Tables at Coral Reef

AdandO

Earning My Ears
Is there any chance for a party of 6 to be seated next to the aquarium or would we be relegated to one of the booths away from the water? Thanks!

Every time I've eaten there, the largest I've seen seated by the aquariums were parties of Four or less, I am not certain of they've had exceptions to this or not. I'm curious, if you need to mention with your AR that you would like a seat near the tank, to be certain of a seat there? :confused3

All of the tables have views of the aquarium. I've not seen a party of six seated together right at the aquarium as they're 4 tops.

You'd have to split the party up to do that.

I'm curious, if you need to mention with your AR that you would like a seat near the tank, to be certain of a seat there? :confused3

Nope sorry, tables are assigned when you arrive at the podium in all of the restaurants. You will get the next table available for your party size. You are of course, welcome to ask to sit in a certain section BUT we will need to wait until a table becomes available and that could be quite a wait in certain places!

We actually prefer to be one tier up from the tanks. In our opinion that makes for the best view. Right up next to it you can only see what's right in front of you. We have been seated in the very back tier before, and while it does definitely make for a different experience, it's pretty cool back there, too.

I agree that only 4 max can sit right by the tanks, and that they will definitely let you wait for the table you want otherwise. Sometimes it's a long wait there later in the day as it is, so I would just take what they give me. We really, really like Coral Reef!!

We were a party of 7 and we were seated on the lower level and right across from the tanks, we had a great view.

Here is a pic, not the best pic but shows our view. We were across the aisle from the ones at the tank.

That is really great to know, about requesting a table by the tank. Taking my BF to Disney for his first time in March and he saw the pics of Coral Reef and got so excited ;) Thanks!

If you are a party of two, do they seat you at a 4 top, or do they have smaller tables for just two people?

TIA,

KCpirate:

We are a party of 2 and are almost always seated at the tank. As mentioned only parties of 4 or less are seated there. When we are seated there they pull the 4 table apart and seat two parties of two there. You are very close to you neighbors then and there is no privacy. We never ask for that location, but get it about 80% of the time.

We are a party of 8. They sat us in a booth on the first level and we had a wonderful view.

If you are a party of two, do they seat you at a 4 top, or do they have smaller tables for just two people?

TIA,

KCpirate:

Been several times as two and seated by glass. If you look in picture above it appears the couple in the forefront of photo are not with the couple with the lady with the camera. They just pull the tables about a foot apart.

One drawback to an upfront table is that often other diners will let their kids run loose in the restaurant and they will come up right next to you and stand there watching the fish, etc,

Very annoying and it happened to us 2x--so when we do go to Coral reef we ask NOT to be seated right up front:)

How long should we plan on dinner at Coral Reef? I was able to snag an ADR around 7:30.. Enough time to eat and get a spot for illuminations? Or am I cutting it close?

We had a party of 8 and were seated in two booths side-by-side directly in front of the aquarium. We were the latest reservation and no one sat at the row of tables in front of us. We had a great view!

I'm a Party of 1, and hoping for a little pixie dust to get me right next to the aquarium! Traveling solo, with nobody to talk with, I would really really enjoy the company of the fishies during my meal! :goodvibes

How long should we plan on dinner at Coral Reef? I was able to snag an ADR around 7:30.. Enough time to eat and get a spot for illuminations? Or am I cutting it close?

Dinner probably an hour and a half--assuming you get seated on time.

You can speed it up by no drinks, no apps, no dessert--but then that's not much of a dinner.

We are a party of 2 and are almost always seated at the tank. As mentioned only parties of 4 or less are seated there. When we are seated there they pull the 4 table apart and seat two parties of two there. You are very close to you neighbors then and there is no privacy. We never ask for that location, but get it about 80% of the time.

Yep! Same for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter