Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

The only option I see is 'Select All' which would select everyone on my Friends and Family list which would include 13 people not travelling with us.

If there was a option to select 'all in the park' that would work but that option is not there. It's either select either list or select people (including myself) individually.

The only option I see is 'Select All' which would select everyone on my Friends and Family list which would include 13 people not travelling with us.

If there was a option to select 'all in the park' that would work but that option is not there. It's either select either list or select people (including myself) individually.
And if you select “all” and some of those people aren’t there with a park reservation, it won’t let you continue to the next join screen.

When we were there in April, I deleted friends/family not there, just to be sure there would be no conflicts. I figure it would be easier to add them back on the next joint trip. This may be your best solution.

I just wanted to add that we were there just after they added the auto selection of guests and it was uncertain how well or how long it would work.

Last edited:
Okay guys so I have had all successful practices as long as I hit join-join (and most recently)-select all-join as long as I do it as my phone turns 7 on the dot. I've used time.gov successfully as well to countdown to time. Has anyone had lots of successful practice and then struck out on the day of? t-12 days.

Okay guys so I have had all successful practices as long as I hit join-join (and most recently)-select all-join as long as I do it as my phone turns 7 on the dot. I've used time.gov successfully as well to countdown to time. Has anyone had lots of successful practice and then struck out on the day of? t-12 days.
I’ve had this happen occasionally but doesn’t seem to continue. Hopefully it was just a one time glitch.

Hi all. Another day, and we got boarding group 4 this time! We did have to 'select all' before booking. This is my friends' last DHS day, so I can't provide anymore info after today. Have a nice weekend, everyone!
I wonder if it’s making you select all because you don’t have a park pass? Your friends are connected through family and friends and you’re trying on your account, right? I’m trying for us again in the morning- I’ll report back on our experience then and see if we have to select all or not to compare.

This morning was our first failed attempt. (I blame DS 21 for being distracted 😂). We’ve done it 3/4 times this trip so I’m ok with it. BUT I wanted to report back that my group WAS STILL preselected.

I wonder if it’s making you select all because you don’t have a park pass? Your friends are connected through family and friends and you’re trying on your account, right? I’m trying for us again in the morning- I’ll report back on our experience then and see if we have to select all or not to compare.
OP reported earlier that she was signed into her friend’s account (not her own) so this should not have made a difference. What I’m starting to wonder (and this is just me thinking out loud) is I wonder if they’ve added some location tracking behind the scenes as different people are having different experiences?
Boarding group 1
Everyone was preselected.
This morning was our first failed attempt. (I blame DS 21 for being distracted 😂). We’ve done it 3/4 times this trip so I’m ok with it. BUT I wanted to report back that my group WAS STILL preselected.
This is great news to have 2 people reporting this morning g that everyone was preselected!!

Definitely different things happening for different people.

Thanks to all who are sharing their experiences here!! We will continue to monitor and update post 1 based on your feedback.

OP reported earlier that she was signed into her friend’s account (not her own) so this should not have made a difference. What I’m starting to wonder (and this is just me thinking out loud) is I wonder if they’ve added some location tracking behind the scenes as different people are having different experiences?
I’m not sure- I was trying to think out loud as well! All 4 days we have tried we were preselected so maybe there’s an on-site location tracker like you said. Strange.

This is great news to have 2 people reporting this morning g that everyone was preselected!!

Definitely different things happening for different people.

Thanks to all who are sharing their experiences here!! We will continue to monitor and update post 1 based on your feedback.

I am not on property. Our condo is in Cape Canaveral. 1 hour away.
I use wifi with location and data turned off.
Tracking seems unlikely.
I help my friends all the time from my full time home in California, have yet to have any issues.

I am not on property. Our condo is in Cape Canaveral. 1 hour away.
I use wifi with location and data turned off.
Tracking seems unlikely.
I help my friends all the time from my full time home in California, have yet to have any issues.
I understand this but changes were made about 5 days ago to the MDE app and we are trying to help people figure out why some families are being pre-selected and others are having to go through their list and select each person, sometimes causing them to miss getting a BG.

You can help us out with our data gathering. Have you tried to help any friends in the past 5 days obtain a BG from either Cape Canaveral or California? If so, where were you and was the party pre-selected? Thanks!

I understand this but changes were made about 5 days ago to the MDE app and we are trying to help people figure out why some families are being pre-selected and others are having to go through their list and select each person, sometimes causing them to miss getting a BG.

You can help us out with our data gathering. Have you tried to help any friends in the past 5 days obtain a BG from either Cape Canaveral or California? If so, where were you and was the party pre-selected? Thanks!

If you have people in your MDE that are not going (without a park pass) my advice is to remove them.

If BGs are an important part of your vacation, don't leave it to chance. I feel your group should consist of people immediately with you.

It has locked me up before, and 4 days ago for my friend) but I still got her the BG. (I had to select her from a group of 5).

I have never found this software glitchy. Have been using it at DL and HS since it's inception. It has a few days of odd behavior, but I have been successful 100% of my attempts. Practice makes perfect.

My daughter and I practiced from home (not in Orlando area) this morning and both checked “Select All” since no one was preselected.

After then pressing Continue, we both had the following message (still not sure if this is good or bad):

No Park Reservation Found. Each member of your party needs a Disney Park Pass reservation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios before you can join a virtual queue. To continue, remove the following ineligible Guest(s) listed below. <all our names listed>

From reading the OP I think this is good? What is the “bad” message again?

That's an interesting take. I'm in Canada, and my friends are staying in Disney. Yesterday and the day before, I had to 'select all' to get them their boarding groups. I was logged into their acccount (and I'm not connected to them in family & friends). Hearing reports from today that names were pre-selected is interesting, because that wasn't my situation the last 2 days. Maybe you're right, and there is some kind of location tracking going on??

My daughter and I practiced from home (not in Orlando area) this morning and both checked “Select All” since no one was preselected.

After then pressing Continue, we both had the following message (still not sure if this is good or bad):

No Park Reservation Found. Each member of your party needs a Disney Park Pass reservation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios before you can join a virtual queue. To continue, remove the following ineligible Guest(s) listed below. <all our names listed>

From reading the OP I think this is good? What is the “bad” message again?
No reservation is a good message. Bad would be red or blue box saying there was an issue

Did you use cell service at the hotel? If so would you mind running a speed test and sharing your speed.
It's hard to tell after the fact because it depends on exactly where they are at the moment and how many other people are logged onto the hotel wifi at the time. There have been people report having a great speed at 6:30AM and by a few minutes before 7:00 it was greatly reduced as more and more people logged onto the wifi. Each resort and each location will be different. Many wander around the resort just before 7AM looking for the best wifi at the moment.

It's hard to tell after the fact because it depends on exactly where they are at the moment and how many other people are logged onto the hotel wifi at the time. There have been people report having a great speed at 6:30AM and by a few minutes before 7:00 it was greatly reduced as more and more people logged onto the wifi. Each resort and each location will be different. Many wander around the resort just before 7AM looking for the best wifi at the moment.

I'm seeing some people are saying use cell service not wifi. I'm thinking I shouldn't be sitting here at home practicing with 140 mbps wifi giving me a false sense of security when at the hotel it's going to be a sliver of that.

Seems a lot of the people in here reporting success and early groups are using fast wifi somewhere other than WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter