Steam Showers at home

happily single

Left foot first!
I should know better than spending Sunday watching HGTV. One of the shows mentioned A steam shower. Now I’m intrigued,

does anyone have a steam shower? Pros? Cons?
I currently have a hot tub. Our small bathroom is due for an update and would consider adding a steam shower.

We went through a 2nd floor remodel that included gutting our primary bedroom and bathroom. We added a steam shower and it’s amazing. Better than being at a spa, as it’s in your space! https://www.mrsteam.com/

Make sure you find a contractor that is very familiar with how to install unit and drains.

Don't have one but my first thought also was about how to properly ventilate the area so you don't end up with moisture buildup and/or mildew issues on the walls. Would make sure to choose a reputable installer who actually has experience with these types of systems. I doubt every plumber has experience installing these.

When we bought the home we live in now, it had a steam shower. It wasn't up to code and we were deciding if we should fix it or just get rid of it. It was very difficult to find someone to take a look at it. Both fixing it/bringing it up to code or replacing it was very expensive. Over $1000. The were tiles in the shower that had fallen off but not sure if the steam shower had something to do with it. When we remodeled the bathroom, we removed the steam shower.

I tend to run warm so even a long, hot shower is not a thing for me. I would definitely have to try one before I ever considered installing one. Who knows, maybe I would love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter