Test

<<where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras)>>

I understand the question/post but what on earth does the above say exactly?? "Name Tat said earning my eras" ??????? :confused3 :confused3

What on earth??

I believe that he was trying to say that the cast members name tag said "earning my ears". I assume referring to the fact that the cast member was new.

I believe that he was trying to say that the cast members name tag said "earning my ears"

That is what I was thinking as well. This is why some planing ahead of time can sometime make the differnce between a good trip and a trip where there are some problems.

<<where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras)>>

I understand the question/post but what on earth does the above say exactly?? "Name Tat said earning my eras" ??????? :confused3 :confused3

What on earth??

I have been wondering that too. :confused3

I believe that he was trying to say that the cast members name tag said "earning my ears". I assume referring to the fact that the cast member was new.

LOLOLOL. Thank you SO much for explaining that little tidbit! :rotfl: You know, this poster (as well as countless others unfortunately) said "dinning" instead of "dining", and that I'm used to but "Name Tat said earning my eras" was beyond me... :sad2:

I am also presuming that it was Cali Grill she was intending to eat at, which does have a 24hr cancellation policy, hence the reason they deducted the credits from her.

I am sorry she did not leave adequate time to make it to her reservation time, even if the CM had suggested the MK bus, and it could have been that she knew the MK bus had just left and the next best one would be Epcot. we do not know this information, but it is entirely possible, that she did in fact offer the best information at that time.

The level of compensation she is looking for is in no way relative to the complaint sorry.

We feel bad for your sister and know how much it stinks when your plans don't work out while at Walt Disney World like you wanted them to, but leaving 45 min before ADR is cutting it a little close specially during a time where the parks and buses tend to be more crowded.

Very true! We were trying to get from BWI to WL last year and waited an hour just to get to the MK! We literally RAN to the ferry dock and just barely made our reservation. I had only given myself a little over an hour - thinking we'd just go to the MK and get a ferry - no biggie. Luckily, we did manage to make the ferry we ran for - if we'd have had to wait 20 minutes for the next one, we'd have been late!

It's always a good idea to allow plenty of extra time to get from resort-to-resort - luckily, the resorts are fun to walk around if you end up getting there a little early.

Another thing I did last time, was to plan my ADR around times I was already at the parks. This way I didn't have to worry about the buses, like I did the first time around.

It is not the castmembers fault that she did not get there in time. If she was an hour late for her ADR and she left 45 minutes before that wouldn't that mean she left 15 minutes after her ADR time?:confused3 So she was already late? And now she wants free tickets and rooms?????

I think that she was saying she left 45 minutes early and got there an hour after her ADR, making her trip time and hour and 45 minutes. Considering the waits involved for the bus, monorail and switch could easily have been an hour total, the 45 minutes travel time sounds about right.

I just think the person didn't plan accordingly. I'm also still not sure why missing 1 ADR makes it a 'Not Fun WDW Vacation'. It's one meal of the whole stay. Move on - get over it.

IMHO it's the entitlement mentality again.

Very true! We were trying to get from BWI to WL last year and waited an hour just to get to the MK! We literally RAN to the ferry dock and just barely made our reservation. I had only given myself a little over an hour - thinking we'd just go to the MK and get a ferry - no biggie. Luckily, we did manage to make the ferry we ran for - if we'd have had to wait 20 minutes for the next one, we'd have been late!
I always try to give myself at least an hour from getting to Pop to wherever I'm eating, and even I've had some close calls. Like almost missing a bus to MK when I had an ADR at the Poly. I luckily made the bus though, and just made it to Kona on time.

Was that Disney's fault? No. It actually wasn't my fault either, it was my mom's, but it was still my dining party's fault, for not giving ourselves enough time to get ready. (BTW, I was ready, my mom couldn't decided what to wear, and then had to iron what she did decide to wear.)

If your sister noticed and made a point of remembering that the cast member was new/in training, she could have asked another cast member to confirm that these were the correct directions. Cast members are everywhere and I'm sure most know how to get to major places on site efficiently.

I am also presuming that it was Cali Grill she was intending to eat at, which does have a 24hr cancellation policy, hence the reason they deducted the credits from her.

I am sorry she did not leave adequate time to make it to her reservation time, even if the CM had suggested the MK bus, and it could have been that she knew the MK bus had just left and the next best one would be Epcot. we do not know this information, but it is entirely possible, that she did in fact offer the best information at that time.

The level of compensation she is looking for is in no way relative to the complaint sorry.

How can they deduct the credits if they don't have the room key to scan?

Even if you're on the dining plan, aren't you required to leave a CC# when you book? I always thought a certain amount would be charged to the card if you didn't cancel in time.

If credits can be deducted, what's to stop folks from saying they aren't on the dining plan when they book their ADRs?

Don't they still give you the folder with all the park times and such in it when you check in. They did last time I went and I found it really useful.

Another thing I did last time, was to plan my ADR around times I was already at the parks. This way I didn't have to worry about the buses, like I did the first time around.
I do that too, it just makes my intinerary easier. On MK days I eat at MK, WL, the Poly, GF, or the Contemporary, on AK days I eat at AK or AK Lodge, on Epcot days I eat at Epcot, or at the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, or Yacht and Beach Clubs, and on MGM days I eat at MGM or the same resorts as Epcot days. Any other restaurants I want to eat at, at DTD or some other resort that is not as convienant to get to, I just give myself enough travel time, and fit them in wherever I can.

Planning could have solved your sister's problem.

Very true.

Sorry to hear that your sister missed her ADR but I don't see that the directions the CM gave was all that bad. MPO I would have taken a taxi since it was resort to resort. But, this is where planning comes in. Every time you make an ADR the CM always states to leave plenty of travel time. 45 minutes might seem like plenty of time, but when taking a bus (wait time) to Epcot to get the monorail (wait time), to get the resort monorail (wait time) or to walk to get to CR to me is not plenty of time. I also don't feel that a complementary night is warranted. Hey, I would take the FP's and be happy.

How can they deduct the credits if they don't have the room key to scan?

Even if you're on the dining plan, aren't you required to leave a CC# when you book? I always thought a certain amount would be charged to the card if you didn't cancel in time.

If credits can be deducted, what's to stop folks from saying they aren't on the dining plan when they book their ADRs?
If you're not on the DDP when booking a signature ADR they take a CC# and you get charged at that time- if you don't show they keep the money. If you are on the plan they take your res# and charge the meal to your DDP if you don't show.

I do that too, it just makes my intinerary easier. On MK days I eat at MK, WL, the Poly, GF, or the Contemporary, on AK days I eat at AK or AK Lodge, on Epcot days I eat at Epcot, or at the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, or Yacht and Beach Clubs, and on MGM days I eat at MGM or the same resorts as Epcot days. Any other restaurants I want to eat at, at DTD or some other resort that is not as convienant to get to, I just give myself enough travel time, and fit them in wherever I can.

When I sat down and figured out on what days we were going to what parks, my wife didn't understand why. Once she gets there, I think she will understand.

We did this exact route, Pop to Epcot to monorail to CR for our breakfast at chef mickeys. We were close to an hour late due to oversleeping and were still seated. This isn't the first time this has happened to us either, anytime we check in late (30mins to an hour) or early (30mins to an hour) we never seem to have a problem getting a table within 10mins... even during free dinning last September. For some reason Disney has always been pretty good to us with that.

Also, you only "lose" credits when you physically use them at the conclusion of a meal. Just because she made an ADR for a "2-credit" meal, doesn't mean she lost 2-credits, especially if she was unable to make her ADR. She still would have had those credits to use during her stay.

While I'm sorry to hear of your sister's frustrations... the only way for her to recieve an extra night hotel stay is to pay for it. :flower3:

We do this as well. Makes planning our vacations much easier.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter