) it was so much fun but I dropped my phone and cracked the screen xD

Oh I know the feeling, I rode a racehorse and I was sure I was going to fly over the head at any minute xD

Hazzi, I totally understand the whole story except for what canter means. :)

Umm it kinda goes walk trot canter gallop.
I don't know what you americans call it.

Oh it was, it's the best hacking route ever! I love cantering through water, this was up to their knees as well so it was even more fun! We had a trotting race down the hill (my friend went to the races yesterday xD) it was so much fun but I dropped my phone and cracked the screen xD

Oh I know the feeling, I rode a racehorse and I was sure I was going to fly over the head at any minute xD

I guess we call it walk, trot, canter, gallop.

Yeah the sad thing is, my horse is an ex racer. You would never be able to tell, and I guess thats why now he does dressage not on some breeding farm somewhere :rotfl:

& yes we call it walk trot canter gallop.
Canter is a slower three beat gate, similer to gallop. :]

Yeah the sad thing is, my horse is an ex racer. You would never be able to tell, and I guess thats why now he does dressage not on some breeding farm somewhere :rotfl:

& yes we call it walk trot canter gallop.
Canter is a slower three beat gate, similer to gallop. :]

Lol!

Canter is my favourite pace.
I swear it's the hardest one to make look good though.

Lol!

Canter is my favourite pace.
I swear it's the hardest one to make look good though.

Yeah I know. It is fun to just canter for fun, but when showing it is such a painnnnnn. Like it takes so much work to look nice. The trot is so easy though hahaha.

Yeah I know. It is fun to just canter for fun, but when showing it is such a painnnnnn. Like it takes so much work to look nice. The trot is so easy though hahaha.

I am awesome at getting the rhythm for trot, if I do say so myself.
My pony is a showing pony and he has a lush canter, it's me I look awful in canter and I can't figure out why xD

Ok since you girls are horse experts....What is the difference between English riding and Western riding?

that is a good question...
another question...
what kind of horse is better...
a thoroughbred or a mustang...
is there a difference...
i am an idiot for asking that question...

Ok since you girls are horse experts....What is the difference between English riding and Western riding?

Quite a lot. English hunt seat is the main way of riding here. For starters are stirrups are miles shorter xD We have both hands on our reins and we steer them by pulling the bit, not pressing against their neck. Western horses are trained in a way that they are a lot more responsive. By the way i'm going with the sort of cowboy western style here xD Our saddles are completely different, there's no big horn there xD

There are so many differences lol.
Like many disciplines withen. BUT,

Mainly English is based on the old time war horses and there routines and excersises, along with the aristocracy and hunting and all the proper european way of riding.

Western is more based on the American cowboy type of thing with horses that are laid back, comfy, and good with roping cattle ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter