SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I own at SSR, but I've never stayed there. That might change, because my family is considering doing huge trip with our extended family, likely around the 50th Anniversary.

Ignoring how many points I have (we're in the process of adding-on), how difficult would you think it would be to get six studios all in close proximity, all for the same week? I know the resort is large, but I don't know if that's even a feasible thing to hope for, much less expect.

I can't speak for SSR directly. But maybe 4 years ago we stayed at CSR spread over 3 rooms, admittedly we booked them together & the cast member at booking linked the 3 separate reservations. We did nothing special other than to request them adjoining on our booking, we did OLCI as usual - we arrived to be given 3 consecutive rooms.

So, my assumptions is that it will be something they at least consider. You might forgo your chances of a prime spot but I am sure they will work with you if they can.

I own at SSR, but I've never stayed there. That might change, because my family is considering doing huge trip with our extended family, likely around the 50th Anniversary.

Ignoring how many points I have (we're in the process of adding-on), how difficult would you think it would be to get six studios all in close proximity, all for the same week? I know the resort is large, but I don't know if that's even a feasible thing to hope for, much less expect.
Each building has 24 studios in it, so there's at least some possibility that they could get you all in the same building. Even so, you probably won't be on the same floor. The 1st floor has 7 studios, the 2nd has 6. Other floors have less. There probably aren't good chances that every studio on a floor would be open on the same day.

Thanks, everyone! Trying to do what I can to make a trip with 16 people a little less expensive for my generous Dad. :)

Hi all-
I've seen conflicting reports of SSR 1 BR occupancy---do these sleep 4 or 5? We are currently 2 adults and 2 children but my mother may join us for part of the trip. We are planning to book through WDW (cash ressie) since we are not DVC (yet ;)). TIA!

Hi all-
I've seen conflicting reports of SSR 1 BR occupancy---do these sleep 4 or 5? We are currently 2 adults and 2 children but my mother may join us for part of the trip. We are planning to book through WDW (cash ressie) since we are not DVC (yet ;)). TIA!
It is my understanding that the occupancy is 4 if paying cash thru Disney. If it is a DVC reservation they will allow 5 but you must provide towels sheets blankets pillow and of course the bed (air mattress) for the 5th person. It does make the room very very tight when the mattress is out in the middle of the floor

Hi all-
This actually came up in my visit last April. My sister in law was given the room from a dvc member who paid cash for the room. I had my room on points. She was only given 4 bands and we were given 5. When she asked why, the reason was cash reservations only allow 4 per room.

I cannot locate the thread again on the various SSR transportation types, suggestions, times, etc. Can someone please post it for me? Thanks

We're at SSR--our first stay--and it won't be our last. Love it here! We have a beautiful water-view room, the grounds are gorgeous, and the bus transportation has been aces. We usually stay at WL, but didn't want to deal with the construction.

Thanks to everyone on this thread! So helpful.

To a PP who asked about water views: We requested this at check-in, and they were able to accommodate us. There are many, many water-view rooms on the property.

We're at SSR--our first stay--and it won't be our last. Love it here! We have a beautiful water-view room, the grounds are gorgeous, and the bus transportation has been aces. We usually stay at WL, but didn't want to deal with the construction.

Thanks to everyone on this thread! So helpful.

To a PP who asked about water views: We requested this at check-in, and they were able to accommodate us. There are many, many water-view rooms on the property.

Would you be able to let me know what section/room range you are in? I currently have a request in for a Disney Springs water view but my wife thinks I should change it to request The Springs section. We love Downtown Disney and I thought the location I requested would be best since we could take a 10 minute walk to get to our favorite places. The downside is the walk to the main pool & Artist's Palette will also be 10 minutes.

Would you be able to let me know what section/room range you are in? I currently have a request in for a Disney Springs water view but my wife thinks I should change it to request The Springs section. We love Downtown Disney and I thought the location I requested would be best since we could take a 10 minute walk to get to our favorite places. The downside is the walk to the main pool & Artist's Palette will also be 10 minutes.

We're in the Paddock section. Our water view is of one of the lakes here, not the river. Congress Park is the closest to Disney Springs, BTW. We've walked to DS several times, and it's about 20 minutes from here. Takes about 10 minutes to get to the Artist's Palette. The distances haven't bothered us at all, and in fact the walking here is quite pleasant. But that's us. You might not want to walk. If you don't, you can just take a bus. Very easy.

The Paddock has its own large pool, btw, as well as a splash pool, QS restaurant (limited selection), and laundry. HTH!

We are staying for the first time in SSR for 15 nights at the beginning of April. We land late from the UK so will probably get a taxi from the airport. Once checked in at Carriage House, do you have to walk with all your luggage to your studio or are there carts to transport you / your luggage? Many thanks

We are staying for the first time in SSR for 15 nights at the beginning of April. We land late from the UK so will probably get a taxi from the airport. Once checked in at Carriage House, do you have to walk with all your luggage to your studio or are there carts to transport you / your luggage? Many thanks

They transport you and your luggage to your room when you check in (and I assume, when you check out, although we haven't checked out yet!).

If you are going to be getting a taxi & taking your luggage yourself, provided that bell services are there they will put you & your luggage in a golf cart or van & take you to your room - you usually tip $1 a bag, I think. But you do need to approach bell services & request that, usually at check they will point you in their direction, it isn't automatic & you can walk your cases yourself if you wish to do so.

I have no idea what time bell services operate, it may be 24/7 I am not sure. But if they are not there when you arrive I would assume you would have to carry your luggage yourself.

When you arrive in the taxi, bell services will unload your luggage for you and hold it while you check in. When you're ready, they'll take you to your room in a golf cart or van.

I cannot locate the thread again on the various SSR transportation types, suggestions, times, etc. Can someone please post it for me? Thanks
It's post #2 of this thread. Click the link at the bottom of the page to go to page 1.

For veterans staying at Congress Park, who walks to Disney Springs and takes advantage of the buses there for transportation more than the SSR buses ?

Last edited:
Yes, you can do that. Disney Springs is essentially a park (at least for the Disney Transportation system) so you can catch a bus there to any other resort

This is such a helpful thread! We will be staying at SSR this April for the first time, meeting up with my sister and her family. My sister is an RCI owner and I was able to rent points so we could be in the same resort.

We are trying to pick our room request and I've read page 1 of this thread, as well as other SSR reviews, and I still have a question: is there still an issue with the Springs section being able to get on the buses to the parks, since they're the last stop? The reviews and threads I saw complaining of this seemed a bit old so I was hoping maybe Disney transport has worked out the kinks?

We've thought about our priorities and would like to be near a feature pool and a QS restaurant, so Springs or Paddock fit the bill-- but my sister is worried about getting assigned a far Paddock room while I am worried about the buses being too full in the mornings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter