Stressed about Vomit on Main Street last night!

Your chances of dying of ebola are about one in a gobillion.
You are much more likely to get the flu if you do not get a flu shot.

My daughter and I had an amazing time at the Mickey's Halloween party last night, until we got puked on immediately following the firework show. A middle aged woman vomited right on the sidewalk in front of the corn dog cart on Main Street. It splashed up and hit both me and my 11 year old daughter on the legs and feet. I immediately informed a cast member who was nearby, and rushed my daughter and myself to the restroom to clean off. We got very little vomit on us, but it was definitely on us and our shoes and clothes (we were both wearing sandals). In light of the ebola scare sweeping the country, I am freaked out. I keep hearing we are safe as long as we don't come into contact with any bodily fluids. Surely, if there WAS a guest with suspected ebola visiting Disneyland, it would be in the papers today, right? They couldn't possibly keep something like that quiet? I'm hoping someone just overindulged in the Trick or Treat candy, but I can't help but be a little concerned. :(
Gross! I agree, chances are if it was Ebola, you'd hear something about it on the news. It could be a stomach bug (which you could still catch). Or, if she's like my mom, a too-greasy food item (like a corn dog or fried chicken) can cause an isolated bout of vomiting. Most likely, that is it. As adults, vomiting in public is one thing we really, really, don't want to do, and with my mom, she'll feel fine until all of a sudden... People have been vomiting at Disneyland for many reasons, long before Ebola came to the US.

I think all vomiting in public will be more scrutinized now. I wouldn't hold someone who's been in contact with someone with Ebola above going to Disneyland. Healthcare workers who treated Ebola patients are boarding planes, taking subways, going on cruises, etc. I know they aren't contagious until they are symptomatic, but some people have really shown poor judgement in their chosen activities after exposure (where, if they became symptomatic right then, lots of people would be exposed).

My daughter and I had an amazing time at the Mickey's Halloween party last night, until we got puked on immediately following the firework show. A middle aged woman vomited right on the sidewalk in front of the corn dog cart on Main Street. It splashed up and hit both me and my 11 year old daughter on the legs and feet. I immediately informed a cast member who was nearby, and rushed my daughter and myself to the restroom to clean off. We got very little vomit on us, but it was definitely on us and our shoes and clothes (we were both wearing sandals). In light of the ebola scare sweeping the country, I am freaked out. I keep hearing we are safe as long as we don't come into contact with any bodily fluids. Surely, if there WAS a guest with suspected ebola visiting Disneyland, it would be in the papers today, right? They couldn't possibly keep something like that quiet? I'm hoping someone just overindulged in the Trick or Treat candy, but I can't help but be a little concerned. :(

Of course you are concerned about being vomited on, anyone would and should be, the lady who retrains us in first aid every couple of years tell us, if its wet and not ours leave it alone. Meaning stay away from other peoples body fluids.
I would be more concerned about getting Hep B /C or the flu from someone's vomit. If you have no open sores on your feet or legs you should be ok.

And if there was a guest at Disneyland, with Ebola there is no way of knowing. Unless they tell you otherwise .

I would be more freaked out about the fact that I got vomit on me than any illness. :crazy2: I cant even clean up puppy poo without dry heavin,.

Vomit is nasty. As long as you cleaned it all up quickly and didn't get any in your eyes, nose, mouth, etc....I wouldn't think you'd catch anything (certainly not ebola.)

But eww. So gross.

Thank you starshine514. That was exactly my thinking. :) I'm not a crazy person and I think I'll be fine without counseling, TYVM.

Here's a short list of things that are more likely to kill you than ebola:

∙ Walking to work

∙ Drawstrings on your jacket

∙ Alligators

∙ Cycling

∙ Drinking too much

∙ Falling off the roof

∙ Flying in airplanes

∙ Falling in the shower

∙ Bunk bed accidents

∙ Cheerleading

∙ Snowboarding

∙ Mowing the lawn

∙ Influenza

Scooter mishaps

∙ Dog attacks

∙ Electrocution

∙ Fishing

∙ Industrial fans

∙ Playing on the playground

∙ Mudslides

∙ Your wife, husband, or lover

∙ Taking a cab

∙ Jet skiing

∙ Tornadoes

∙ Drinking too much water

∙ Crossing the street

∙ Pregnancy

∙ Skiing

∙ Childbirth

∙ Falling

∙ Riding a train

∙ Taking the bus

∙ Fatigue

∙ Roller coasters

∙ Bouncy houses

∙ Trampolines

∙ Swimming

∙ Avalanches

I would be more freaked out about the fact that I got vomit on me than any illness. :crazy2: I cant even clean up puppy poo without dry heavin,.
Me too. A few years ago I rode a thrill ride at a theme park and at the end the kid next to me puked all over everything, including me. I was dry heaving the entire time while trying to find a bathroom to clean up.

Your chances of dying of ebola are about one in a gobillion.
You are much more likely to get the flu if you do not get a flu shot.

You are much more likely to DIE of the flu than you are of Ebola.

8ETrhmhl.jpg

I would be COMPLETELY skeeved out if anyone's vomit splashed on me or my family. That is just gross no matter how you try to spin it. It's gross. I'm sorry that happened. I can imagine it was disgusting.

I would be COMPLETELY skeeved out if anyone's vomit splashed on me or my family. That is just gross no matter how you try to spin it. It's gross. I'm sorry that happened. I can imagine it was disgusting.

Particularly when it's not a kid, who might not have known better...

Gross absolutely.

But the chance of getting ebola would never even enter my mind. Frankly I'd be more worried about getting a noro-virus in a crowded area like that (and that would be more likely to be caught in the bathroom than from being vomited on my feet) than I would about some extremely rare virus.

I am not able to picture this happening. If you were just standing on Main Street, why didn't you move when you saw someone vomiting? If you were stuck on a ride. But to have it splash on both of you clothes and all, you had to be standing pretty close. Sorry, but that was my first thought and not Ebola.

That aside, I would definitely be watching the headlines and perhaps a voluntary isolation for both you and your DD for 21 days. :rolleyes1

Actually, it's quite possible to be in close quarters with someone at Disneyland who suddenly vomits. I know I've been in some pretty tight crowds on main street before. And a lot of time someone can vomit with no warning.

So much panic out there. If a person, with Ebola, is vomiting? They are already showing other symptoms. The vomiting (and other gastro issues) start when you are well into the disease. A person just walking around, with no symptoms, is not contagious...even if they are later diagnosed with Ebola. You are not contagious until symptoms appear...fever, etc.
It's just nothing I'm concerned about. I'm flying in 10 days. Not worried. Will be in WDW for a week, again, not worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter