Surprise Disney Trip for DS 10th Birthday Can we Make it Happen?

starnightstarsky2000

Mouseketeer
Hey Everyone Dani Marshall here,
Well I am starting this as a pre-trip report for our son's 10th Birthday Trip that we are going to try to make happen.:wizard:
See we just brought a house in June but then Disney had to go and send me a pin that would allow us to do Disney Oct 31-Nov 5 which means MNSSHP, Son Birthday, International Wine and Food Fest so I say lets try and do this trip. :banana:
So that's where we are at currently. Thankfully I stocked up on trading pins back in March so 200 of those now to just come up with $800 in the next two months....Can we do it I THINK so..Care to join us on this pre-trip as we try to make this surprise dream trip happen...Shhh don't tell DS okay???:rotfl:

I would love to hear all about the big reveal. We are suprising our two youngest with a trip right before Christmas.

Have fun planning and keep that secret. It will be worth it in the end!!

Trish

OMG I could never make it to Christmas...I'm sure your kiddies will love it too.:lovestruc

The plan for the great reveal is at his early 10th birthday party on 10/30 (which he would expect since he will want his friends to be able to come) I will hand him a gift that will be our reservation confirmation envelope all wrapped up so when he unwraps it and open's the seemly innocence clothes box THERE will be That Super Large White Envelope and I can already image the screaming : that will occur when he reads it and realizes that we are flying to Disney World the next day :banana: And that he will get to celebrate his 10th birthday at Disney world. :cool1:. No worries hubby will have the camera going on DS the entire time. I can't wait to see the pics priceless...:goodvibes

Joining in. I **tried** to suprise DD with our Mother/Daughter trip in Nov, but I just couldn't do it. This trip I'm determined to not tell the kids as long as I can hold out :)

Chelley,
I can understand it is going to be a consist fight to keep from telling him I have no idea how I am going to keep from telling him :confused3 But somehow with plenty of pixiedust: we will be able too. :thumbsup2

Dani, We did something similar to our oldest son when he turned 12. We suprised him and his best friend with a trip to Universal for 5 days! We held his birthday party a couple of days early and in a new backpack for school stuffed with school supplies (he was not happy about that gift...:rotfl:) we stuck an envelope for each of the boys that had brochures and their plane ticket inside. When they realized that we were leaving at 3am the next morning they screamed like a couple of girls!!:rotfl2::lmao: It was AWESOME...and the pictures are priceless.

Keeping the secret is hard, but it is so worth it!!

Trish

I'm here too, Dani!! Got ya covered on the pay it forward card!

Leisa,
Thanks for being willing to send Patrick that birthday card from the World..now just have to make sure he doesn't get the mail...

Okay ladies I need some help here,
My husband has informed me that it is cheaper to flight both in and out of the world on Sat (by a couple of hundred dollars) here is the problem though...our current reservation is for Oct 31-Nov 5..so to add the Saturdays on both sides we are talking about adding $330 to our trip plus rather then just upgrading a 1 day ticket to a 4 day ticket
Now we are doing it to a 6 day ticket..which does anyone know what it will cost to update a 1 base day ticket to a 4 or 6 day PH ticket for 2 adults and 1 child?

Well got all bills done went and got the mail and discovered a check from our apt that is for $240, and we got (1) of our (2) $100 vista cards from joining AT&T (YEA Disney Money) plus discovered we have an extra $200 (YEA $500 for DISNEY YEA) so called to today and changed our trip to Oct 30-Nov 6 it brought our trip total up to 1359 rather then 1029 but with flight being 530 (rather then 730) that is only 130 more then it would have been to fly in Sun and Out Fri and we got two more days at the world....So in other words our trip planning is going great and Patrick has no idea.....

Now we just need to get flights nailed down and if we want to do MNSSHP again. Your going to prove me wrong about not being able to do Disney again this year with buying a house aren't you. Oh well I've been wrong about worse things in my life.

Now we just need to get flights nailed down and if we want to do MNSSHP again. Your going to prove me wrong about not being able to do Disney again this year with buying a house aren't you. Oh well I've been wrong about worse things in my life.

Yep just remember you have to :worship: me for my being right :lmao:

Of course I LIVE to prove you wrong :rotfl: Nan not really but I REALLY can't wait to see our son's face when he opens his "clothes box" and discovers it is really tickets to Disney LOL it will be PRICELESS!!!! :rotfl2::cool1::lmao::rotfl:

We so will need to have everyone who has camera both video and reg standing by its going to be a blast!!! And with it being cooler Ohhh I am sooo excited another wonderful vacation at Disney World HERE we COME!!!!:wizard:

Also second $100 vista card showed up YEA YEA :woohoo:banana:

Congrats on finding the extra cashola for your trip! And it's ALWAYS, ALWAYS better to finagle extra days out of a trip- ALWAYS! :lmao:

Well we just purchased our tickets through Southwest airlines got $79 each way direct to Orlando. :banana: Guess we are going to have to make this trip work somehow. :cool1:

Well we just purchased our tickets through Southwest airlines got $79 each way direct to Orlando. :banana: Guess we are going to have to make this trip work somehow. :cool1:

Oh ye of little faith just keep working and watch me make this Disney Trip happen....in just a minute am going to call Disney and put another $200 toward it. Then we have our big garage sale this weekend should be good for AT LEAST a $200 if not more (we have two garage's full LOL the only GOOD thing about moving getting rid of everything you don't need.
:rolleyes::hug:

So its day 1 of the garage sale for Money for Disney and well cause I wanna get rid of stuff that for some reason or other we have been carry around for the last 5-10 years THAT we don't use and discovered as we were going through boxes we DIDN'T even know we had. The only sad point is that so far we haven't found the 200 pins we brought on ebay back in March and since it was with them we haven't found my Tink Pin Foam Book either...ggrrrr but I am sure they will turn up SOMEWHERE just WISH we knew where. So everyone out there keep your fingers crossed that this turns into a GREAT garage sale and that we get a lot of cash for Disney...and make our :wishgoal

Good luck, Dani! Hope you make LOTS of Disney cashola~!!

Liesa,
Thank you so far Travis hasn't sold much but well it has been raining off and on plus I figure we will get hit tomorrow morning since Sat really is the garage sale day. At least i am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be :) Just need some pixiedust:...

Garage Sale was GREAT it brought in $228 already and we still have a few large items (crib, remote control flyer plane that has never been out of the box) that are posted on Craiglist.

Now onto the 200 pins we purchased for Disney back in March, well between the garage sale and me I had cleaned out the whole garage and STILL NO PINS :mad: :confused3 the only thing left out there was a trash bag that had a sleeping bag my son had gotten from a friend right before we had moved. Well I grabbed the bag to move it and IT JINGLED:eek::confused3 "WHY would a sleeping bag JINGLE???" So I run upstairs with it and Travis is just waking up from a nap when I turn the bag over next to him and shake really hard....and if you guessed a sleepy bag and 200 pins and a Dani Tink Pin book you would be correct. so YEA the PINS are FOUND:banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1:

so we are back on :cloud9: and since we are now down ALMOST half of what we owe Disney and still have 40 days we THINK we can come up with the other half...Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!

Joining in!! Glad to hear those pins have been found! I would have cried. Hopefully the cashola is working out well too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter