Star Wars: Rogue One Trailer #2

I'm basing the ethnicity on the or8ginal three films. Hell, the original six films, even the awful ones. If you look at the rebels at the end of A New Hope, it's nothing but white guys. And Princess Leia. So if that is what the rebel alliance was when the plans were obtained and they were attacking the Death Star, then where did this collective United Nations suddenly disappear to? I get that they are trying to continue with JJ Abrams' liberal view of what the Star Wars universe could be, but when you have a clear end point for your film, then why veer so far from the original visuals? This one needed to follow Lucas, not Abrams.
Admiral Ackbar, Chewbacca and Lando. Are just a few off the top of my head that weren't white males or Leia in the original trilogy. The prequels were full of diverse people. As the world becomes more accepting of diverse people movies will as well.
I love Star Wars and have for as long as I can remember. You know what would be great? If people who love it like I do had a character they can relate to. Why not a gay character or an Asian character? I don't think it hurts the universe or the story. To me it makes it better. After all, like it or not there are diverse people on this planet and probably around the galaxy.

Admiral Ackbar, Chewbacca and Lando. Are just a few off the top of my head that weren't white males or Leia in the original trilogy. The prequels were full of diverse people. As the world becomes more accepting of diverse people movies will as well.
I love Star Wars and have for as long as I can remember. You know what would be great? If people who love it like I do had a character they can relate to. Why not a gay character or an Asian character? I don't think it hurts the universe or the story. To me it makes it better. After all, like it or not there are diverse people on this planet and probably around the galaxy.
I said Leia. And Chewbacca wasn't part of the Aliance. Lando came in the 1980's. I'm talking cohesion between this film and a New Hope. Watch that last scene of Episode 4 and check that audience. Or the dias, for that matter.

I saw it tonight and it was great! It's really what Episode VII should have been (though I still liked VII, this is just more original). I really had a great time with this one though. It kind of starts out not like a Star Wars movie, but ends up very much like a Star Wars movie. It's actually a kinda cool progression. I need to see it a few more times to catch all the background stuff!

I saw it tonight and it was great! It's really what Episode VII should have been (though I still liked VII, this is just more original). I really had a great time with this one though. It kind of starts out not like a Star Wars movie, but ends up very much like a Star Wars movie. It's actually a kinda cool progression. I need to see it a few more times to catch all the background stuff!

I have to agree...

I thought they did a good job of servicing the fans and the story. What needed to happen, happened but there were enough twists and turns to make it memorable.

It makes me strongly believe that all the glowing praise for the the force awakens...which now looks even more Hollywood self serving and canned...was some type of industry agenda.

It makes me hopeful that real Star Wars fans at the directors helm...not controlling tycoons like lucas and Abrams...may give us some good stories yet.

I have to agree...

I thought they did a good job of servicing the fans and the story. What needed to happen, happened but there were enough twists and turns to make it memorable.

It makes me strongly believe that all the glowing praise for the the force awakens...which now looks even more Hollywood self serving and canned...was some type of industry agenda.

It makes me hopeful that real Star Wars fans at the directors helm...not controlling tycoons like lucas and Abrams...may give us some good stories yet.

Yeah, I mean I liked Force Awakens just fine, but it was a very safe movie. Rogue One dared to push the envelope a little, but still stay "Star Warsy" and it really works. It wasn't perfect either. The first half is awkwardly paced, and there were some stylistic choices I felt were out of place (location name title cards - how I hate them) but overall it was more exciting, less predictable, and just generally a better movie than Ep VII. This is from someone who really likes the Prequels (no Lucas hate here), but I like them because they are different enough from the originals to be cool in their own way.

Last edited:
Or at least from the original movie. Which is pretty much what they need to be patterning this film after. This new film needs to look and feel more like the first film than this last one. Isn't it supposed to be blending right into the first film? This mess looks more like a Star Trek movie than Star Wars.
Looked like quite a good Star Wars film to me today. I thought it really captured the visual feel of Episode 4 quite well.

Looked like quite a good Star Wars film to me today. I thought it really captured the visual feel of Episode 4 quite well.
And that's really all it needs to do. It should hold true to the very first film, and not that bore fest that came out a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter