Stalking DISers.... continue here

Pic of the girls waiting for Phiharmagic on day 1

017-1.jpg

Lexi with her favorite character (although she screamed the whole time we were on the stitch ride the first time- yet her favorite ride in all of WDW was TOT, go figure)

026-1.jpg

Rags - can't see the photos... :confused3 :guilty:

Hey!
Yes, I am lurking Kari! =)
Actually I'm sitting here in Baton Rouge waiting for the power to go out. Gustav just hit and the winds and rain are really picking up. I'm more nervous for this hurricane than I was for any other b/c now it's not just me that I'm worried about... It's a whole new set of worries when you have a baby!

Just pray for us!!!!

Emerson isn't yet sitting up---I have a feeling that child will crawl before she sits up! She's so "all over the place"... she's little miss get into everything!!!! She's five months now! I can't believe it!

They grow so so so fast!

I'll have to post more pictures soon... I've been a slacker on that end!

Renee... that pic of Dana is way too grown up! Toss the heels and get her a pink dress with ribbons and lace! :lmao:

Courtney... I know what you mean about being more scared now that you have a baby to worry about. We had one come through when Tucker was about 4 or 5 months old. We wanted to leave, but the roads were so blocked that we couldn't. Everyone from the coast was coming inland, but the storm was coming straight in, so they were advising people not to stop until about 1 1/2 hours west of us. We were to scared of being caught in the car in traffic when it hit to go anywhere. Turned out it was OK here, although towns a bit east of us looked like New Orleans did... roof tops sticking out. Luckily, Gustav has come in quite a bit weaker than originally thought. Let us know how you are when you can.

Rags... try those pics again!

Rags - Great photo of the three poncho girls! :goodvibes
Hope it didn't rain for your whole trip!

Courtney - be safe and let us know how things turn out.

Kari - I know - I miss those "baby bonnet" days. :cutie: She starts SOPHOMORE YEAR on Wednesday!!! :eek:

Hi mandy... you lurking?? Wynn's cousin has just moved to Nashville, and you could very well run into him. His name is Jason Cope, and he plays guitar for Jamie Jamison (I think that is right!) Right now they are touring a bit... Pennsylvania now, and Raleigh next weekend. Check him out if you get a chance!

Courtney... everything alrigt at your house?

We dealt with Hanna last night. That was the oddest storm I have ever seen! The rain bands were torrential rain at times, but no thunder, lightening, or wind. Then the eye came through this AM with strong wind, but not a drop of rain. Raleigh, at 2 hours inland, got more rain than the coast where it made landfall! Just very strange!

Renee... How was school? Dana think she will like her teachers this year?

Kari... Glad youguys made it thru okay... I spoke with my nephew who lives in Goldsboro and he said he slept thru it.. that it wasn't to bad... but he is young...foolish...me I would have been a nervous wreck..... atleast I know that him, his wife and the baby are okay...

Courtney.... did your house make it thru with no damage?....

Maggie came home for the day yesterday with some friends... it was nice to see her... her friends are nice. She is having a few roommate issues... seems the roommate brings a boy back to the room EVERY NIGHT... Maggies friends really want her to say something to the roommate and I gave her some advice on to how to handle it but we can't be there to take care of all their battles... although this one shouldn't be to bad as the roommates family lives about 1/4 mile away....I want her to handle it first... she is getting really involved in classes and enjoying them very much....

Daniel is off to a roaring start.... the poor kid has such a hard schedule.... he was moved a head a grade in math and science, he is in honors English and Honors History, Leadership group and Spanish 3... he is reading Catcher and the Rye this weekend... has a 2 page essay to write on the first few chapters.. then pages of history and math.... I am so glad he understands it all because that math looks like a foreign language to me.... He also is busy with marching band and varsity golf..... for some reason golf is a fall sport here.... he is doing well... gold medal in his first two matches...

Daniel turns 16 in January and I am trying to plan a surprise trip to WDW for him... has anyone ever stayed at the Carribean Beach? I want to do the dining plan - as it should be my last big party before my surgery.... so we want to stay at a Disney owned hotel rather than SOG... we love Coronado but it is booked except for club level... got to tell you AAA gave us the best price by several hundreds of dollars... anyway... anyone have any thoughts... they also have open the French Quarter and POR... we have stayed at FQ before... it will be Daniel, his friend Landon, my mom and myself....POP is also available....

Well I have to go get the boy up... he is helping with a can drive this morning... have a great day everyone....

Good mornign all... well I did it... booked our January trip.... I am sooooooo excited. We are staying at the Carribean Beach, with dining 6 nights, 7 days... all ready have reservations for California Grill for Daniels birthday... we told him about the trip... he was able to invite a friend ....airline tickets are purchased... yeah!!!! So other places the two boys have picked out are Cape May Clam Bake, O'Hana's, Chef Mickey and Boma.... alll buffets... wouldn't be my choice but for teenage boys I guess its not such a bad thing....also just rejoined TGM... need to know those best days... has anyone ever been at the end of January? The Superbowl is the weekend we leave... I don't think it will impact us to much...

Hope all of you who live in the Ike's path are safe.....

Wendy

Courtney: Hope the power is back on and everything is fine!:thumbsup2

Kari: Dana is enjoying school - just finished the first full week. HEAVY Homework load, however. She's up until 10pm every night. The thing she's happiest about is that her best friend is in her lunch period and in gym and Chemistry, and then she has a good friend in Geometry and a good friend in History. So, being a 15 year old girl, you KNOW how important that is!!!:hippie:

Wendy: good for you! Always nice to have a trip to look forward to!!! :cool1:

I was offered a little part time job with the other Catholic School in town... they asked me to play and sing for their First Friday liturgies, so I said yes. The priest was so nice - he said, "I didn't even care if you could sing, when I saw the way you interacted with those kids I said I HAVE TO HAVE HER HERE!" That was a nice compliment. So, I'm back to work, although it is only about twice a month of actual 'work'. :goodvibes

SO.... how is everyone?! :surfweb: We've been rather quiet!! :rotfl:

First month of "sophomore year" under our belt... Research paper in English due in a few weeks... "Homecoming" is this Saturday - for a 15 year old girl, it's "all about the dance", NOT the "football game". :lmao:

Getting ready to cover the pool on Friday. Always my saddest day of the year. :guilty:

Heading to Manhattan overnight in a few weeks to celebrate our 22nd Anniversary and to see "GYPSY" on Broadway! Can't wait to see Patti LuPone and Laura Benanti in person. (we actually saw Laura Benanti in community theatre when she was a teenager. lol) Really looking forward to it. :cool1:

I'm busy as all get out. I'm pulling 12 hours of school, 25 hours a week of work usually, plus balancing concerts that I go to and working with artists if I can. So when I'm off I'm sleeping. :rotfl:

SO.... how is everyone?! :surfweb: We've been rather quiet!! :rotfl:

First month of "sophomore year" under our belt... Research paper in English due in a few weeks... "Homecoming" is this Saturday - for a 15 year old girl, it's "all about the dance", NOT the "football game". :lmao:

Getting ready to cover the pool on Friday. Always my saddest day of the year. :guilty:

Heading to Manhattan overnight in a few weeks to celebrate our 22nd Anniversary and to see "GYPSY" on Broadway! Can't wait to see Patti LuPone and Laura Benanti in person. (we actually saw Laura Benanti in community theatre when she was a teenager. lol) Really looking forward to it. :cool1:

Crazy busy here.... both with work and the kids... yes even Maggie... she has had a stretch of bad luck... she was involved in a hit and run accident last week... she was at a stop sign and was hit from behind which caused her to go into the truck infront of her... the guy that hit her took off (there was rear end damage and witnessess)... her car slide under the truck in front of her... tons of damage to her car but not his truck.... she is okay... the car not so much... and get this... the police gave HER a ticket for following to closely.... can you believe it... DH is fighting it....

Daniel is crazy busy with all the honors classess he is in.... tons of work.. he also found out he broke the Varisty Golf school record this week... as a sophomore... so he is pretty excited....this past weekend he was off on a trip with the band....

I have been busy planning our January trip... was excited to see about the birthday celebrations as we will be there on Daniels 16th birthday....

DH was promoted at work - which means more hours along with more money....

I have been busy with work... not good busy... just cleaning up problems....

Hope everyone is well.... I miss you all.........

I'm busy as all get out. I'm pulling 12 hours of school, 25 hours a week of work usually, plus balancing concerts that I go to and working with artists if I can. So when I'm off I'm sleeping. :rotfl:

Sleep is a good thing! lol
:cloud9:

Crazy busy here.... both with work and the kids... yes even Maggie... she has had a stretch of bad luck... she was involved in a hit and run accident last week... she was at a stop sign and was hit from behind which caused her to go into the truck infront of her... the guy that hit her took off (there was rear end damage and witnessess)... her car slide under the truck in front of her... tons of damage to her car but not his truck.... she is okay... the car not so much... and get this... the police gave HER a ticket for following to closely.... can you believe it... DH is fighting it....

Daniel is crazy busy with all the honors classess he is in.... tons of work.. he also found out he broke the Varisty Golf school record this week... as a sophomore... so he is pretty excited....this past weekend he was off on a trip with the band....

I have been busy planning our January trip... was excited to see about the birthday celebrations as we will be there on Daniels 16th birthday....

DH was promoted at work - which means more hours along with more money....

I have been busy with work... not good busy... just cleaning up problems....

Hope everyone is well.... I miss you all.........

Yikes! :eek: Thankfully Maggie was ok - UNDER THE TRUCK. How scary!
Good luck on fighting the ticket. grrrr:headache:

Congratulations to Daniel on his golf record and DH on his promotion! More hours, not so good, More MONEY - Good! :goodvibes

Hope things settle down for you at work,Wendy! :hug:

Sleep is a good thing! lol
:cloud9:

Yikes! :eek: Thankfully Maggie was ok - UNDER THE TRUCK. How scary!
Good luck on fighting the ticket. grrrr:headache:

Congratulations to Daniel on his golf record and DH on his promotion! More hours, not so good, More MONEY - Good! :goodvibes

Hope things settle down for you at work,Wendy! :hug:

Renee.....you are up way to early.... posting at 5 AM........

Renee.....you are up way to early.... posting at 5 AM........

:lmao: Actually, the time stamp must be off just a little. I get Dana up at 5:45 :eek: and log onto the computer.
It kills me, because I am a night owl - NOT a morning person at all!! :rolleyes1

Hey Friends!! Sorry I've been away so long!

Wendy - I'm glad Maggie is OK. We have been to Disney in January. In 06 we went Jan 21 - Jan 28. It was wonderful. The weather was great and the crowds were non-existant!

Kari - Glad to hear that you weathered Hannah well.

Renee - I hope Dana has a great time during homecoming...the game and the dance! I'm sorry you are closing your pool tomorrow...I'm sure it is a sad day.

Mandy - Wow you sound so busy! Make sure to take care of yourself.

Looks like we are pretty definate for a "four-peat" this June... I had booked two rooms (my parents have expressed an interest in joining us) for a rate of $249 a night to make sure I held the dates we wanted, but just got off the phone now and the MetLife employee rates are now available and I have $129 a night. :cool1: We'll have to watch for flights and see what type of tickets to purchase - we have some leftover days and I think we will truly do this trip "low key/favorites only". The Dolphin is so pretty, it would be nice to actually ENJOY the resort for a change. :goodvibes

Looks like we are pretty definate for a "four-peat" this June... I had booked two rooms (my parents have expressed an interest in joining us) for a rate of $249 a night to make sure I held the dates we wanted, but just got off the phone now and the MetLife employee rates are now available and I have $129 a night. :cool1: We'll have to watch for flights and see what type of tickets to purchase - we have some leftover days and I think we will truly do this trip "low key/favorites only". The Dolphin is so pretty, it would be nice to actually ENJOY the resort for a change. :goodvibes

That sounds great!! What a wonderful rate!! You will have fun.

We are going 5/23 - 5/31...staying at Pop again and we are flying. I booked the package 2 weeks ago and we booked plane tickets last Sunday night. My sister is giving me and Paul our tickets for Christmas so we only had to purchase 2. The girls get out of school on 5/21. Alyssa will graduate from kindergarten on 5/19 so this will be her graduation trip...ha!!!

Speaking of school they got their first 9 weeks report cards this week and Amanda had A B Honor Roll!!! We were so excited. She is doing so well at her new school. We are proud of her...she's back to making grades that we know she can make! As an incentive last year we told her for A B honor roll she would get an email account and for straight As she would get texting. Well now she has email and says she's getting texting next grading period...I hope she does. It's such a different environment at this school. Since there are only a few students in each grade they get more individual attention and they are more competitive with grades. We are so happy with our decision to move her!

How is school going for Dana, Maggie, Daniel, Tucker, Avery and you too Mandy?

Yeah..... we might be going in June also.... Mom says she might want to do another girls trip..... have to wait and get thru this Januaryt rip first.... thats a great rate.... they offer that rate to military as well.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter