Strange things guests say

While waiting for the afternoon parade in Magic Kingdom in May a man asked me if I knew what time it was? I told him it was 2:50 and he said "Wow time sure travels when your having fun" I must have been staring at him with a blank look on my face cause he says to me "you know what I mean right"? I was like no I don't and then his wife walks over and he says to her "what do I mean when I say time travels when your having fun" and she says "time flies" and he says "oh ya thats it".

While waiting for the afternoon parade in Magic Kingdom in May a man asked me if I knew what time it was? I told him it was 2:50 and he said "Wow time sure travels when your having fun" I must have been staring at him with a blank look on my face cause he says to me "you know what I mean right"? I was like no I don't and then his wife walks over and he says to her "what do I mean when I say time travels when your having fun" and she says "time flies" and he says "oh ya thats it".

That is a common expression around here. It means when you are having fun, you don't notice the time.

That is a common expression around here. It means when you are having fun, you don't notice the time.

I think the part that was funny is that he said "Time travels when you're having fun" instead of "Time flies when you're having fun."

My DH just recently cam off of Topamax! What strange side effects that medicine has!! Glad he is off it!!!!

what are the side effects i only ask because i am on it just started

Side effects were weight gain, poor eyesight, and mood swings. Good Luck!

Um...those aren't the side effects I experienced. My hands and feet tingled for weeks and I had to have my dose reduced because I could barely speak without sounding like an idiot! I swear, I would forget every other word! Everything seemed like that "tip-of-the-tongue" feeling. I also couldn't drink Coca-cola anymore, so I lost weight.

All of my friends on the drug had the same effects.

Totally worth it, though....I've only had 1 headache in a year!!! :cool1:

Um...those aren't the side effects I experienced. My hands and feet tingled for weeks and I had to have my dose reduced because I could barely speak without sounding like an idiot! I swear, I would forget every other word! Everything seemed like that "tip-of-the-tongue" feeling. I also couldn't drink Coca-cola anymore, so I lost weight.

All of my friends on the drug had the same effects.

Totally worth it, though....I've only had 1 headache in a year!!! :cool1:

That is weird. We didn't even know the meds were giving him the side effects until a family member told us. She too had been taking Topamax & was experiencing some of the same side effects that DH was having, plus some of the ones you listed. So DH asked his Dr about it & they decided to change the meds & he is doing better now. :confused3

That is weird. We didn't even know the meds were giving him the side effects until a family member told us. She too had been taking Topamax & was experiencing some of the same side effects that DH was having, plus some of the ones you listed. So DH asked his Dr about it & they decided to change the meds & he is doing better now. :confused3

It is a shame that your DH's doctor or pharmacist didn't explain about the side effects...they are very common. I don't know about your pharmacy, but it was printed right on the information given with my prescription. They wane after use for a while (for me, it took about a month).

Of course, it is a personal decision of whether or not your husband wanted to continue with it, but to me, I would have put up with all of those side effects every day if it meant I wouldn't have migraines anymore!

Bump. This thread is pure genius! I love reading all the funny stories people have. Keep them coming! :goodvibes

Took my best friend and her family a few years back. We were in Animal Kingdom back in the Africa section and she loudly proclaimed, while pointing at one of the CM's...

"Loooook! A REAL LIVE AFRICAN!"

/facepalms to infinity.:eek:

little boy on the monorail when the crane was out putting on the castle lights: "MOM! They're knocking down the castle!"

After riding tot for the first time my 5yo nephew yells out uncle I am going to throw up... can we go on again.

We were one of the first trucks out on the safari at ak and after awhile we got stuck behind some antelope on the road. My bil yells out What, I thought this was a family friendly ride! Turns out the antelope were mating and we had to sit there for a few minutes until they were done and the driver had to come up with a family friendly way to explain what we were watching. Everytime the driver looked at our group in his mirror from then on he couldn't stop laughing.

We were heading to the bus stop at wl and I noticed there were no buses for mgm so I got my family to jump on a bus for ttc that was ready to leave. After a few minutes into the ride my wife looks at me and says you do remember they changed the name to hs a few years ago and we could have taken the bus directly. It was avery long ride to hs that day and I still hear it everytime we get on the bus for hs.

Okay, former CM here. So, while working on Main Street, I actually had guests (plural) ask me "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?" Yep, they warned us about this during our seminars, but I didn't believe it until I heard it.... several times! Very funny!

Okay, former CM here. So, while working on Main Street, I actually had guests (plural) ask me "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?" Yep, they warned us about this during our seminars, but I didn't believe it until I heard it.... several times! Very funny!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I BELIEVE IT! :lmao::lmao::lmao: :tink:

I know this is often joked about, but hte 3 o'clock parade is at different times depending on where you are (at the begining of the route, or the end of the route)

I know this is often joked about, but hte 3 o'clock parade is at different times depending on where you are (at the begining of the route, or the end of the route)

I don't get this. It's not that big a difference in time. It's not like if you are in Frontierland and the parade starts at 3:00 on Main Street, that it wouldn't get to you for an hour. I could see asking where the parade starts, but asking what time it is is just ridiculous.

Not AT Disney, but I was in the mall with my little nephew, who is three, he wanted to go to the Disney store. I knew it was closing (I think for refurbishment, but not sure) so I said we'd check and see if it was still there. We walk along on the upper level of the mall, look down where the disney store was, and sure enough it is closed. So I tell him "Oh, I'm so sorry, we won't be able to go, it's closed." he looks through the grating and sees the closed store, looks up at me totally panicked "Is Disney WORLD gone too??"

I was a CP working the turnstiles at Epcot from February-August, and over my seven months working there, I heard some doozies :rotfl:

First of all, please imagine that you're going through the front gates at Epcot. Not International Gateway, the main entrance. What's the first thing you see? Spaceship Earth, right? Well, somebody asked me, dead serious, "Where's the big Epcot ball?" I swear it took me a couple seconds to figure out how to answer him without being sarcastic.

I got the 3:00 parade thing several times, too, which is weird because Epcot doesn't HAVE a 3:00 parade. People would ask me where the monorail was when it was directly behind me and right over my head with a huge glowing sign that said MONORAIL on it. That's not as bad as people thinking it's a ride and getting all ticked off/not believing me when I said it was transportation to the TTC :headache:

One of my favorites, though, didn't happen to me but my friend. He was helping a guest and his ticked wasn't working because the family didn't have the Park Hopper option on their ticket. So he calmly tells them Guest Relations can get one for them, but he can't do anything. The guy gives him the filthiest look, and says in a really snooty, holier-than-thou voice, "Sir, I'm staying at the Grand Floridian. I think I can afford a Park Hopper." My friend did finally get him to go afford his Park Hopper at Guest Relations, because he certainly didn't get it when he bought the tickets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter