SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

To add on....so my son is autistic and I worry that making multiple stops could upset or confuse him. If that ends up being the case, our best option would be to walk to the Springs bus stop when we want to go to the park? And then when returning, hop off at the Grandstand? Or at the very least Carousel.

And more bus questions...sorry these are probably dumb....

Are the buses just labeled with which park they are headed to or what? We haven't been to WDW since 2012 when we stayed at Pop Century and I feel like there were different queues for each park. But maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly since my memory is awful.

Are the buses just labeled with which park they are headed to or what? We haven't been to WDW since 2012 when we stayed at Pop Century and I feel like there were different queues for each park. But maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly since my memory is awful.
The buses are clearly labeled as they pull up. It works very differently than Pop at the deluxe resorts, there’s no queues and just one common waiting area per stop. First come first served is enforced by politeness and a sense of shame, not chains. This works just fine 97.2% of the time, every once in a while there’s an ****** who can’t wait or a person who needed to sit who gets left behind.

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside back in 2008 and too often there were rude people who would jump ahead of people who had already been waiting longer. I actually liked the organized queues at Pop because of our bad experience with rude people at POR. Hopefully that won't be the case once we start staying Deluxe!

We did once visit Wilderness Lodge to walk around (I think this is the only deluxe I've seen in person) in the afternoon and while we didn't encounter anyone rude, we did end up waiting for the bus for what seemed like decades.

To add on....so my son is autistic and I worry that making multiple stops could upset or confuse him. If that ends up being the case, our best option would be to walk to the Springs bus stop when we want to go to the park? And then when returning, hop off at the Grandstand? Or at the very least Carousel.
Just remember that if you are getting on the buses at the Springs, as it's the last stop, then very often the buses are full with standing room only.

Just remember that if you are getting on the buses at the Springs, as it's the last stop, then very often the buses are full with standing room only.

Oh. I hadn't even thought of that. I have RA and would really struggle with standing on moving buses, I think. Is that common even at less busy times of the day? Or mostly early/late?

Oh. I hadn't even thought of that. I have RA and would really struggle with standing on moving buses, I think. Is that common even at less busy times of the day? Or mostly early/late?
Definitely more common in the AM/PM mid day not so much. If you're going to a park in the morning at open, I'd almost guarantee by the time the bus gets to the springs its standing room only. So if rope dropping, I'd choose the bus stop where you are staying.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, for sure. I don't see us rope dropping though. We never have. We also never stay until close. But maybe we'll luck out and our son will be just fine with the multiple stops.

Just to let everyone know, as of yesterday 5/9 the Paddock pool is closed for refurbishment. Not sure if they are fixing a quick maintenance problem or not but everything seemed fine until it was closed thr next day.

Just to let everyone know, as of yesterday 5/9 the Paddock pool is closed for refurbishment. Not sure if they are fixing a quick maintenance problem or not but everything seemed fine until it was closed thr next day.
Was this on website or are you there

I am here currently. Actually made my update from High Rock Springs pool
Just left today - we were told it was an 'unplanned maintenance' issue when it when down by a lifeguard on at High Rock.

Which makes sense as they were cutting open the decking when we walked past it - not something you do in May if you don't have to, and the bartender said see you tomorrow when we left the Paddock the day before it closed.

After reading pages and pages on this thread and looking at the map, I’m thinking requesting our room be in the 8500-8800 building of the grandstand (we have a 1 bedroom standard booked). My thought process is my kids will want the pools with the slides, I want to be the first bus stop (I don’t mind walking farther as long as we are first) and I don’t think that would put us crazy far from the DS boat. We are going in the end of August so pools are super high on our priority list. Does this seem like a logical choice?
Yes! We like grandstand for all the same reasons. Our recent request for the 8500-8800 worked perfectly! I hope you have the same experience!

Looking for updated info on grocery delivery to the resort. Does it currently go to Bell Services? Will they then deliver it to your room? Thinking of using Walmart delivery.
Thanks

Looking for updated info on grocery delivery to the resort. Does it currently go to Bell Services? Will they then deliver it to your room? Thinking of using Walmart delivery.
Thanks
Yes and Yes. You'll likely have a $6 charge (plus what you tip) for the delivery from bell services.

Thanks
Just to add. If your there at your room or pool they will deliver right to your building, and you meet them out front rather than bell services. We do this with Instacart to get alcohol delivered with the food.

Do any of you have any experience with requesting from the resort a high chair for the dining table? If that's a thing they offer, can you request it ahead of arrival, or is that something you request at the front desk upon arrival?
Thanks, Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter