Star Wars: Rogue One Trailer #2

Outside of the space ships, this looks absolutely nothing like a Star Wars film. Sorry to see they're picking up with Abrahms' use of a female lead (when the he|l did Star Wars turn into the Hunger Games?), and then somehow turning Star Wars into a damn UN of human characters. Glad to see we've got every ethnicity covered. Wouldn't want to offend any groups. What the heck???

Outside of the space ships, this looks absolutely nothing like a Star Wars film. Sorry to see they're picking up with Abrahms' use of a female lead (when the he|l did Star Wars turn into the Hunger Games?), and then somehow turning Star Wars into a damn UN of human characters. Glad to see we've got every ethnicity covered. Wouldn't want to offend any groups. What the heck???

I know, for a universe full Sullustians, Wookies, Ugnaughts, Hutts, Mal Calamari, etc. ... you'd think there'd be more white men. o_O

I know, for a universe full Sullustians, Wookies, Ugnaughts, Hutts, Mal Calamari, etc. ... you'd think there'd be more white men. o_O
Or at least from the original movie. Which is pretty much what they need to be patterning this film after. This new film needs to look and feel more like the first film than this last one. Isn't it supposed to be blending right into the first film? This mess looks more like a Star Trek movie than Star Wars.

Or at least from the original movie. Which is pretty much what they need to be patterning this film after. This new film needs to look and feel more like the first film than this last one. Isn't it supposed to be blending right into the first film? This mess looks more like a Star Trek movie than Star Wars.

It doesn't look anything like a Star Trek movie, at least not the classic (pre Star Trek 2009) movies. Blasters, Stormtroopers, AT-ACT's, AT-ST's, Darth Vader, Imperial officers, Mon Mothma, X-Wings, TIE fighters, the Death Star, Star Destroyers, droids, etc. Heck, we even see the Rebel base on Yavin IV!

Well that wouldn't be the first appearance by his character.

Saw.jpg

Well, for me, I like what I'm seeing. I am more excited for this than I was for Force Awakens. I think it's time for a somewhat different kind of Star Wars movie, especially since they're going to be putting them out so often now.

My biggest concern is that while Lucasfilm seems to want to expand the overall Saga with references to all of the Star Wars films (in books, comics, and Rebels)... Disney seems laser focused on all OT (Original Trilogy) all the time. I'm looking forward to Rogue One quite a bit... more so than TFA to be honest, but the fact the next "spin-off" is a Young Han Solo movie doesn't fill me with a lot of optimism that Disney is looking to expand the brand an tell original stories, that take some amount of risk.

It's all very safe, and could be problematic in 5-10 years.

Yancy

Even still, Disney has a lot of material they can use to move along for the next 5-10 years.

I don't think Disney/Lucasfilm will run out of ideas. I think they are going with Rogue One and Han Solo because those are easier ones to do? You can't do post Episode IX films because you'd have to establish if the Jedi's came back and possibly spoil Episode VIII and IX. And pre Prequels, you'd have to set up almost a whole new universe.

I would have loved to see a Rogue Squadron post Episode VI tv or even better netflix or cable series.

So does anyone wish to see C-3PO and R2 at the very end of Rogue One in the legendary white hallway of the ship we see in Episode 4?

Keep up with C-3PO news on Instagram: threepionews

My biggest concern is that while Lucasfilm seems to want to expand the overall Saga with references to all of the Star Wars films (in books, comics, and Rebels)... Disney seems laser focused on all OT (Original Trilogy) all the time. I'm looking forward to Rogue One quite a bit... more so than TFA to be honest, but the fact the next "spin-off" is a Young Han Solo movie doesn't fill me with a lot of optimism that Disney is looking to expand the brand an tell original stories, that take some amount of risk.

It's all very safe, and could be problematic in 5-10 years.

Yancy

I know it's been awhile on this thread...
But I have to agree with you 100%. Hollywood only wants guaranteed revenue and bob iger is as empty suit Hollywood as it gets...

You'll know they've killed it when "boba fett 3" comes out.

That being said...I fully expect this to be a better movie than the Harrison ford exit piece that "show me the money" Abrams dropped last year.

I bet your waiting for America to be GREAT again, huh?

My biggest concern is that while Lucasfilm seems to want to expand the overall Saga with references to all of the Star Wars films (in books, comics, and Rebels)... Disney seems laser focused on all OT (Original Trilogy) all the time.

Only if you are talking about the movies. The Clone Wars tv series was about the prequel trilogy. Rebels takes place about 4 years before A New Hope, but it includes Clone Wars characters (Rex, Ahsoka, Hondo). The Aftermath book trilogy takes place right after Return of the Jedi and sets into motion the events that lead to the formation of the First Order. Bloodline takes place 6 years before The Force Awakens. Plus you've got Tarkin, Dark Discipline, Lords of the Sith, Catalyst, and the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir and Kanan comics to fill in time between the prequel and original trilogies. The next comic miniseries, Maul, takes place before The Phantom Menace.

Unless you are referring to the Old Republic. Personally, I don't care about the Old Republic until the current saga is fleshed out. There's 29 years worth of material to fill in between Aftermath and The Force Awakens. I want to see what happened there before what happened 1,000 years before The Phantom Menace. And actually I am most curious about the year between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. How did Luke get so much more powerful between the two movies? When and why did he switch to wearing black?

Judging by the early reactions from critics a lot of naysayers are going to be proven gloriously wrong

I can understand the Hunger Games reference. I don't quite get the ethnicity comment though. Are there too many people of diverse backgrounds for you? If so I respect your right to not watch this film. What is an acceptable number of ethnic people in a movie?

I can understand the Hunger Games reference. I don't quite get the ethnicity comment though. Are there too many people of diverse backgrounds for you? If so I respect your right to not watch this film. What is an acceptable number of ethnic people in a movie?
I'm basing the ethnicity on the or8ginal three films. Hell, the original six films, even the awful ones. If you look at the rebels at the end of A New Hope, it's nothing but white guys. And Princess Leia. So if that is what the rebel alliance was when the plans were obtained and they were attacking the Death Star, then where did this collective United Nations suddenly disappear to? I get that they are trying to continue with JJ Abrams' liberal view of what the Star Wars universe could be, but when you have a clear end point for your film, then why veer so far from the original visuals? This one needed to follow Lucas, not Abrams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter