Test

I am sorry that they were "misdirected" but I don't think it is Disney's responsibility to make sure your sister makes her dining reservations. And, I am confused. How did she "miss" her park plans?

Unfortunately, not every cast member has the correct information. That is why it is wise to be an informed traveler.

JMO.

My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK. They then went to Guest services at one of the parks All they did was give them 5 FP for 2 people. What could they do to get another night w/parks? '

Thank You All so Much

CAPTAIN HOOK-ED ON DISNEY pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

We're all human, people make mistakes.

Did your sister go to the restaurant? Did she try to see if they would seat her after her ADR time?

Why didn't they go to the park?

Maybe she could write a letter once she gets home.

I think 5 fastpasses were great. Why should they get free park passes and a free night stay just because someone made a mistake?

I don't see how getting wrong directions entitle someone to a free nights stay??

I agree with this. Should the manager have helped book new reservations? Yes. Was this offered? Well, it's possible. If the sister had it set in her mind that she wanted a free night, the CM's trying to help her with something lesser can easily become "doing nothing" in thier mind.

How was she "misdirected"?Give us a few more details. I don't see how missing an ADR means she cant go to the park. What did she do, get on the wrong bus? The buses are clearly marked.

How was she "misdirected"?Give us a few more details. I don't see how missing an ADR means she cant go to the park. What did she do, get on the wrong bus? The buses are clearly marked.

They told her to get t the contemporary to go to epcot and take a monorail to Contemporary which got them there an hour too late and they didn't seat them.

My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK. They then went to Guest services at one of the parks All they did was give them 5 FP for 2 people. What could they do to get another night w/parks? '

Thank You All so Much

CAPTAIN HOOK-ED ON DISNEY pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

It looks like she made it to a park, so I am not sure I understand. If she wants another night, she would have to pay for it. As far as the dining plan, I thought they "charge" you for the meal when you show up. If it is a case of her being a "no show" and being charged, I would think she should be able to get that charge "reversed".

I hate to be the bad guy here, but it is the responsibility of the traveler to be informed of their plans. The parks and the hotels offer maps, perhaps your sister needed to consult one of the maps. In addition, once she discovered they were misdirected she should have asked for help or a map from someone else. I understand missing and ADR, but how do you miss out on a day of park touring? Was she simply so upset about missing the ADR that it ruined their entire day? If that was the case maybe she needs to reconsider her reaction. :(

I sincerely hope they find some fun while they are there.

I agree.... I don't see how a simple mistake by a trainee entitles her to a free night??:confused3

Now.... if she was following directions posted on an official map given to her by a CM... and she proved the map was wrong....... that might be an arguement for maybe a complimentary dinner.

Give us details..... where was she trying to go and what did the CM tell her??

BTW.....ConcKahuna.... I love the video in your sig!! Funny how the seagull seem to look around to see if anyone is coming .... then runs out!! ha ha!!!

They told her to get t the contemporary to go to epcot and take a monorail to Contemporary which got them there an hour too late and they didn't seat them.

While it is unfortunate that the cast member was not aware of the best directions to the Contemporary, this sounds like your sister's fault.

She should be able to have the dining charges reversed and I still don't see how this prevented them from visiting the park.

My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK.

They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Get serious.. !!!

First of all, since you weren't there you only heard one side of the story. Perhaps your sister confused the CM by asking the question the wrong way, or for directions to the wrong place. I really can't see how the CM misdirected her twice. I think your sister was lucky to get the FPs myself.

I don't see why they are entitled to a free night's stay. IMHO they should have planned better. Whenever I go on vacation I always get directions and if i'm not using disney transportation I get maps which are readily available.

It is not the CM's fault that your sister didn't plan well. It is their responsibility to plan

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following the story to even fully understand what happened.

You mention both restaurants being two credits. What restaurants are you talking about?

Another nights stay at the resort won't get you into the Magic Kingdom. You need park tickets for that.

That's actually not bad of directions, especially if they were already headed to Epcot. Yes, MK would have been closer, but no matter what they would have been required to go to a park or DTD then transfer to get to the Contemporary.

If they were over an hour late following these directions, they must have left PoP at or very close to their reservation time. Part of the spiel you get when you book any resort dining is to make sure you leave at least an hour before your reservation time.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Get serious.. !!!

:confused3

I would think the reasoning for directing them to Epcot is because it is very close to Pop. And the monorail is indeed right there. It may have been a small amount of difference to go to MK and then walk to Contemporary, but it sounds to me like they must have just left too late. I truly don't think the directions made her an hour late.

Not trying to flame you or her, but a free night is asking for something totally not related to the issue at hand. I also don't understand how she missed a day in the park due to this?

. . . They then went to Guest services at one of the parks All they did was give them 5 FP for 2 people. What could they do to get another night w/parks? . . .

1) Absolutely!
2) People who are mistreated or receive wrong info deserve extra FREE nights!
miss an ADR, get a free night
wait too long in a line, get a free night
take the wrong way, get a free night
receive a late wake up call, get a free night​
3) After all, fair is fair.

1) Absolutely!
2) People who are mistreated or receive wrong info deserve extra FREE nights!
miss an ADR, get a free night
wait too long in a line, get a free night
take the wrong way, get a free night
receive a late wake up call, get a free night​
3) After all, fair is fair.

Winces. :laughing:

And, uh... Wow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter