strategy ??

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
Our first trip to Disney world (since magic bands started) is happening in 61 days! I have to book our fast passes tonight and wanted some opinions on my (hopeful) choices.
For magic kingdom (2 days) we are hoping for
seven dwarfs mine train
enchanted tales with belle
splash mountain
meet ariel at the grotto
monsters inc laugh floor
aladdins carpets
Would love to try for 4TH pass for
winnie the pooh
journey of the little mermaid.
or meet tinker bell or mickey mouse.

I'm basically looking for ideas on whether or not any of these rides don't NEED a fast pass. I'd hate to waste a fast pass on a ride that never needs one.

for epcot
frozen
soarin
nemo and/or character spot (which one is better to get?)

for hollywood studios
beauty and the beast live on stage
voyage of little mermaid or great movie ride?
toy story mania

animal kingdom
safari (hoping for later in the day)
lion king show
finding nemo show

any advice or tips?

I would not use a FastPass for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor or other similar shows. Each show can seat pretty much the entire queue (unless it is a VERY busy day), so the most you will wait is one cycle. Even with a FP you will wait that same cycle.

At Epcot, Nemo rarely needs an FP unless a very busy day. Spaceship Earth might be a better choice.

Toy Story is a must have FP. I wouldn't use it for Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid though. Those are timed shows, and unless you really want specific seats, they won't be worth it as they will pretty much fit the entire queue into the theaters.

MK: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Peter Pan(not on your list, but FP or Rope
Drop )
Enchanted Tales
Splash Mtn
Meet Ariel
Little Mermaid

Epcot: Not sure if you are aware of the Tiers for FP here and at HS. You will only be able to pick 1 from Tier 1 and 2 from Tier 2. That means either Frozen or Soarin - I would do Frozen, and then try and do Soarin at Rope Drop. Most of the Tier 2s don't usually have long lines, do you could pick any two - Nemo and Turtle Talk are together in the Seas building, so you could do these to back to back and see animal exhibits in between or after. Try and get these for midmorning , and get Frozen for late morning/ afternoon, since you will have to walk to World Showcase at the other side of park for this.

HS: Toy Story will be your Tier 1 choice, and it is a lot if fun for the whole family, so if you can Rope Drop, try and do it first thing without long lines, then u you can do it again with FP. Fantasmic, the night show is also Tier 1, so you can try and get a 4th for it later as they are usually available. For 2nd Tier again, not needed for most, so pick 2 you like, and try for late morning/early afternoon again so then you can try for fourth. As mentioned above, shows are done several times a day, so you can work them into your schedule.

AK: Safari - good to do earlier, as later in the afternoon, especially if it is hot, animals may not be as active. Lion King is nearby and Pagani Trail so you can plan to do those throughout the morning in Africa, and move to Asia later for Nemo show. FP not needed for shows, but you might as well if you aren't going to do Everest or Dino(assuming you have a younger child with your picks).

When you pick FP, you do not have to go in order, so first do days with hardest to get FP. For example, do Frozen at Epcot first, then Mine Train at MK, then Toy Story st HS, etc

If it is pouring rain....you can get on almost anything with no lines. We went last fall and hit one hell of a downpour at MK...went on everything with no waits. We did get pretty wet, but it was a blast!

just so you know EPCOT and HS have a tired system so you can chose one ride from tier 1 and 2 form tier 3

so you can not have a FP for FEA and soaring on the same day ( unless you get 1 as a 4) I would do FEA and RD soaring

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter