Super Inconvenient, Barely Entertaining! Sept 27-Oct 5th Completed

followed along on your food report and enjoyed how much detail you shared.

I noticed a few times (empanada included) that your DW did have gluten, did that have any effect on her? Sorry if I cross any lines but I found it a little odd you had to be totally in charge of food since I would think she would probably want a bigger say in the restaurants with her restrictions. if my husband booked all of this, planned everything with us in mind, and booked me five massages (WOW!) he would win husband of the decade in my eyes.

So happy to hear that despite bumps and bruises the overall take away was positive and that a return trip is in the works. The magic of Disney eh?

The magic of Disney indeed. With the empanada that was a total fail. She took one bite and it dripped on her shoes, which caused said purchase to go in the trash. On our first full day she had a croissant which gave her trouble. But she mostly avoided gluten after that and was fine. We suspect it is more of an intolerance than an allergy. She has been tested but it wasn't the highest cause of distress for her, and some things give her loads of problems that didn't show on the allergy test. Maybe she is just weird? Thank you, she never really wanted to go, so I wanted to make the trip something she would enjoy. As far as restaurant planning, I really don't think most non-disers get this. They figure "When hungry, eat." I did run all the restaurants by her, but that mostly caused her eyes to glaze and roll back in her head.

you are a wonderful writer and this TR was a treat - thank you!

Thank you! Honestly, a big part of any trip to WDW is this community! I enjoy the planning and the collecting of thoughts to share on here. It wouldn't be the same without these boards!

Glad it turned out to be a success in the end and that your family wants to go back! Good luck with your new job in Italy :)

Thank you, my orders came today and now the clock is ticking! So. Much. To. Do.

Just read your whole report and I really admire how flexible and considerate you were of your family and willing to give up plans to make them happy because this is basically me on every Disney trip:

giphy.gif

:rotfl2:

I hope your next trip has cooler weather so your family can experience even more of the parks!

Congratulations on your new gig! Living in Italy sounds amazing!

Thank you! That is awesome and believe me, that thought DID cross my mind. When you buy tickets, airfare and everything else, it does seem like you should be maxing everything out. I had to make a business decision on this trip. I could do that, and me and my daughter would really do up the parks, while my wife did something else and we would never return, or I could adjust on the fly and try and keep us all on the same page, adjusting our plans on the go. Believe me, I debated often what the best course was going to be, because there was no guarantee my DW wasn't still going to pull the plug. But once she got on board I threaded that needle and we had a fun time, even though we certainly didn't maximize anything. Well, maybe I maximized the breakfast buffet...

I totally enjoyed your trip report. I have to say, in my experience, some trips seem to go perfectly and some don't so much. Still better than being at work!

We have gone to WDW at the end of August a couple of times - against our better judgment - because of a great deal. But never again. Last time, in 2018, it was hotter than the hammered down hinges of hell. And we live in Georgia, and are fairly used to the heat and humidity! :faint:

Best of luck with your move!

I enjoyed your trip report. I am so impressed with you thoughtfulness of your wife, and your patience. She must really be good to you at home, because you sure were good to her on this trip. WOW!!
I hope your Italy move turns out well, and what you are looking for. Is that where your wife is from? How long will you be there, do you know yet?
Early Nov can still be quite warm, you might want to look at late Nov for your next trip.
I read your dining report first, and thought, didn't he read the menus or see all the millions of pictures to know what to expect better. I am glad I read your trip report, because it give a more rounded picture, and shows how much you really made this a loving trip for your family. Best of wishes for you and your family.

I totally enjoyed your trip report. I have to say, in my experience, some trips seem to go perfectly and some don't so much. Still better than being at work!

We have gone to WDW at the end of August a couple of times - against our better judgment - because of a great deal. But never again. Last time, in 2018, it was hotter than the hammered down hinges of hell. And we live in Georgia, and are fairly used to the heat and humidity! :faint:

Best of luck with your move!

Thank you! I have been in early July and Mid Sep, both were hot as heck. I really wasn't expecting Mid to high 90's when we went though. It was brutal.

I enjoyed your trip report. I am so impressed with you thoughtfulness of your wife, and your patience. She must really be good to you at home, because you sure were good to her on this trip. WOW!!
I hope your Italy move turns out well, and what you are looking for. Is that where your wife is from? How long will you be there, do you know yet?
Early Nov can still be quite warm, you might want to look at late Nov for your next trip.
I read your dining report first, and thought, didn't he read the menus or see all the millions of pictures to know what to expect better. I am glad I read your trip report, because it give a more rounded picture, and shows how much you really made this a loving trip for your family. Best of wishes for you and your family.

Thank you! As for Italy it's initially for three years and hopefully things will go well and i'll get a 2 year extension on top of that. My wife is from Greece but has never been to Italy. Also another peculiarity that she can not take the heat coming from such a hot climate, yet me, a Midwesterner handle it ok. I don't love it, but I adjust.

I really set out to make her a fan of WDW. It is my favorite place on the planet and I had one chance to make that impression. When I dragged her to Paris Disney that was a bust, so I didn't want to repeat that.

Yeah, I have been tracking the early November weather and there were some mid 80 degree days. But later in the month you get the crowds. I won't really know if I need to adjust anyway since I am going to a new job and will have to get that time off from a new supervisor, so well see if my idea works or I will have to adjust it later.

Glad that the the overall vacation was a success! And the resort turned out to be such a hit, especially important I think when heat is brutal. Or even if crowds are horrendous and you need to retreat and recharge.
And Italy- wow and congrats! And hope the move goes smoothly!
We are planning France trip in May, and of course a couple days at Disneyland Paris. We’ve never been so looking forward to that- from reports the park has really done some major refurbs with more planned- maybe you will be able to talk family into returning to that in a couple years?

Of all the months to visit Disney May and November are my faves. Weather is usually great!

Glad that the the overall vacation was a success! And the resort turned out to be such a hit, especially important I think when heat is brutal. Or even if crowds are horrendous and you need to retreat and recharge.
And Italy- wow and congrats! And hope the move goes smoothly!
We are planning France trip in May, and of course a couple days at Disneyland Paris. We’ve never been so looking forward to that- from reports the park has really done some major refurbs with more planned- maybe you will be able to talk family into returning to that in a couple years?

Of all the months to visit Disney May and November are my faves. Weather is usually great!

I've been to Paris Disney a few times and even had an annual pass at one point. But, its just a park. Also, and this I find unforgivable, the food is pretty bad there, except for Earl of Sandwich. Add to that there are a bunch of line cutters and smokers and I have even heard CM's drop the F-bomb here, so, yeah, no rush to get back.

Thanks for sharing - one of my favourite trip reports ever :)

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter