Stay Play Dine 2017 Calculation Thread

What have people found with SOS and deluxe dining? No discount on the difference between regular and deluxe or deluxe not even available?

What have people found with SOS and deluxe dining? No discount on the difference between regular and deluxe or deluxe not even available?
You can upgrade to deluxe. No discount is given on the cost to upgrade though.

Deal should be the same. I've seen a lot of people say they couldn't find availability at POP. I'd have a second choice in mind if I were you. Good luck! Also you can keep checking if what you want isn't available initially. Resorts and room types can change.
Thanks for your quick response last night. I slept on it and woke with a few questions I'm hoping you can answer (you seem to be the most knowledgeable about this discount, thanks!)
This is a multi-level question : I'm thinking i want to be able to pounce on the deal ASAP and my understanding is I will get an hour head start if i book it myself online, correct? And if this is the case would it wise to check for availability for a room that qualifies for the discount before i change the current one OR book a new one and then cancel the original? If i can change the original will it allow me to make such a huge change (different resort under the discount) If i need to make a new reservation to get the discount is it even possible to have 2 reservations booked with the same person as lead or will the system block me from doing that? If not would i be able to make the other adult on the original reservation lead on the new?

URGH, so many questions --- I'm booking for our kids (no way she can handle this stress at 6 am!) and paying with my credit card which add another level of confusion and slows the process down!!

Thanks for your quick response last night. I slept on it and woke with a few questions I'm hoping you can answer (you seem to be the most knowledgeable about this discount, thanks!)
This is a multi-level question : I'm thinking i want to be able to pounce on the deal ASAP and my understanding is I will get an hour head start if i book it myself online, correct? And if this is the case would it wise to check for availability for a room that qualifies for the discount before i change the current one OR book a new one and then cancel the original? If i can change the original will it allow me to make such a huge change (different resort under the discount) If i need to make a new reservation to get the discount is it even possible to have 2 reservations booked with the same person as lead or will the system block me from doing that? If not would i be able to make the other adult on the original reservation lead on the new?

URGH, so many questions --- I'm booking for our kids (no way she can handle this stress at 6 am!) and paying with my credit card which add another level of confusion and slows the process down!!
Some people may give different advice but I'm most comfortable booking a new reservation and cancelling the original. I've never run into any issues here and it makes it easiest and most efficient to search. In my experience, You can have multiple reservations for the same time period for the same person. FYI - I did this exact thing last year and plan to do it this year (I prefer to pay with a different method other than my Disney CC so I typically rebook the public discount and then cancel the visa booking if the same package is available when released).

I would say that it is likely that the deal is available first online prior to 7am (maybe around 5 or 6) but that isn't necessarily guaranteed. If it's not online by 7am you can go the call route (but may be on hold for awhile). Hopefully it's just released online first and you're all good! Also in the event you have to call to book, I would again book new and cancel the other one later once things on the phone lines calm down.

Good luck - ask if you have any more questions. We've been to Disney over a dozen times and the majority were booked on discounts so I have a lot of experience dissecting the ins and out of disney discounts.

POR King Room
1/8-1/14
3 adults
5 Day Hoppers
DDP
Rack Rate 4,137.31
Disney Visa SPD Rate $3,591.11
45% off dining

Hi. I can't figure this out. 2 adults king Coronado Springs Jan 6 to Jan 13. 8 day park hopper with water park.
I paid $3140.62, including taxes and insurance. Can the SPD help me?

Hi. I can't figure this out. 2 adults king Coronado Springs Jan 6 to Jan 13. 8 day park hopper with water park.
Does that include OR Did you plan on paying for the dining plan?

Your wisdom please,

1 adult, 1 Disney adult (11), 1 child
POP Mar 1 - 7
3 day tickets, no hoppers
deluxe dining (this is my question - is the % off dining only good for quick serve for values and another % at mods OR the same % at all resorts?)

Also, I thought I read somewhere that values at 15% off RO? I know this isn't the thread for that but it might be an option with the Canadian deal on tickets.

Thank you!

We are staying at POR. 2 adults, 3 children from 2/9-2/15 with 5 days of parks with no hopper and dining plan. Saved $559! It is equal to the cost of 2 roundtrip airfare tickets.

Last edited:
Your wisdom please,

POP Mar 1 - 7
deluxe dining (this is my question - is the % off dining only good for quick serve for values and another % at mods OR the same % at all resorts?)

Also, I thought I read somewhere that values at 15% off RO? I know this isn't the thread for that but it might be an option with the Canadian deal on tickets.

Thank you!
I worked out the price for our son & his wife with both the SPD discount (someone provided a link to the site i think it's this https://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwq2roomsepfy16/ just keep clicking till it works) AND a RO discount. I did it 2 ways with the SPD discount -- once just straight up with the # of days they needed and once with the minimum to make the package work plus 4 day CDN tickets and for the RO i did it with the entire CDN ticket and the full price DP. The cheapest by far was the SPD discount just as it is.

You could book the room only discount (same room & everything) and save about $265 vs. your current price (this WOULD NOT include dining).
You could book the SPD discount (same room & everything) and you'd pay about $520 more than your current price (this WOULD include dining).
SO the question is are you going to spend more than $785 eating without the dining plan...

Hope this helps - good luck!

Your wisdom please,

POP Mar 1 - 7

Thank you!
At a Value resort based on what I'm seeing you will save 40% off the cost of the QS dining. You'll then have to pay the difference to upgrade to deluxe (the cost difference is not discounted at all). At a moderate you'd save 45% off the cost of TS dining and would still have to pay to upgrade to deluxe - I don't see this option saving you money as your room would cost a lot more.

Value resorts are 15% off every night during the time period you're traveling. Good Luck - anymore questions let me know.

I haven't been able to book yet (I don't have a Disney Visa), but assuming I'm able to get the deal I want on Monday it will go this way:

January 21 - February 2 (12 nights), 2 adults, 3 kids, 1 infant in a standard room at CBR, 10 day tickets with DDP and MM. It comes to $7,038.78 with no discount. The discounted price brings it to $5,919.18 for a savings of $1,119.60.

I will be thrilled if this all works out come Monday!

Last edited:
I haven't been able to book yet (I don't have a Disney Visa), but assuming I'm able to get the deal I want on Monday it will go this way:

January 21 - February 2 (12 nights), 2 adults, 3 kids, 1 infant in a standard room at CBR, 10 day tickets with DDP. It comes to $7,038.78 with no discount. The discounted price brings it to $5,919.18 for a savings of $1,119.60.

I will be thrilled if this all works out come Monday!
That's a nice savings - the SPD deal definitely favors larger families! The more people the more you save vs a room only discount where the savings is the same regardless of # of people. Good luck!!

That's a nice savings - the SPD deal definitely favors larger families! The more people the more you save vs a room only discount where the savings is the same regardless of # of people. Good luck!!

Yes, it's definitely the better choice for parties with multiple people. I wouldn't have saved nearly as much with just a RO.

By the way, I don't suppose there's any way to book with a friend's code that she was emailed (she's a Visa cardholder) without putting it on a card, is there?

Yes, it's definitely the better choice for parties with multiple people. I wouldn't have saved nearly as much with just a RO.

By the way, I don't suppose there's any way to book with a friend's code that she was emailed (she's a Visa cardholder) without putting it on a card, is there?
You have to put the deposit on a Disney Visa card so you're probably out of luck there - sorry.

If I'm already booked(French. Quarter) in February what are the chances I'll be able to just apply a discount to my existing reservation. I do like the idea of booking a second reservation to ensure thsi

If I'm already booked(French. Quarter) in February what are the chances I'll be able to just apply a discount to my existing reservation. I do like the idea of booking a second reservation to ensure thsi
Either option will work. Depends on what you're more comfortable with. Sometimes if I see what I want online I'll just book it and then call and cancel the other reservation to make sure I don't lose what I want while waiting on hold.

Either option will work. Depends on what you're more comfortable with. Sometimes if I see what I want online I'll just book it and then call and cancel the other reservation to make sure I don't lose what I want while waiting on hold.

I have heard stories of people who were not just given a discount. I wouldn't mind upgrading from garden room to preferred if it
Means saving about 500 more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter