• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target Breach.

Yesterday, I called 605-362-4400, which is a direct to switchboard number for Target National Bank/Card Services. It is a legit number, he had my RedCard number pulled up from my phone number, all I had to do was confirm my address (which I gave only part of and had him fill in the blanks) and I was on the phone for a total of 12 minutes. They may or may not still be fielding calls through that number.
Hope that helps those who haven't been able to get through.
And yes, I shopped at Target today, even without my RedCard. They won't lose my business because of this security breach. I wasn't able to get my 5% off today, since I'm waiting on my replacement RedCard debit card, but I did joke with the cashier and ask her if she could give it to me anyway. She replied, if I could force that through, I would, then she asked if I wanted to speak to a manager. I told her not to worry about it at all, it was such a small amount, I didn't even push the issue. I was really only trying to make light of the situation.

Target needs to step up and get another phone number activated to deal with this. I have been trying to contact them since yesterday :furious:

Try 605-362-4400 . Took me about 5 minutes to get through, cancel my card and have a new one sent.

Chase has changed their automatic answering message to "we are aware of the Target breach" :)

thank you, took me less then 3 minutes. I feel much better now, that they are sending me a new card.

Thank you for posting 605-362-4400. held for 3 minutes at most and card has been cancelled! feeling better now.

So I am missing something is there a Red Debit card that uses a pin and can directly take funds from checking account?

I thought the red card was only a credit card, and to be honest could only be used at Target. .. perhaps erroneously..

I think mine is a credit card, and I really thought I could only use it at target.. ?

There are 2 types of Target Red Cards - credit and debit - both only to be used at Target.

There was a Target Visa issued years ago, I used to have one, and you could use it anywhere, just like a regular Visa. It was red with the Target logo and the Visa logo. I don't think they are issuing those anymore, but if you have an old one I guess it could still be active.

Thanks - that number was fast for my card questions. I didn't bother cancelling the card since so far everything looks fine. I am just going to check each day for the next few weeks and change my pin number. Unfortunately she wasn't able to help with my order that was cancelled because she was only financial services and couldn't check Target.com stuff.

Yesterday, I called 605-362-4400, which is a direct to switchboard number for Target National Bank/Card Services. It is a legit number, he had my RedCard number pulled up from my phone number, all I had to do was confirm my address (which I gave only part of and had him fill in the blanks) and I was on the phone for a total of 12 minutes. They may or may not still be fielding calls through that number.
Hope that helps those who haven't been able to get through.
And yes, I shopped at Target today, even without my RedCard. They won't lose my business because of this security breach. I wasn't able to get my 5% off today, since I'm waiting on my replacement RedCard debit card, but I did joke with the cashier and ask her if she could give it to me anyway. She replied, if I could force that through, I would, then she asked if I wanted to speak to a manager. I told her not to worry about it at all, it was such a small amount, I didn't even push the issue. I was really only trying to make light of the situation.

Try 605-362-4400 . Took me about 5 minutes to get through, cancel my card and have a new one sent.

Thank you so much! I was on hold for about 10 minutes but got through and cancelled my card and got another one issued.
The woman I spoke to was extremely nice but she sounded exhausted. I can only imagine what they have had to deal with the last few days!

Facebook. There's a link to a video of the CEO talking about the breach and he mentions the employee discount will be offered to everyone this weekend.

Target is offering everyone 10% off this weekend. Does anyone know how to print the coupon?
Where are you seeing this information?
Thanks

http://www.abullseyeview.com/2013/12/ceomessage/#?v=1B1FB122013

I found this article from the CEO on one of target's websites...but when I click on the link in the article, I can't find the deal.

Edit - I just saw the posts above :) I got some target gift cards that I would love to combine with this offer.

http://www.abullseyeview.com/2013/12/ceomessage/#?v=1B1FB122013

I found this article from the CEO on one of target's websites...but when I click on the link in the article, I can't find the deal.

Edit - I just saw the posts above :) I got some target gift cards that I would love to combine with this offer.

http://www.target.com/HelpContent?h...ons/promotions.html&ref=sr_shorturl_10percent

10% off storewide purchase only. Saturday 12/21 through Sunday 12/22.
Excludes all gift cards, entertainment cards, airtime cards, prepaid cards, iTunes cards, Apple, Bose, all video games, Playstation 4 consoles, Xbox One consoles, Target Mobile(SM), prescriptions, optical, clinic, and alcohol purchases. Offer cannot be combined with other storewide or category/department coupons.

I just read an article in our hometown paper where two shoppers here in town had their bank accts cleaned out.

One person said the debt's occur in Great Britain. The other woman said the charges occurred in Illinois. They had to fill out police reports and take them to the bank to get the money put back in their accts.

Hope this pushes US banks to improve the security of their credit cards by adding chips to them. If enough of us ask for new cards and accounts be closed when our CC data is potentially compromised, at some point the CC companies/banks will find it makes $ sense to spend the money and take that step.....

I have a chip card, but none of the merchants in the US have chip readers yet. My card still gets swiped just like any other card. Everyone will have chip cards in the future, but I don't think chip cards and readers are required until 2015.

Nice try, Target. The 10% off hardly seems worth it with all the restrictions.

I think we should all go buy gift cards and let them try to deny us the 10% discount. Lol. Couldn't get thru online or via phone today to check card balance or get new card #.

I think we should all go buy gift cards and let them try to deny us the 10% discount. Lol. Couldn't get thru online or via phone today to check card balance or get new card #.

Why? What good does that do? It only will hurt the individual stores and cause problems for the employees. No one in any position of power will have to deal with it or will care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter