Tax on Dining Plan Meals

Mcert01

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious. I know tax is paid on the package, but is tax also paid on the total value of each meal, or just on items not covered by the plan (e.g. appetizers)?

We have been on the plan several times but I can't recall.

Thanks for the help!

I'm just curious. I know tax is paid on the package, but is tax also paid on the total value of each meal, or just on items not covered by the plan (e.g. appetizers)?

We have been on the plan several times but I can't recall.

Thanks for the help!

If you are using the dining plan, the tax is covered by anything the plan covers. If you order an app or side that is not covered, you will pay tax on that portion.

If you are using the dining plan, the tax is covered by anything the plan covers. If you order an app or side that is not covered, you will pay tax on that portion.

That's what I thought but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Correct, the plan price includes all sales taxes. The only taxes you'll have to pay are on things not covered by the plan. It's why I point out that when comparing to menu prices, you need to add sales tax to the menu price to get a fair comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter