Spring Discounts

black562

DIS Veteran
May want to keep a lookout tomorrow (December 28) for a possible discount drop. Rumors are hazy, but looking like stays between April 1 - 8 and April 21 - June 22, 2017. Could be some kind of meal plan such as free dining or Stay/Play/Dine, but we shall see. As usual, I would expect more restrictive than in the past.

The actual rumor is for free dining, values and moderates receiving the quick service plan, and deluxe receiving regular dining. Minimum 4 nights, max 14. Minimum 2 day ticket with add-on required.

Again, this is what I'm seeing, but S/P/D makes much more sense and would still fall in line with most of that criteria. We shall see.

Remember, as with any rumor, things may change or it may be totally wrong. Always unofficial until it becomes official.

Fingers crossed everyone!

I don't think I have ever done s/p/d - is it usually a significantly better savings than a room discount? FD would be an awesome surprise.

I don't think I have ever done s/p/d - is it usually a significantly better savings than a room discount? FD would be an awesome surprise.

It would be, not holding my breath, but the source, as in the past, is a good one.

Just saw your post on Facebook. Definitely hoping for this!

Honestly if it was from someone else I might not even have put it on my radar but when I saw the rumor stemmed from you I got really excited! Looking forward to checking out the site in the morning!

The add-on was that you purchase Park Hoppers, right?

If you book with a discount like this, can you later lower the number of days without losing the overall discount?

Regards,
C.

I was following this thread yesterday, and saw that there were a couple of people looking for a RO discount like I was - saw this today so wanted to share...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-incentive-package/

I think that there were other new ones too but not sure of details...

Interesting, well I'm glad I got my pincode back in October. This was ok, but of course 30% is better. I can see that last ticket day being free would add up if you have a family of 4, especially with kids 10+.

Interesting, well I'm glad I got my pincode back in October. This was ok, but of course 30% is better. I can see that last ticket day being free would add up if you have a family of 4, especially with kids 10+.

I keep hoping for a pin code, but we have to go the week after Easter (traveling with my sister, who's a teacher and that's her spring break), so I'll take whatever discount I can get! It's myself and my two sisters, so the extra ticket is nice but not a huge savings - but again, I'll take what I can get!

If you assign an "average" for a QS meal, like around $17, does that add up to a better discount than using a RO offer for the Value you want and purchasing discounted tickets from an authorized reseller? You have to do the math because there are a lot of variables.
# of adults/kids in the room
room availability and pricing during that time
Do you eat one meal a day or is a QS more like a snack? Can you share meals to extend the value?

It wouldn't be worth it to us because we don't want to stay at a value, again. We'd pass or stay off site.

It wouldn't be worth it for my family. My son isn't old enough to qualify for any type of meal plan, so I'd be looking at $30-35ish savings per day. I can get a better RO discount than that at any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter