Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

I found that the easiest way to get a boarding group is to use the Time. Gov method along with closing ALL apps on your phone other than the My Disney Experience App, and testing your cell data speed vs the Disney hotel Wifi Speed. Use which ever is faster ( Disney Wifi or your cell service). When I went weekend before last I got a boarding group at 7 AM by using that method and Disney hotel wifi.
Two questions:
1. How does one check cell data speed on an iPhone?
2. I just practice for the first time, at 1:00 pm- do I start on the AT-AT screen or the “join virtual queue“ screen?

Two questions:
2. I just practice for the first time, at 1:00 pm- do I start on the AT-AT screen or the “join virtual queue“ screen?

You can use your iPhone's browser (Safari) to visit a speed test web site, such as speedtest.net.

You can start either with the AT-AT screen or Join Virtual Queue screen. They both lead to the same place.

You can use your iPhone's browser (Safari) to visit a speed test web site, such as speedtest.net.

You can start either with the AT-AT screen or Join Virtual Queue screen. They both lead to the same place.
Thanks.
Does the “join button appear on the AT-AT screen or do I need to refresh?

Thanks.
Does the “join button appear on the AT-AT screen or do I need to refresh?
Click the join button below right when your phone time changes to 7 or 1

Screenshot_20210719-122032.png

The next screen should have the next join button to click. It'll be where the pink icon is. If it's not there you'll have to refresh.

Screenshot_20210719-122156.png

Two questions:

I have an iphone and I downloaded the Speed Test app by Ookla to check the speeds between my cell service and the Disney wifi. That app might be on Android and other phones too. Also yes, either screen will take you to the same place. I would also recommend using the time.gov site and clicking on join queue as soon as it turns 7AM or 1PM on that site.

Two questions:

If you think about it, you’re likely sending a small data packet to their server. A fast Ping speed is likely more important. Based on a video, I downloaded a Ping Test app and Pinged two Disney servers to test the speed;

http://vqguest-svc-wdw.wdprapps.disney.com

http://api.wdpro.disney.go.com

You’re looking for a Ping speed faster than 50 ms for your best chances.

There is a debate on which screen to start at. My preference is to start on the second screen and pull down to refresh it. I gauge how long it takes to refresh and start pulling down about 5 seconds before 7 and hopefully have a refresh complete right at 7. I also poise my fingers over where the next Join buttons are located and just press them press them when they appear.

If you think about it, you’re likely sending a small data packet to their server. A fast Ping speed is likely more important. Based on a video, I downloaded a Ping Test app and Pinged two Disney servers to test the speed;

http://vqguest-svc-wdw.wdprapps.disney.com

http://api.wdpro.disney.go.com

You’re looking for a Ping speed faster than 50 ms for your best chances.

There is a debate on which screen to start at. My preference is to start on the second screen and pull down to refresh it. I gauge how long it takes to refresh and start pulling down about 5 seconds before 7 and hopefully have a refresh complete right at 7. I also poise my fingers over where the next Join buttons are located and just press them press them when they appear.

Are you pulling down, then releasing right at 7 or are you constantly refreshing 5 seconds ahead of time?

Are you pulling down, then releasing right at 7 or are you constantly refreshing 5 seconds ahead of time?

Constantly refreshing ahead of time. When I last did it, I “timed” how long each refresh took and then timed it so a refresh would complete just after 7:00:00. Each refresh took 1 second, so I pulled down just after 6:59:55 every second until I got the 2nd Join button. The night before at CBR, it was taking about 2 seconds to refresh on data, so I was planning on timing it differently. Fortunately, WiFi was faster that morning and I was able to refresh every second.

I figure by refreshing the second screen, you’re not waiting for the full screen to load like you would be from starting at the first Join button.

Missed it this morning. I’m now 6 for 7 getting a morning ROTR BG. Did the normal routine. Speed test was about the same between WiFi/lte so I just went with lte because that’s been successful. I noticed a loading lag a few minutes prior. Switched back and forth and just wasn’t getting a fast signal. Clicked join 7 on the dot and it was full. First time ever seeing that screen. Gonna try again at 1 but we’re probably hopping to Epcot at 2 so might just skip so someone else can get on.

Missed it this morning. I’m now 6 for 7 getting a morning ROTR BG. Did the normal routine. Speed test was about the same between WiFi/lte so I just went with lte because that’s been successful. I noticed a loading lag a few minutes prior. Switched back and forth and just wasn’t getting a fast signal. Clicked join 7 on the dot and it was full. First time ever seeing that screen. Gonna try again at 1 but we’re probably hopping to Epcot at 2 so might just skip so someone else can get on.

Would you mind sharing the speeds you were seeing this morning? LTE and WIFI, and the resort?

Thanks

Would you mind sharing the speeds you were seeing this morning? LTE and WIFI, and the resort?

Thanks
I just googled internet speed test…I think they were each in the 25-30 range. Lte was in the 40’s the other days.

Got a boarding group at 1 in the park using their WiFi. We got group 108…rides been down now for over an hour and we’re hopping so our spots probably going to waste. Oh well. I’d stay if it was running normally but not waiting around all day with these awful wait times

I just googled internet speed test…I think they were each in the 25-30 range. Lte was in the 40’s the other days.

Got a boarding group at 1 in the park using their WiFi. We got group 108…rides been down now for over an hour and we’re hopping so our spots probably going to waste. Oh well. I’d stay if it was running normally but not waiting around all day with these awful wait times
View attachment 590950
They're up to group 92 at 3:45 so as long as it doesn't go down for an extended period of time you should be good to ride today!

Last week we went to DHS on the 11th and the 15th. We had 11 people who had Park passes the first day and 9 the second, and did have people on our list who were not with us. The correct people were pre selected each day.

I did speed tests, and in the room at the Riviera both cellular and wi-fi were dismal! Just awful! We went outside around the lake and they were improved, but nowhere near what I get at home on our wi-fi. Outside cellular and wi-fi were comparable, we went with cellular and had 1 son use wi-fi. In the lobby wi-fi was better, but there seemed to be a lag loading pages so we went outside.

Here is where it got weird. On the 11th my 2 sons (8 and 11) and I stood and I watched the time on my apple watch. when it was 5 sec I counted down and we all clicked at exactly 7:00 when it switched. The first time I didn't even get the second page to load for a few seconds and by the time it did I got the red box at the bottom about an error. my older son said the same thing, and when I looked at my younger sons phone he was looking at the initial screen that had the join button. So we were heading back to the room, dejected but hoping for better results at 1:00. While we were walking in my DH called and said "I guess you got it!". He tried from the room, and got the screen that he was already in a boarding group. So we went onto the app, checked our VQs, and saw we had BG 55! I have no idea what happened, I assumed my younger son must have gotten it and then clicked out of the screen before I looked. We were called around 12:15 IIRC.

On the 15th we again went down by the lake, and this time the page was loading quickly. I didn't have any lag, and was able to quickly click through all 3 joins but got the red box at the bottom. My older son said the same thing, and again my younger son didn't seem to have gotten through. But remembering our prior experience we checked our virtual queue's, and were in BG 17! I have absolutely no idea what happened. I know I didn't get through the way you should, because I have done it before and followed this thread. my older son should have known what to do and expect, so all I can figure is my younger son did it and didn't know it? But it makes no sense, I don't know why he would have always clicked off of the success page before I looked literally a second later. IDK, but we got to ride twice. We were called at around 10:15.

My take home was that no matter how absolutely smoothly EVERY practice goes, don't expect the same on the actual day. Some of that is probably how good our home wi-fi is vs Disney where everyone is trying and there are so many more people than our small town. The other is that, like someone mentioned a few pages ago, I'm not convinced anymore that practice can actually tell you you would have been successful. It's only benefit is just getting used to the pages, the look, and the procedure - so you know what to click and expect. I practiced dozens of times and always got to the pages that meant success, and our 2 actual tries things just didn't load the same/go as smoothly. But it worked out.

I also wanted to add that at various times both during practice and during the week, I noticed the AT-AT page would disappear. I have no idea why, but I would have to completely close and reopen the app to get it back. Or else, had it happened that morning, tried from the VQ link instead of the AT-AT page. Just to keep us on our toes. I noticed the same thing with wait times. 75% of the time it was right there when I opened the app. The other 25% of the time I could not find them no matter what and had to actually search wait times to get there :confused3 .

We were at DHS on Saturday. This thread (and its predecessor) were invaluable to me in learning what to expect and how to navigate the absurd system. And some of you patiently answered my questions a few weeks ago when I first looked into this.

We were staying at the Swan. I set my alarm for 6:45 and quietly took both my and my wife’s phones into the bathroom. I had done Internet speed tests the night before and discovered that the Swan’s WiFi was much, much faster in our room than relying on Verizon data. So, using the hotel WiFi, I opened the browser on my wife’s phone to time.gov and opened MDE on my phone, scrolling down to the at-at page. I kept touching the screens to make sure that neither phone went into lock mode at the wrong time, and watched the seconds count down. At precisely 7:00, I clicked join, join, join as fast as I could without reading anything, and . . .

it worked! Boarding Group 37. Perfect timing, as we got to rope drop MFSR (our first time in Galaxy’s Edge) and then do TSMM twice and SDD once before our group was called. The kids were beyond thrilled.

Thanks, everyone, for your help! This community is a lifesaver.

Today was my one and only shot to get a BG since we came for the day from Jacksonville. I was up and ready to go at 7:00, got BG 19!! Once we got the BG we had to bust it to Hollywood Studios to get there in time. It was a little scary waiting in traffic and the parking line but we made it with 10 minutes to spare. Ride was worth all the hassle.

I was able to get BG 40 this morning from our on our balcony at Shades of Green. I used T Mobile data on my I Phone 11 with Wi-Fi turned off. I had time.gov up on my tablet and hit join at exactly 6:59:59. We were on ROTR by 11:30 am. I wasn't very hopeful about getting a BG because the cell and Wi-Fi signal at Shades of Green isn't the greatest, thick walls and way out on the golf course, so I was actually shocked to succeed this morning. A big thank you to everyone here who made this possible with all of your wonderful tips.
The crowds were insane this morning at DHS.

It doesn't hurt anything to have multiple people logged into the same account trying to get a boarding group.

What about members of your party each being logged into their own account trying to get a boarding group for the party? Like should my wife and I both try on our respective accounts, or just have 1 of us try?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter