Talking Mickey

"Talking" Mickey? Is that what he's called? We refer to him as "Creepy" Mickey. He had us spinning around in circles for some reason. Even the photographer looked confused.

He has worked for us about 50/50, which is aggravating if you used a FP+ up on it. My adult kids thought he was kinda creepy as well.
Here is a video, it was made after he first arrived so the wait time was longer then than you see now.

When we were leaving the Magic Kingdom earlier this month we saw the wait was 5 minutes and decided to get in line and had no idea that Mickey was going to talk. It was one of the highlights of the trip, especially because we weren't expecting it.

He has worked for us about 50/50, which is aggravating if you used a FP+ up on it. My adult kids thought he was kinda creepy as well.
Here is a video, it was made after he first arrived so the wait time was longer then than you see now.

Wow. That looks like you had a great interaction!

I remember they were testing, but I had no idea talking Mickey is still here! I've got some planning to do!

Thank you for sharing the video!

My kids didn't know he was going to talk and had the biggest grins.

In line I was telling them that I had a huge surprise and this Mickey was special and the CM told me discreetly that the surprise may not be working and ran off to check. But she starting shaking her head as soon as she heard me. Makes it seem like it's down fairly often.

Wow. That looks like you had a great interaction!

I remember they were testing, but I had no idea talking Mickey is still here! I've got some planning to do!

Thank you for sharing the video!

Not my video. BigFatPanda has awesome videos of all over Disney, so I share. I have one but not that good.

You'll be fine if you're okay waiting 10-15 miutes. We did this at our rope drop in June last year - I was super excited to see the talking Mickey and we went straight for the line as soon as we got into the park at rope drop. They don't let people start going in to see Mickey for about 10 minutes so we waited maybe 15 minutes and there were like 10 people in front of us. My boyfriend (at the time) ended up proposing to me in front of Mickey :) <3

I know this is an old thread, but I would love to propose to my bf at the Talking Mickey, if I can get down there for a couple of days soon.

He holds a special memory for us. What happens when you do this? I didn't know if I should, because I didn't know if he had something set up for that situation, if you know what I mean.

I know this is an old thread, but I would love to propose to my bf at the Talking Mickey, if I can get down there for a couple of days soon.

He holds a special memory for us. What happens when you do this? I didn't know if I should, because I didn't know if he had something set up for that situation, if you know what I mean.
As soon as the proposal begins, Mickey immediately moves away and out of the picture. So, you'll basically be having a private moment on the set.

Afterwards, Mickey will offer his congratulations and will pose for photos with you two.

I'll just warn that we've done this at RD a couple times and there are two problems to doing it then:

1. Mickey doesn't open until 9. Period. (Well, assuming a 9 RD). A lot of times they open the park by around 8:45 or so, so you'll just be standing there for 15 minutes waiting for Mickey to show. You honestly could probably do something like PP first and not end up too far behind and waste that prime touring time.
2. It seemed like both times we did it they weren't ready with photopass photographers yet and we were told we had to wait even longer if we wanted photopass pics. The first time we just met Mickey but didn't get the pics. The second time I complained and they gave me a FP for later so we said hi quickly and then left (and never managed to go back for the pic). Unless you're going during a peak week (one of those times was Christmas week last year) and Mickey is a huge priority (ie in the engagement scenarios above), I might try to do a few other things first. If you are doing something where pics are critical, I'd confirm they're ready with photographers before you get in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter