Suggestions on good ways to carry room keys and passes at the parks?

whozit

Mouseketeer
What are some good ways to carry your room key and passes so they are secure, yet convenient to charge items and to use on FastPass? I'd really like to avoid rummaging through my backpack or fanny pack each time I need to use them.

There are several types of lanyards you can purchase which have a place to keep these items. If you are using the American Express card during your stay on Disney property, you will be given a free AmEx lanyard pack (2) when you check in. You can keep your cards/passes in there.

Lisa:cool:

I use a pin lanyard with a pouch from Candlelight Processional from a few years ago. Really nice. I keep my id, room key, GAC, credit card and annual pass in it.

I picked up at a ski shop a waterproof "pouch necklace" that I put my passes, credit card and money in. I slip in under my shirt and no one knows its there but me ! Has worked out great for many disney trips ! And since its waterproof you dont have to worry on the wet rides !

Lanyards are great. We always take fanny packs. They hold emergency band-aids and boo-boo medicine, cheap rain poncho, cash, credit cards and ID's, lip balm, mole skin, AP's, socks and if we remember, a washclothe.

I found that the water wallet I got for the waterparks worked great in the evenings when I returned to the park. There was enough room for all 4 of our passes, the room key, DC card, and a few bandaids, tylenol, and moleskin. I had a huge fallypack, but in the evenings I didn't think it was worth the hassle.;)

Originally posted by whozit
What are some good ways to carry your room key and passes so they are secure, yet convenient to charge items and to use on FastPass? I'd really like to avoid rummaging through my backpack or fanny pack each time I need to use them.

We use small waistpacks. We carry our hotel room key, park passes, charge card and photo id in one of the pouches and small personal items in the other pouch. Very convenient.

My Pockets!;) Right one I have a small credit card holder that keeps money, credit card, and room key card, pass. Left pocket is for lipstick & extra film!:D

If by waterwallet Patsal means the hard plastic small waterproof container with the hinged top that you buy at the water parks I fully agree. mine has Mckeys face on it and theres room for credit cards, travellers checks, passes and car keys! I wear it around my neck as I park hop and never worry ;)

We tend to use fannypacks/bum bags. I would suggest that you put your room key in a wallet which you could keep safely in a deep front pocket. If you have separate passes (AP like us) then why not nominate one (sensible) person to hold them all in his/her pouch/bag and that way not everyone has the responsibility of them. Chances are they won't go missing!

Works for us anyway!:bounce:

I have a very nice coleman waist pack that has a front section that zips open with wallet compartments. All my cards go there. The other zipper opens to the larger compartment, where I keep my poncho, wipes, etc.

I tried the lanyard and I really couldn't stand having that thing around my neck all day (especially in the heat).

I usually wear a lanyard around my neck that has a little clear pouch and carry them in there.. or a small pocketbook, but then you have to go through a security check..

I have seen people put them in these little things that can be worn around their neck. This is awful but I always give my to my DH to keep up with! I don't carry a thing with me in the parks. We also don't take our good camera except for the last day in the parks. We get a small disposable that can fit in a pocket to use for the majority of our pictures. They turn out pretty good!

We usually keep our room keys in our pockets. FPs go in the fanny pack, since we only have to get them out once.

I carry mine on a lanyard around my neck, along with my ID's and other small things.

We use the holders you get for business cards. The free ones we get that come with a big order of business cards for us are always plastic, so as long as you don't soak them in water they seem to work okay. We like them because they are small and easy to fit in the pocket. We also keep our room keys and ID's in them.

Really! FLH's are card-sized ziplocs available just about anywhere that fishing gear is sold. They usually have a pin for fastening them or a hole for running a cord. Either one with keep it handy.

I also got something in the auto-accessories aisle that I like; it's a mesh bag ~ 5" x 7" with a heavy ziploc liner. It zips closed and has a safety hook that can be latched to your belt loop. A wallet &/or small camera can be placed inside as well, to protect them from water rides.

BTW; I now wear my "pass-holder" in airports, too; with my driver's license in it; turned toward my shirt or draped into my shirt pocket. That way I don't take the chance of losing my license in the airport while I'm trying to juggle tickets, bags, ID, and child. All I have to do for security is flip it over to be read.

Topper hit it on the head. My wife & I each had one, and they made it very easy to keep track of tickets, cards, odds & ends... much easier than digging through wallets or waistpacks.

http://www.passporter.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter