Technical question (Pre-dining review)

Jerusalem Gal

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!

I'm loving all your dining reviews and would really like to add my own after my January trip. (Extend the magic just a tiny bit longer!)

Do you all take notes during your meals? How do you remember all your thoughts and feelings?
How do you remember what pictures were taken where?
And where do you store so many pictures? On your phone? (I'm assuming you take pictures of other things, not just food. You have enough space on your phone for that?)

Any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated! :D
Thanks!

I take pictures with my point & shoot and my phone. Sometimes the lighting works better with one or the other as flash, in my experience, washes out food. Some people use big fancy cameras, the kind I envy - but don't want to carry. Mikka carries around a smell notebook for notes. We sometimes take pictures of the menu descriptions if they are complicated or interesting.

I take pictures with my point & shoot and my phone. Sometimes the lighting works better with one or the other as flash, in my experience, washes out food. Some people use big fancy cameras, the kind I envy - but don't want to carry. Mikka carries around a smell notebook for notes. We sometimes take pictures of the menu descriptions if they are complicated or interesting.
Thanks!
You have enough storage space for all your pictures?
And how do you remember what pictures were taken where?

hubby was not on board taking photos of our food...BUT at the end of our day or when we go back to our resort ....I write down where we went during the day...rides, or stores or whatever and also food....if I do it right as soon as I get back..I am good to remember....then take home the pad of paper on our desk...

hubby was not on board taking photos of our food...BUT at the end of our day or when we go back to our resort ....I write down where we went during the day...rides, or stores or whatever and also food....if I do it right as soon as I get back..I am good to remember....then take home the pad of paper on our desk...
Ah, so you keep a sort of journal. I hope I have the energy for it at the end of the day! :D

sometimes we go back to the resort to take a swim or just veg afternoons...then get ready for evening ...it really works

sometimes we go back to the resort to take a swim or just veg afternoons...then get ready for evening ...it really works
I'm a park commando 8-)
No way do I take breaks in the middle of the day! (Which is why I don't know if I'll survive writing everything up when I get back at night...)

Thanks!
You have enough storage space for all your pictures?
And how do you remember what pictures were taken where?

Before I go, I delete any apps I won't be using and turn off as much as I can as far as auto updates, push notifications, etc on my phone. I back up my phone pictures every night. I use One Drive, but there are a lot of them. As for my camera - I buy big camera cards. I have several trips on a card. These are backed up when I get home, but I could do it on the trip as well.
As for what I ate where - both my camera and phone auto-date pictures, so it isn't too hard to figure out where we ate. (It is in Mikka's notebook as well.) When I first started taking food pictures, I would take a pic of the restaurant sign, but I found it wasn't necessary.

Before I go, I delete any apps I won't be using and turn off as much as I can as far as auto updates, push notifications, etc on my phone. I back up my phone pictures every night. I use One Drive, but there are a lot of them. As for my camera - I buy big camera cards. I have several trips on a card. These are backed up when I get home, but I could do it on the trip as well.
As for what I ate where - both my camera and phone auto-date pictures, so it isn't too hard to figure out where we ate. (It is in Mikka's notebook as well.) When I first started taking food pictures, I would take a pic of the restaurant sign, but I found it wasn't necessary.
Thanks for the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter