Tell me about Disney Gift Cards from Target

BJs also sells Disney gift cards at a discount, i believe its also 5%. I would assume other warehouse clubs may do the same, but I'm not sure.

I have purchased a number of Disney Gift Cards there and I am pretty sure, not absolutely sure, that it was at least a 5% discount.

I have purchased a number of Disney Gift Cards there and I am pretty sure, not absolutely sure, that it was at least a 5% discount.

I just bought Disney gift cards there today. The $100 card was $95.99 so it is a 4% discount. If you use your Disney Visa you get an additional 1% or 2% in rewards, depending on which Visa you have.

No pharmacy rewards in NJ, just FYI.

That's right. You can't get the pharmacy rewards in New Jersey, New York and I think Arkansas. State law forbids it.

Also, you can't get the rewards if you participate in a federally funded insurance program. As a federal employee, I dislike this to no end. I think when this piece of legislation was passed, this was to combat Medicare/Medicaid fraud. However, the courts determined that it meant all insurance programs partially funded by he government...including the Federal Employee Health Benefits program. Several years ago, Walgreens was fined nearly $8 million dollars for allowing FEHBP participants to take part in their free-gift-card-for-transferring-prescription program :mic:

Can you tell I'm irked?

I think I read on the Budget Board that Disney Gift Cards are NOT accepted at the World of Disney store in DTD. Now that I think about it more, that was a Disney store GC that was not accepted there. I would double check that one though.

I remember that comment on the budget board...that person unfortunately purchased a Disney Store Merchandise card and those are only accepted at The Disney Store or The Disney Store.com. The World of Disney is owned by Disney but is not the same as The Disney Store (i.e. the stores you can find in malls) the Disney Store Merchandise cards are not sold at Target so no worries.

For those who pre-ordered photopass+ with gift cards :
Where you able to use multiple giftcards online or did you have to call to pre-order??
I have only seen $50 Disney gift cards at Target. Wish the Targets around me would carry $100 Disney giftcards!
I had three $50 Disney gift cards that I bought to pre purchase my PP+. I was able to type in the codes for all three gift card but it only processed two. I think I may have made a mistake when I typed one of the card numbers. :confused3 It took 2 of the 3 gift cards and charged the rest to my credit card.

We've used them to buy APs and used them to purchase food and souvenirs all over Disney. We carry some cash because some of the vendors don't take cards (like balloon vendors), but other than that no problems. I got my 5% pharmacy rewards last week in the mail, so I am stacking the every day 5% off with the coupon to get 9-ish% off gift cards. We figure if I buy $800 worth of cards, I'll really only pay $724. That's almost an entire day's worth of meals for us in savings.

Yes, you can definitely save! Unfortunately, I just realized this on my 11th trip :scared1: working at corporate AND stacking my pharmacy rewards, I'll be saving a sweet 20% buying my tickets this November!! Definitely excited to save that big chunk of money!

I also wanted to add, don't forget the fast food and restaurant gift cards they have! I picked up some Chick-fil-A and Wendy's GCs for the trip to Orlando and back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter