Stressed about Vomit on Main Street last night!

Everyone needs to take a quick logic class.

There is a common rule in probability theory (used in artificial intelligence and probably many other things I don't know anything about) that people get wrong.
X implies Y
Does NOT that Y implies X

The example given most often in texts I have read is
90% of people who have meningitis have a stiff neck. So Meningitis implies a Stiff neck

However Stiff Neck does not imply meningitis becasue if all I told you is that I have a stiff neck today there is something like a .0000001% chance I have meningitis. So that wouldn't be your first guess. You would probably guess that I slept wrong or pulled a muscle.

Maybe this example should be changed to:
Ebola implies vomiting. Vomiting does not imply ebola.

If you know someone has ebola it would be intelligent to assume they will vomit. However knowing someone vomited ebola is not a good first guess

At a theme park I would assume these things before ebola:
Went on a ride that made them motion sick (possibly after eating)
Ate too much rich foods/something new that didn't agree with them
Stood in the sun too much (sun or heat sickness)
Flu that someone thought I spent X on vacation and am not staying in the hotel.

At worst....You might catch a GI Bug....I really don't believe you need to worry about ebola though ;)

I think everyone panicking a bit. I went to my primary doc with some bad stomach symptoms last week (believe related to the paleo diet that I switched to), but I'm a visiting nurse, and I work in the inner city, and when the receptionist asked me if i"ve come into contact with anyoen who has come into contact with someone who has visited west africa, I can't honestly say no....I don't know every detail of every patient I come into contact with. I said I don't honestly know that answer. They limited my contact with other people in the office. I was a little shocked. It was a little diverticulitis...not ebola, and I knew that. Oh well. Don't worry. We've had what ..4 people in the entire country. two that actually contracted in this country. Don't worry.

I'm not a medical professional, but I would guess the number one reason why someone would vomit in Disneyland is motion sickness. Star Tours and Space Mountain can easily do that to me.

Now my husband did pick up Strep in DL last week. He was even coming off a week of antibiotics and still managed to catch it.

8ETrhmhl.jpg
This one is good!

The one I saw was:
"More people have been married to Kim Kardashian than have died from ebola."

Sounds like my dear, dear DH. The kids get a fever and he thinks pneumonia. He got kidney stones and started worrying about cancer. All he knew was he was having bad stomach pains - actually told me not to book a Disney trip that was 3-4 months away because "what if its something serious".

On the other hand, I am way too laid back and tend to feel that if I want to have fun/go out/spend time with friends, I might get sick. So what? Getting sick is just a part of life. It sucks, but I don't let the fear of it slow me down. of course, I am rather bad about washing my hands and I completely acknowledge that DH is totally right to get on my case about that. Good thing there is someone who will harp on the kids about washing their hands!

Actually what sums up the problem is don't ride Space Mountain on a full tummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter