• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We had one quick night at SSR earlier this month and I liked it a lot, so we're staying for a few days in May (just DH and I). We have a studio reservation on points. We were in the grandstand area last time, and I liked that spot a lot, but may put in a request for the Paddock just to try something different.

I'm wondering if the SSR food court has any special items that we should try out. (like POFQ has beignets and AKL has zebra domes). I just want to find all the hidden great spots at SSR. We are traveling without park tickets, so enjoying Disney Springs and the resorts are at the top of our list.

Congrats on the upcoming stay...
We love it here, for different reasons than other resorts...We also just stayed at the Grandstand. The first night they had us in the furthest paddock bldg. right across from the Carousel...*( I only had 1 request when we booked ) Close to Carriage house. The next morning they moved us to the Grandstand bldg. It was the 1st next to the portico. very convenient..I'd imagine that the 2 paddock bldgs closer to the center would've been fine for us. Maybe you'll get one of those.

Not sure about hidden treats at the Artist Palette, but the Turf Club is definitely a hidden gem for sure....We've had some very good meals here every time, and the Prime Rib, is delicious!:thumbsup2

This might be answered somewhere in these 41 pages of posts but I'm not reading through them all to find out. We're staying here for the 1st time in July. 7 adults in a 2BR. I've rented a mini van due to concerns about the bus transportation to/from SSR. It seems it has become fashionable for non-resort guests to bus to SSR then walk to DS which causes buses to fill quickly. Is this true or just a few cranky people complaining? Should I stick with my van and drive to the parks?

Can anyone tell me approximate driving times from SSR to each of the 4 main parks? We leave in 2 days and I'd like to have an idea of when we need to leave each morning. Thank you!

This might be answered somewhere in these 41 pages of posts but I'm not reading through them all to find out. We're staying here for the 1st time in July. 7 adults in a 2BR. I've rented a mini van due to concerns about the bus transportation to/from SSR. It seems it has become fashionable for non-resort guests to bus to SSR then walk to DS which causes buses to fill quickly. Is this true or just a few cranky people complaining? Should I stick with my van and drive to the parks?

I think this use to be an issue but it was more people parked at DS then got a bus to the parks from SSR to save parking fees. But now that the parking at Disney Springs is a little further away I don't think people do this as much. I haven't noticed it recently. I find with the buses it is more important what bus stop you get on at. I like The Grandstand or The Paddock. Anything but The Springs! This is the last bus stop so is full by the time it get there.

Hello!! Thank you for all the wonderful information. This will be our first time staying at SSR and I know nothing but what Ive read on these forums about the resort layout. Needing some advice on best location/request to use for online check in to get the best location for our situation. It will be two adults no kids and we have a one bedroom villa. My husband has had 3 back surgeries in 2016 with the last two being Nov 2016. I am wanting to get us in the best location of the resort for ease and comfort of getting around. While he will do some walking etc at the parks, we will be taking it at a much slower pace this trip. He's had such a horrible time I want this to be as pleasant and relaxing a trip as it can be for him. I'm curious to know how far it is from Congress Park Building 2101-2436 to the Carriage House/food area and then headed the other way to Disney Springs. By map, it doesn't appear far (less than 1/4 mile??)?? How is the Grandstand area? Looks like building 8501-8836 may be idea for us (requesting close to main building). What's the distance to Disney springs if he were to be up for a walk over from Grandstand? Sorry for all the questions. Looking forward to being there in just a little over a month!! Thank you all in advance!!

This was also more of an issue returning to the resort at night with everyone hitching a ride to Downtown Disney. Now they have direct to Disney Springs busses at the parks which operate 4:00pm to close so that has removed some of the issue as well. We just stayed there and the busses were never too terrible. It was marathon week so it was a pretty busy week. We used the busses more than our car.

UnTrue...At least not when we stayed... And we were there for Marathon weekend in Nov.2016...And also stayed 1 night in Nov. 2011

Me personally, I wouldn't drive.....I love to let WDW do the driving:car: While I sit back and R E L A X....:cloud9:

Can anyone tell me approximate driving times from SSR to each of the 4 main parks? We leave in 2 days and I'd like to have an idea of when we need to leave each morning. Thank you!
I'd say:
to AK- around 14-15 mins
to MK- 9 mins
to HS- 7 mins
to EP- 7 mins

How long does it take to get to each of the parks from the time you get on the bus at the Grandstand? Trying to gauge how much time is spent stopping at all of the internal stops.

Thanks

We have an upcoming split stay with one night in a standard one-bedroom villa at SSR then off to AKV. It'll be our first time staying here and I'm super excited (just went through all the pics from the SSR pics thread). From what I understand, if we want to be close to Disney Springs, the best place to request is Paddock? I'll be with DH, DS5 and DD3. Is there anything else we need to know for room requests at SSR?

I have a couple questions. This is our first time staying in a two bedroom villa and our first time at Saratoga Springs. Does each room have access to the balcony? Or is it only accessible from the living area? Do most of the two bedrooms now have 2 queen size beds in the second bedroom or are they 50/50 between that and a queen bed and pullout?

How long does it take to get to each of the parks from the time you get on the bus at the Grandstand? Trying to gauge how much time is spent stopping at all of the internal stops.

Thanks
We stayed in the Grandstand, but we never got on at their bus stop...We'd walk maybe 3 , 4 mins to the main bldg. to fill up w/ coffee & a snack before catching the bus right then & there...Upon returning though it was very convenient to get off at the 1st stop...

Sry this doesn't help you very much:confused3

I have a couple questions. This is our first time staying in a two bedroom villa and our first time at Saratoga Springs. Does each room have access to the balcony? Or is it only accessible from the living area? Do most of the two bedrooms now have 2 queen size beds in the second bedroom or are they 50/50 between that and a queen bed and pullout?
If you have a dedicated 2 bedroom, there are 2 queen beds. If you have a lock off you have a queen bed and a pull out.
I do not remember balcony access.

First time saying at SSR in a couple days. Does anyone know if artist's palette has freestyle machines like POFQ?
Thanks.

I have a request in for a points rental of a preferred studio at SS for marathon weekend next year! It will be our first DVC stay if it comes thru. The trip will be me, DD27, and my sister and brother in law. This was the plan last year too but I waited till 7 months and couldn't get anything. Taking no chances this year and booking at 11 months! Is it possible to request which preferred area we get? We aren't doing park tickets so would love to be in CP to make walks to Disney Springs easier. How far of a walk is it to a drink refill station from CP? DD27 and I always get refillable mugs on running trips to stay hydrated. We always more than get our money's worth out of them. Or if we get Springs and are closer to a drink station, how far of a walk is it to Disney Springs? Another question- how many towels do the studios come with? With 4 adults running races I anticipate a lot of showers, lol. If I opt for the daily towel exchange, can I request a certain number of towels? Thanks in advance! I've been following this thread for over a year and it is full of great info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter