Still no refund for annual pass

Belle2021!

Earning My Ears
Is anyone else still waiting for a refund of their annual passes that were canceled due to covid? I have been waiting 2 YEARS!!! And every time I call Disney they said accounting is reviewing it but conveniently accounting doesn’t have a email or phone number that I can reach out to them personally. The ticket supervisors say there is nothing they can do and that I have to keep waiting for my $1,200 refund of annual passes that I never even got to use ONCE!

Yes, my husband's annual pass was paid for with a credit card that we had since closed. So any refund "in the form or original payment" would have bounced back to Disney. You're right, there's no one to call or even write to! I am NOT in high hopes Disney will be sending a check even though they obviously have our contact info. They're still working on it two years later? hmmmm, doubtful.

Do credit card companies offer any advice, or is it too long ago? There's got to be a lot of guests in same boat if already there's two of you here.

I have no legal background but I wonder what the next steps could be (that's why I was curious if credit card banks can offer advice even if they can't dispute charge).... Would small claims courts take on cases like this against major corporations?

I would call and contact every place you can. I was waiting on a cruise refund and kept being told that it's just taking awhile. I finally got a hold of someone who actually looked into it (as opposed to automatically saying that refunds are taking longer than usual) who said that because we got Disney credit after the cancellation, the refund was all credit sitting there on my account and that it wouldn't be credited back to my original form of payment (credit card). I objected and they did agree to refund to the credit card. Took another 30 days from there to then get the credit. However, if I had just said "ok" I'd still be waiting for it to process.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so I would contact your credit card and dispute the charges with them. Let them know what happened and they will work to get you your money back.

This is why I always use credit cards versus debit cards.

Is anyone else still waiting for a refund of their annual passes that were canceled due to covid? I have been waiting 2 YEARS!!! And every time I call Disney they said accounting is reviewing it but conveniently accounting doesn’t have a email or phone number that I can reach out to them personally. The ticket supervisors say there is nothing they can do and that I have to keep waiting for my $1,200 refund of annual passes that I never even got to use ONCE!
I agree with Wesley815. Call your credit card company. If this were a small business you already would have reported them. The fact that it is Disney is a little off-putting, but I would still call my CC and dispute the charges.
It can't hurt to try, and it may be the very thing that pushes Disney to refund you.

I Will try to link to the prior thread on this. We had a nightmare of a time getting a refund for one of our 4 APs. The credit card dispute is way past their time cutoff (it even was for me, and it was only a year from when I had purchased the AP, that I was asking for the disputed charges to be removed; my CC company would not do anything since it had been too long). I am SO SORRY you are still dealing with this. I would be so incredibly frustrated by the process. Let me go find that thread…

In the thread I linked above, you can see most of my saga starting on the last page of the thread. Ultimately, I beat my head against the wall for 11 months, and finally a CM said, “so you want a check” as it it were just that simple all along. Of course, it had been a nightmare, but I did get the check.Almost. A year from when I bought the AP. DO NOT give up because it just encourages them to do this. I really hope you get the right CM and say the magic phrase (maybe it was “send me a check” but I said that so many times…).

I Will try to link to the prior thread on this. We had a nightmare of a time getting a refund for one of our 4 APs. The credit card dispute is way past their time cutoff (it even was for me, and it was only a year from when I had purchased the AP, that I was asking for the disputed charges to be removed; my CC company would not do anything since it had been too long). I am SO SORRY you are still dealing with this. I would be so incredibly frustrated by the process. Let me go find that thread…
Thank you!! I will look at the thread. Yeah I should have disputed the credit card company a long time ago to see what happened. I still might call them to see if they recommend any advice.

In the thread I linked above, you can see most of my saga starting on the last page of the thread. Ultimately, I beat my head against the wall for 11 months, and finally a CM said, “so you want a check” as it it were just that simple all along. Of course, it had been a nightmare, but I did get the check.Almost. A year from when I bought the AP. DO NOT give up because it just encourages them to do this. I really hope you get the right CM and say the magic phrase (maybe it was “send me a check” but I said that so many times…).
That is interesting. I haven’t asked for a check yet. I’m going to call ask them for that instead of them “reviewing” my refund to a credit card. Thank you!!

My recommendation would be to use a service like FairShake. You just tell them what the story is, and they'll mail Disney your notice of dispute. It will most likely be taken care of quickly, and you'll just be out some small fee to FairShake.

Disney isn't going to want you to actually take them to arbitration on this.

That is interesting. I haven’t asked for a check yet. I’m going to call ask them for that instead of them “reviewing” my refund to a credit card. Thank you!!

Yeah, just straight up ask for a check. They sent us a check (on their own) for my husband's AP that was purchased a couple weeks before the shut down and never activated. It was $1350 and they sent that check just shortly after refunding our other 3 partially used Signature Passes. I don't know why they sent a check, as I had paid for it with the same Disney Visa that they refunded the other 3 APs to.

Regardless, this is unacceptable and I would call back and not get off that phone until you have spoken to someone who has confirmed that a refund check has been issued. Keep going up the chain over the phone, don't even explain the situation to the first person who answers, simply tell them you need to speak to someone who has the authority to issue a refund check.

I would like to think if this was the castmembers money… blah blah blah but we know they are Being treated really unfairly in comparison.
Yes Disney needs your money they want you to forget about it .

Wish we could all join your conversation and take that survey !

This is beyond absurd. In addition to working up the phone chain for the umpteenth time, I would file a complaint with the CA Dept of Consumer Affairs here. I'm not saying it will fix your problem but no business likes getting their cage rattled by the State.

I had a situation with a cruise line that had canceled a cruise due to Covid. I gave them every opportunity to refund my money. They kept dragging their feet. I contacted American Express and it was handled ASAP. Let the credit card company deal with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter