Take the 2 year old they said...It'll be fun they said...They were right!

It nice knowing you are going back so if you miss something you know its okay. I am glad that missing the WS wasn't to much of a disappointment for you!

I remember the first time I went to Disney as an adult the last day there I did not know when I was going to be back and I was so sad, now knowing that I will be returning helps me better relax during my vacation.

OMG! I have that same little magnetic Figment --along with sorcerer Mickey and Christmas Stitch clamped onto the lamp on my computer desk. :rotfl:

When you have little ones at Disney, you really need to follow their lead if you don't want to have meltdowns. Time will come when they are older and things will be different. Each stage has it's own hi-lights.

What a great trip--can't wait to read more and see some more pictures.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your sushi at Kona. Maybe one day I will get over there and try the place out myself. I love Jackson picking Minnie's nose! :rotfl: One day the kids will eat better for you....I have faith!

How in the world did you get Lucas to put that MM hat on? Did you tell him he could not play with toys until he did? ;) It really is a cute picture!

You pics of the beach make me miss home. :(

Sorry that your plans in Epcot did not pan out the way you wanted but, it still seems the morning went well. March will be here before you know it and then you can stray past Future World. :goodvibes

I'm so in love with the Dumbo ornament. I think it's my favorite from the past few years. I'm fearful that one day my DH is going to look at me and say that we can't fit them all on the tree. That will be a sad day but I'll still find a way to make them all fit.

You just need another tree for another room! :thumbsup2

Minnie getting a nose picking that she wasn't expecting. :)

Too cute!

So I did what I normally would not do but have realized works great when you want to have a nice dinner on vacation with a 2 year old. I gave him the iPhone and loaded up Dumbo and he was in heaven.

God i hope we will be able to distract DD like this during our trip, ATM she's not really interested in TV or movies...

Love it! :rotfl:

Sometimes you just gotta follow little ones' leads, or everyone ends up miserable. Sounds like a good morning, even if you didn't do everything you'd planned.

It nice knowing you are going back so if you miss something you know its okay. I am glad that missing the WS wasn't to much of a disappointment for you!

It does bring comfort. The trip in March isn't set in stone yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I need 30 seniors for the trip to make and as of now I have 21. I think we'll get enough though. The only down side is that I can't enjoy a drink in WS since I'm a chaperone. Oh well. Still worth it.

I remember the first time I went to Disney as an adult the last day there I did not know when I was going to be back and I was so sad, now knowing that I will be returning helps me better relax during my vacation.

I've been at least once every year since 2002. If that record ever breaks I may break as well. What is great is that it's always been cheap. My uncle used to work at Citricos at the Grand Floridian and we'd stay with him and get in free and now with the school trip I get one day at US and two days at WDW including food, lodging, travel and tickets for about $125. I'm truly blessed! This recent trip is the first I've ever really paid for.

OMG! I have that same little magnetic Figment --along with sorcerer Mickey and Christmas Stitch clamped onto the lamp on my computer desk. :rotfl:

Ooooh, now I want a sorcerer Mickey too!

When you have little ones at Disney, you really need to follow their lead if you don't want to have meltdowns. Time will come when they are older and things will be different. Each stage has it's own hi-lights.

I completely agree! I can't wait until they are older but I'm enjoying every minute of the young stage as well. I think our next family trip when they are 8 and 5 is going to be beyond perfect.

What a great trip--can't wait to read more and see some more pictures.

There are tons coming up in the next post!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your sushi at Kona. Maybe one day I will get over there and try the place out myself. I love Jackson picking Minnie's nose! :rotfl: One day the kids will eat better for you....I have faith!

I'm glad you have faith. I wonder sometimes if they'll ever eat.

How in the world did you get Lucas to put that MM hat on? Did you tell him he could not play with toys until he did? ;) It really is a cute picture!

Haha! It took a bit of convincing but not too much. He was on board to do whatever I wanted on the trip, I think.

You pics of the beach make me miss home. :(

I miss it already too.

Sorry that your plans in Epcot did not pan out the way you wanted but, it still seems the morning went well. March will be here before you know it and then you can stray past Future World. :goodvibes

And you can be with me! It really was still a fun morning and it's about to get A LOT better!!!

Enjoying your report! Made a note about that sushi - yum!

It really was SO good! I want some now!

You just need another tree for another room! :thumbsup2

That's what I tell my DH every Christmas. We need a bigger house that can hold another tree first though.

Too cute!

God i hope we will be able to distract DD like this during our trip, ATM she's not really interested in TV or movies...

I felt guilty about it at first but I'll now do anything I can to enjoy a meal. I hope it works for her.

Love it! :rotfl:

Thanks!

That's too bad about missing out on Test Track!

I feel like your report is giving me a little glimpse into my future...when we went in February DS was only 9 months, and happy to do whatever we were doing. At almost 15 months now, he's starting to have very distinct ideas of what he does (and does not!) want to do. I need to prepare myself for this for our upcoming cruise.

I took my 3 year old niece on Nemo twice in a row, and then a third time later that day. She would have liked to ride it in a continuous loop as well!

So I wish I could truly explain how much I've been waiting in anticipation for this post!! This is the time in which the MAGIC really kicked in on our trip. That is not to say we weren't having a great time already but this is when it REALLY got good!

Yesterday I finished by noting that we were all back at the resort and napping. DH and I played some cards while the boys were napping. We let them sleep until about 2:45 because we needed to be at DHS by 4:00. I'll explain the 4:00 deadline in a minute.

So we get the boys up and allow them to fully wake. We pack up our stuff and get ready to go and just before we walk out the door...it happens. DS2 FINALLY started to have a good poo!! Sorry if that is TMI. :blush: Up until this point he had a couple small attempts but nothing substantial enough to make a difference in his demeanor. But this was it, yet we were on a time crunch. So we decided to give him the time to do his thing because a happy kid was most important. I honestly don't believe there are enough banana dancers to express my excitement at this point. But here are a few! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

DS2 finally finished and was ready to go by 3:40. I thought for sure that we were going to miss our 4:00 deadline. We drove to DHS as quickly (and safely) as possible. Once out of the car we were close enough to walk instead of taking the tram. It was 3:50 when we got up to the bag check line. It was at this point that I looked at DH and decided to make a run for it. Being the seasoned vet that I am I knew where I needed to go and he didn't. So I gave him my bag and left him to get the boys through the line. I found a short ticket line and was in within a minute. I then ran down Hollywood Blvd, not a brisk walk, not a jog, but a full on run. What could I be running for?

Wait

for

it...

BUTTERFINGER CUPCAKE from Starring Rolls Cafe!!!! They closed at 4:00 and we would not be returning to DHS on this trip. My DH is a Butterfinger crazed man! He must have them every year in his stocking at Christmas and it is by far his favorite candy bar. I showed him a picture of the cupcake online back in November and we were determined to get him one from that point on.

Now, I'm not much of a chocolate cake lover so I didn't eat any of the cupcake but I did taste the frosting and Butterfinger crunch topping and it was delicious. I turned around after taking the photos of the cupcake and within 5 minutes my DH had DEVOURED the entire thing! He loved it and it was so worth the sweat on my brow from my run.

After our snack break we headed over to Disney Jr. Live. We had a 4:30 FP (which was really unnecessary to have) and couldn't wait to see the show. Brody and Jackson both love Jake and couldn't wait to see him.

Both of the boys loved the show. DS5 still talks about it to this day. I need to take a moment at this point to say how AMAZING the change was in DS2. It was like we had a different child with us on the trip for the rest of our vacation!

Gotta go and cut this chapter a little shorter than I wanted to but both boys just got up from their nap and I've got to get off the computer and tend to them now.

UP NEXT: Tons of pictures and we finally have a meeting with a special mouse!

"After our snack break we headed over to Disney Jr. Live. We had a 4:30 FP (which was really unnecessary to have) and couldn't wait to see the show. Brody and Jackson both love Jake and couldn't wait to see him. "

When you say that the FP was not needed, is it because it didn't help with wait time or seating preferences? My son who is 3 loves disney jr. He also happens to be visually impaired. He has some sight, but would need to be as close as possible to get anything out of he show. We are going in April and I was thinking of FPing the show so we could get good seating...advice??

Gotta love a good pooh: ohhh wrong one! ;) Seriously though, that can change a persons whole demeanor. Glad he finally got there.

I am not hungry at all but, I would absolutely love a bite of that cupcake! Dang it looks good!

Disney Jr.....I have not been there in years. I am sure they had a blast.

Just found your trip report and am totally loving it. We are taking our 2.5 year old son in Sept. for his first ever trip and I love any chance to read about someone else's experience with a toddler. My son isn't a big eater either so I'm glad to see that it didn't effect your trip too much. Can't wait to read how the rest of your trip went.

Yay for the littlest finally going to potty! Only a parent can truly appreciate the happiness that a good poop can bring. :lmao: Seriously, the poor thing wasn't feeling good thus the difference in his demeanor/attitude.

You are a good wife running to get the cupcake for your husband. I'm sure that he appreciated it immensely.

Aww, the boys were loving the show!

Slowly catching up (we went to Vegas for a long weekend).

The pool time pictures look like great fun, as do your pictures on your vacation to the beach.

I'm glad yougest DS finally had that anticipated moment and was feeling better. I'm sure that was a huge relief for him.

So glad you enjoyed your dinner at Kona. It was by far our favorite meal of the girls trip.

Bummer about Test Track and the bathroom. :(

That cupcake is huge (they all are there!), and so glad you got there for your hubby to get it for him.

I'm glad the boys enjoyed the show at Playhouse Disney.

"After our snack break we headed over to Disney Jr. Live. We had a 4:30 FP (which was really unnecessary to have) and couldn't wait to see the show. Brody and Jackson both love Jake and couldn't wait to see him. "

When you say that the FP was not needed, is it because it didn't help with wait time or seating preferences? My son who is 3 loves disney jr. He also happens to be visually impaired. He has some sight, but would need to be as close as possible to get anything out of he show. We are going in April and I was thinking of FPing the show so we could get good seating...advice??

The FP allowed us access into the theater first. We were able to get in the front row, however this was a disadvantage for us because the stage is so high that the boys kept wanting to stand to see the puppets but that would of made them stand in other people's way. They were only allowed to stand during certain parts of the show. Given your son's visual impairment, I don't really know which scenario will be best, too close takes away the ability to see the puppets but far back will be possibly be difficult as well. My advice would be to speak to a cast member once in line and see what their suggestion is. Sorry I cannot be of more help. I hope you are able to figure out a solution that works.

Gotta love a good pooh: ohhh wrong one! ;) Seriously though, that can change a persons whole demeanor. Glad he finally got there.

Me too!!

I am not hungry at all but, I would absolutely love a bite of that cupcake! Dang it looks good!

It was VERY rich.

Disney Jr.....I have not been there in years. I am sure they had a blast.

They loved it. Brody of course wouldn't dance but Jackson did.

Just found your trip report and am totally loving it. We are taking our 2.5 year old son in Sept. for his first ever trip and I love any chance to read about someone else's experience with a toddler. My son isn't a big eater either so I'm glad to see that it didn't effect your trip too much. Can't wait to read how the rest of your trip went.

:welcome: Glad to have you along! The best advice I can give is to be sure to follow his lead and not to push him into doing something if he's not in the mood. When we did that, we had the best times. When it comes to food we just let him snack when he was hungry. He just wouldn't eat a full meal.

Yay for the littlest finally going to potty! Only a parent can truly appreciate the happiness that a good poop can bring. :lmao: Seriously, the poor thing wasn't feeling good thus the difference in his demeanor/attitude.

It was like night and day. I was so excited! We now have him on a regular dosage of stool softener. :goodvibes

You are a good wife running to get the cupcake for your husband. I'm sure that he appreciated it immensely.

He really did. It will most certainly be a staple dessert on every trip for him. However, I hope to not have to sprint for it again. I'm not much of a runner.

Aww, the boys were loving the show!

They really did! Next time we go they'll be 5 and 8 and probably not really interested in it. It was nice to do it now at the perfect ages.

Slowly catching up (we went to Vegas for a long weekend).

I saw that you went. I hope it was fun. I've always wanted to go but have never made it out there. My DH has no desire to go so unless I get a cheap girls trip together one year it probably won't happen.

The pool time pictures look like great fun, as do your pictures on your vacation to the beach.

It was so nice. I wish I was at either of them right now. I have 10 more days though until I have to go back to work so I'm going to soak up as much summer as I can. Brody's best friend, Bryson, is going on his first Disney trip in 3 weeks. I'm meeting with his mom to help her plan so that's helping to fill a void as well.

I'm glad youngest DS finally had that anticipated moment and was feeling better. I'm sure that was a huge relief for him.

We were all better off afterwards. Everything just gets better from here on out. Up until this time I was somewhat questioning if we made the right decision to bring him but the magic that came after made every bump in the road before worth it.

So glad you enjoyed your dinner at Kona. It was by far our favorite meal of the girls trip.

I can't wait to eat there again!

Bummer about Test Track and the bathroom. :(

We'll get to do it again as a full family next time. And we'll be sure that everyone pees first!

That cupcake is huge (they all are there!), and so glad you got there for your hubby to get it for him.

I couldn't believe he ate the whole thing...and so fast too! There was no way I was going to let him miss out on it. Disney isn't his favorite place (yet) so I need everything I can to continue to make him want to go back.

I'm glad the boys enjoyed the show at Playhouse Disney.

Me too!! It was a really cute show.

After we finished Disney Jr. Live it was about 5:00. Our next FP was for Toy Story but it wasn't until 6:30 so we had some time to kill. I had planned on us eating an early dinner at this point but DH was not the least bit hungry after that huge cupcake and the rest of us were fine. We decided to take a chance and try our hand at meeting characters again. Our Crystal Palace meeting with Pooh had gone better than expected so we were hoping for the same results.

Jake was not out meeting kids at the time so we decided to head back to meet Mr. Incredible. Both boys LOVE the Incredibles! (I so wish they'd make a sequel to the movie.) We walked in and there was quite a line for Mr. Incredible, who also had Frozone with him. As we approached, we saw the line and knew the boys wouldn't be up to waiting that long. Then we looked to the left and saw him...MICKEY!!! I wish I had a picture of Brody's face lighting up when he saw him. It can almost bring me to tears now thinking about it. Mickey's line was much more manageable for some reason. We knew that Jackson, although in a fantastic mood, was not going to stand still in the line when there were computers around to play with and so many things going on. Brody and I got in line and DH and Jackson went to play. Once someone stepped in line behind us, I made sure to ask them if they minded that my husband and youngest were off playing but wanted to come back to be in the pictures and they were completely understanding. :goodvibes

We were in line about 10 minutes and then it was finally our turn. I think the pictures can pretty much speak for themselves here.

Brody still wouldn't do anything unless I held him...but whatever works!

I can't get over how awesome that first meeting with Mickey was! We'll get to meet him again before the trip is over. :)

After we finished up with Mickey we left the building and there was a little courtyard the the boys wanted to play in. We figured, "why not" and took their lead. It was during this time that it suddenly clicked with me. Both boys were happy and in great moods, we were all having a great time, and everything was perfect. I turned to my DH and said "This is it...do you feel it?" and he just looked at me a little confused. I then said, "This is what it's all supposed to feel like. Complete bliss. Magic." He then smiled at me and said, "Yeah, I know what you mean. I get it." (Now mind you he'll never admit to anyone else that he openly said he felt the magic, but he did and he did it for me, and that's why I love him! :hug:)

We still had a bit of time before our FP and since the boys were having so much fun playing I thought we'd show them a real place for them to run and play and have some fun. We headed over to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area and they had a blast! I must admit I lost Jackson twice but only for a second. That kid moves through those tunnels fast!

I can do it by myself!!!!

I find it funny that they are sliding down a big roll of film and yet my boys will probably never know what that is. :rotfl:

He may go through tunnels fast but he was the slowest kid on a slide ever!

I LOVE this picture! Even when he fell he was still so happy!

**continued in next post**

After we finished playing, it was finally time for our TSMM FP. Brody was so excited to ride this a second time. The first time he refused to wear his 3D glasses but was very excited about it this time. :3dglasses

Look...he's eating!!! It's only pretzels but at least it's something!

I rode with Jackson this time who got an AMAZING score of 100!!! He was just happy to see Woody and the gang!

After TSMM we decided it was time to eat. I already knew exactly where I wanted to go...Pizza Planet! I know that it gets mixed reviews but for some reason I have always loved Disney's assembly line personal pizza. I could eat it every day! I didn't take a picture of the pizza but I did get a picture of our dessert...another cupcake!

It was a strawberry and cream cupcake that just looked too beautiful to pass up. I had no room for it by the time I finished my pizza and salad. DH ate half of it but said it just didn't compare to his earlier cupcake. I tasted it and thought it was just ok. I'm not a big strawberry cake fan though.

Our last FP for the day was for Tower of Terror at 7:30. I was hoping that DS5 would be up for riding it but he continually said it was too scary and I wasn't going to push it. It's my favorite ride and I don't want to scare him off of it for the future. During our short wait for TSMM I changed DHs and DS5s FPs to Star Tours since they enjoyed it so much the first time. I kept my ToT one in the hopes that maybe I'd ride it. After eating they went off to ride Star Tours and Jackson and I stayed behind. He was happy watching cartoons on the iPhone at the moment and just relaxing and I took the time to people watch...always a good activity at Disney.

The boys were gone for about 30 minutes and returned with more Star Wars souvenirs. Sorry for the lack of pictures but once again DH took none while he was away. By this time it was about 8:00 and we realized we should get out while we were ahead. As we were leaving the park Brody saw ToT ahead and said "Mommy, there's your favorite ride!" As much as I wanted to ride it I knew that it would take at least 30 minutes to get through the line, even with a FP so I chose not to. Brody had been wanting to do a night swim at the pool so this was going to be the perfect night for him to do that.

We were heading back right as a tram pulled up. We were close enough to walk but the boys loved the tram so we decided to take a ride. You can see they were still in great spirits!

When we got back to the hotel, I put Jackson to bed and DH and Brody went for a quick swim. Upon their return we all snuggled in our beds after a magical evening and were ready for what tomorrow would hold for us!

UP NEXT: It keeps getting better as we celebrate Brody's 5th Birthday at the MK!!!

What a wonderful evening! And I was getting teary-eyed as you described the "getting it" with the magic. You can see everyone was having a good time. I love the pictures at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids and the pictures with Mickey are priceless.

The only thing I question is your judgment on Pizza Planet! Seriously I don't know how anyone can eat pizza at Disney or in Florida for that matter. :lmao::lmao:

I can't wait to hear how the next day goes.

KatMark said:
What a wonderful evening! And I was getting teary-eyed as you described the "getting it" with the magic. You can see everyone was having a good time. I love the pictures at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids and the pictures with Mickey are priceless.

The only thing I question is your judgment on Pizza Planet! Seriously I don't know how anyone can eat pizza at Disney or in Florida for that matter. :lmao::lmao:

I can't wait to hear how the next day goes.

No dissing Pizza Planet. We loved it last year and it is only one of two that are a repeat this year. We hate Disneyland's Pizza Port. Now that is bad pizza.

Sounds like an absolutely beautiful evening! Good dinner, good character interaction, good rides -- just a magical evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter