Stock Market - Dow down 2000 today. At what level is it time to jump back in?

I saw a financial analyst say a few days ago that the Disney closes the park is the day the markets bottom out. So uphill after tomorrow?
Sounds like a silly prediction to me. Plus, Disneyland closed but not WDW, as far as I know.

Well I take it back, but I still don't think it is the bottom. I expect more down days ahead, but no one has a crystal ball. Feel free to buy if you want!

I'm not, but since we are retired 25% of our assets are in protected securities like fixed indexed annuities so we are not losing at this point from those.

You need to understand the selloffs are largely ETF driven, with investors dumping index funds and loading up on Short Index funds, so even good companies have to be sold. But that cycle can go both ways. Safest place now is cash, this does not seem like a one month event, more like 8 months

I don't pay enough attention to think I'd be any good at timing the market. I just keep contributing to my 401(k) and taking the long-term view.

I don't pay enough attention to think I'd be any good at timing the market. I just keep contributing to my 401(k) and taking the long-term view.
That is absolutely the best strategy.
BUT, we are at, or will soon be at, a great opportunity to invest. (I don't mean to disregard the far more important issues with this pandemic, but this thread focused on stock market). Whether it takes 2 months, 2 years or 20 years, the growth going forward will be greater than the growth from the high in February.
NOW is the time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter