Target 5% back--does it work with Disney gift cards?

^^^
I would love to know if anyone has tried this yet. I asked at Target when I got the 20% coupon and the cashier didn't know if it would work. I'd love to go buy about $2000 worth of Disney Gift cards for my next trip. That would be a LOT of savings!:cheer2:

Does anyone know if the 20% off coupon from Target is going to work to buy Disney gift cards since they are entertainment cards instead of gift cards?
^^^ I would love to know if anyone has tried this yet. I asked at Target when I got the 20% coupon and the cashier didn't know if it would work. I'd love to go buy about $2000 worth of Disney Gift cards for my next trip. That would be a LOT of savings!:cheer2:

According to other threads, the 20% is NOT working on Disney GCs. Sorry :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I tried it today. The 20% off coupon did not work, unfortunately. The 5% Red Card discount did work, as it has in the past.

Yesterday it was managers discretion whether they manually gave you the discount or not. Some got the 20% off and some didn't. I am pretty sure target has put a stop to it.

We were able to get the deal!

Just wanted to say that I just returned from my Target shopping trip and saved almost $1000 on 80 Disney cards ($4000). I had no problem, asked before I got in the check out line so I wouldn't hold up a line, was told yes, not a problem, that they had several people yesterday who got the discounted 20% with the coupon. They called over a manager. She took me to customer service desk, told me she had done the same thing the day before for her own upcoming trip, that she had called regional headquarters and was told yes, the Disney cards were perfectly ok to discount. She verified it again later in the day when another customer came in to buy several thousand dollars worth and again was told it was not a problem! So for my purchase today, she did not need to verify again, she just knew exactly what to do. It took awhile to ring up 80 cards (because my Red debit card wouldn't go through, too much money compared to my usual Target spending habits according to phone call I made while there) so the manager then told me to go ahead and use my Disney credit card after she took off the 5% I would have gotten with my Red card. So end result, $4000 became $3040. And I'll earn $30 in Disney dollars too. :cool1:

Wow.. awesome tip. I now have a TargetRed card in the mail :) So going to take advantage of this.

Check your target account. National news reported that 40M target accounts were compromised. Reportedly if u shopped between Black Friday. & December 15th. Couldn't figure a way to post link here.

Thanks for posting. I'm ticked that target knows about this yet u can't get through online to check your account & they hang up On you in the two phone numbers they gave you. Also did not get the email they supposedly sent their credit card customers.

Same here... I have tried calling them all day and have been hung up on :confused3 as I bought GC's there during this timeframe... Good luck

Thanks for posting. I'm ticked that target knows about this yet u can't get through online to check your account & they hang up On you in the two phone numbers they gave you. Also did not get the email they supposedly sent their credit card customers.

I couldn't get through until about 5 minutes ago. My account looks fine. I think they were just slammed with too many hits after the news finally broke. Not an excuse, but a reason. You might try again now. I'm going to keep checking for the next several weeks; not sure I'll buy anything at Target for awhile.

I couldn't get through until about 5 minutes ago. My account looks fine. I think they were just slammed with too many hits after the news finally broke. Not an excuse, but a reason. You might try again now. I'm going to keep checking for the next several weeks; not sure I'll buy anything at Target for awhile.

Thanks I'll go try now. I bought a lot of stuff during that time frame & have my receipts so hopefully nothing looks out of place. I might just cancel this card & get a new one though.

Thanks I'll go try now. I bought a lot of stuff during that time frame & have my receipts so hopefully nothing looks out of place. I might just cancel this card & get a new one though.

That's the best plan -
Its looking like the "breach" was an inside job, and they did it differently, it took Target longer to discover it -

Also, if the person that stole the millions of numbers from your magnetic strip SELLS those numbers, then you could see a hit on your card months, or even years from now -

I replaced my bank card that I know I used, I just dont want to check it "hourly' (seriously, hourly?! Yes, one of the TV news programs says you should be checking hourly! That's a bit over the top imho!)

I finally got into my Target account online & it was fine. I do think if I can ever get a live person I'm going to ask that this account be cancelled & a new card issued. Better safe than sorry. I use it a lot for gift cards & paper goods.

Target announced a 10% discount for everyone this weekend... does anyone know if it applies to Disney gift cards?

Edit: Never mind, I answered my own question:

"10% off storewide purchase only. Saturday 12/21 through Sunday 12/22.

Excludes all gift cards, entertainment cards, airtime cards, prepaid cards, iTunes cards, Apple, Bose, all video games, Playstation 4 consoles, Xbox One consoles, Target Mobile(SM), prescriptions, optical, clinic, and alcohol purchases. Offer cannot be combined with other storewide or category/department coupons."

When you receive the Pharmacy Rewards 5% coupon for one day use, does it have an expiration date or a date window you have to use it in? Just wondering if I need to time switching my prescriptions over closer to my payoff date.

Yes. I just received one today and it expires on 2/28

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm considering buying pharm card on ebay. It would save me about 200 dollars. Some go for about 25. net gain of 175. I simply have no prescriptions to fill : (

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter