Star Wars breakfast menu at Sci Fi

Can you give any more details about that? Sounds like fun and I know my 11 year old would really be into it. What sort of things do they trade? Pins? What should we have one hand to trade? Thanks!

mom2of2 pretty much covered it. I think they'll take most any little trinket, though the shinier the better. Saw a girl trade one of her hair ties for something. They tried taking my entire car, LOL

Something else to note for the characters is that Greedo needs to sign your autograph book on a flat surface. He cannot hold the book.

We just finished our breakfast and I have to tell you it was wonderful .

Character interaction was incredible and the food was plentiful hot and delicious.

I would do this again and pay the prices without batting an eyelash. It was truly truly awesome

Ours was at 10:30 today and we got in so not sure what the 10:20 reservation was about. We only had a party of 4 so depending on their party size that may have impacted the group.

I'm hoping that's how it works for us as well. I did change a FP+ time so as to not worry about it while eating!!! Only two of us, so hopefully it won't be too bad.
I can't believe I'm going to pay this much money and have my adult dd eat some chocolate muffins! If the french toast sticks didn't have cinnamon sugar on them, she would eat those, but she just doesn't eat eggs! Costly muffins to say the least.

We had at 8:15 reservation on Sunday May 4th and waited about 10-15 minutes before we were called. We enjoyed it but I don't think it would be an every time meal for us. I'm not an adventurous eater so most of the adult food didn't interest me. I got the traditional breakfast. The eggs were good, the bacon had a smoked flavor and the potatoes had large pieces of onion but not a whole lot of flavor; I don't eat sausage so I can't comment on that. My husband enjoyed his French toast though! None of us really ate the fruit or yogurt, although the melon Yoda was cute. I tried each of the three pastries and the chocolate was the best. The kids puffed French toast tasted like a churro.

It was obvious where we sat in the back that this was new as the characters didn't really have a path down and we sat for a while waiting for the Jawas while the Stormtroopers came by 3 times.

Value wise it doesn't really add, in my opinion. Comparing it to CRT as the other 2TS credit meal we noticed these things, as we did both of these meals during this trip. Both are 2TS however CRT has gratuity included. As a family of 5 we paid $38 (20%) in tip for this meal on top of the cost, as we were no longer on the dining plan. You get a picture with both but with CRT you get an actual print in a nice cover. With the Star Wars breakfast you get a photopass card where you can download the picture for free, but if you want a print on the Disney site you have to pay.

We specifically did this for my son. Did he enjoy it? Yes! And because of that if he wanted to do it again we would, in a heartbeat, with the dining plan though!! I just wanted to post some of our observations! I do have a few pictures but I don't know how to post them.

Were there any fun interactions with the storm troopers oe Jawas? Or do they just walk around for photos at the tables? I was hoping for some kind of show or interaction for the high price of this breakfast. Like the storm troopers come out from behind and start shooting or something. I guess the Disney magic is wearing off for me because it seems like a lot of money to meet some people in costumes. I'm wondering if DS8 is really going to enjoy this. Or if we are better spending all that money on something else more fun. I'm pretty sure he is more excited about doing fun things like rides and shows instead of just meeting characters getting photographed. Though... at least the Star Wars characters are something different... I think he would like trading with the Jawas and things like that. Do the Storm Troopers Talk??? Thank you.

You can trade with the jawas. Bring some cheap trinkets, they even take rocks apparently. They like shiny things.

It is my belief that the stormtroopers are not permitted to point their blasters at guests but if they are inclined to fool around they might point them at each other maybe. I think it more likely that they are required to keep their blasters up. That is, if they have time. they have to greet guests, they won't be doing skits.

Sci Fi is a neutral zone so there will be no fighting with light sabers or imperial weapons ;) and the Storm Troopers are on patrol so since they are working they aren't allowed to converse.

Just an FYI: if you are in Studios during the week and want to eat at the Galactic breakfast, stop by and see if walk ins are being accepted..you may get lucky :)

Sci Fi is a neutral zone so there will be no fighting with light sabers or imperial weapons ;) and the Storm Troopers are on patrol so since they are working they aren't allowed to converse.

Just an FYI: if you are in Studios during the week and want to eat at the Galactic breakfast, stop by and see if walk ins are being accepted..you may get lucky :)

Thanks.... I forgot they are on patrol.......!

tps://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/sci-fi-dine-in-theater/

Seems the Disney website is also now saying that it requires two adult table service entitlements. DH emailed guest services to find out what the deal really is. He is not just upset about how it looks like it will affect us, he's upset for all the people with small children on the kids dining plan that may have the same issue with this dining experience we possibly will have.

There is no way that they are charging children 3-9 on the dining plan adult credits. that would make no sense whatsoever. That would mean that you are in effect being forced to pay a surcharge for children to do this meal on the dining plan, as those paying OOP will pay the child price.

You should also realize that the Disney website should not be considered an accurate source of information (it's currently saying that ALL character dining is excluded completely from the dining plan, which is not the case), and neither should the WDW-DINE phone agents...that doesn't leave much.

I just called Disney dining and was told the website is undergoing enhancements and some info is showing up weird. I told the CM that their website is stating that each person will be charged 2 adult credits. She put me on hold and went and looked at it. When she came back she said that the website does say that but that it is incorrect. Children will be charged 2 child credits and adults will be charged 2 adult credits.

I'm not going to worry about it anymore because I don't think there is anyway Disney would make you use adult credits for children. That just doesn't make any sense!

Just got off phone with Angela at WDW-dine and yes children are being charged two adult table service credits for the Star Wars meals. She didn't seem happy to have to tell me that either. Guess that means an 8:25 on May 26 for 4 is about to open up if anyone wants it. As DH just said "what a rip for those wig small children!":scared1:

We had breakfast there on may 4th and adults were charged as adults and kids as kids. 2 credits each.

I can't find the post to quote from the person who said they had gotten the shrimp & grits as an "extra".

If you were getting only this as an entree, is portion size reasonable? How many shrimp were on the plate?

This is the entree that interests me the most, but I'm afraid it won't be enough food. Thanks in advance!

it's a 2 credit meal but it's not 2 adult credits. Children are charged children credits, adults are charged adult credits

Just reporting since the question is coming up again. I believe Mom2of2 has the inside scoop, so we can trust her word!

I can't find the post to quote from the person who said they had gotten the shrimp & grits as an "extra".

If you were getting only this as an entree, is portion size reasonable? How many shrimp were on the plate?

This is the entree that interests me the most, but I'm afraid it won't be enough food. Thanks in advance!

There are 6-9 shrimp with the grits. Trust me when I say there is soooo much food!!! most pple are barely able to finish their entrees

Can you give any more details about that? Sounds like fun and I know my 11 year old would really be into it. What sort of things do they trade? Pins? What should we have one hand to trade? Thanks!

No, don't trade your pins with a JAWA. We traded stickers, straws, plastic spoon, a rock..my kids loved trading with them and seeing what kind of stuff they would swap them.

We are there yesterday. A Jawa scared me half to death!!!! It was pretty cool. I had the French Toast. WAY too sweet, but it was a nice breakfast. Atmosphere was awesome. We traded a quarter for a paper clip. The kids loved it. Wish I could post pictures

We had breakfast here on Fri 5/9. We had an 8 AM ADR so were among the first seated. We did enjoy it & had plenty of food. In fact, we didn't even touch the pastries. The CM brought the pastries right as we sat. We knew what we wanted to order thanks to this thread & because it was so early, the food was brought right out. We were getting settled, fixing our coffee & checking out the clips so we hadn't started the pastries yet when the fruit cup came. And we barely finished that when our entrees came. I was pleasantly surprised with the fruit cup. I normally don't like cantaloupe or honeydew, but this was pretty good. Those fruits were mild & did not over power everything else. We both had the stuffed French toast. The strawberries made the dish for me. It isn't something I would go out of my way for, but it was very good. And thanks Mom2of2 for all the info. Thanks to you, we knew we could ask for bacon & that was great too!

Liked the photo op with Darth Vader & Boba Fett. I traded with the Jawas: got a Disney resort pen for a rubber band. Not a bad deal! :rotfl2: We saw all the characters, but we didn't hang around or dawdle after eating since it was 8:45 & we headed to TSMM. We enjoyed the clips . I would do this again. I just wish Disney would explain the photo downloads better. We expected to get an actual picture. I am not tech savvy. We stopped at the Photopass shop on our way out to get out picture. We were just told to download it at home. I haven't tried it yet so I hope I can do it. I really want that picture!

Is this something new they are doing or only certain times?? We are going in Nov my boys would LOVE this!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter