Spring Break at Aulani, April 10-15, 2016 Trip Report (in progress)

@happymommy and @cmph , i'm crossing my fingers and toes that DD grows out of some--if not all!--of her allergies like your kids, too!
It might happen, keep the faith!! DH actually had a peanut allergy that he outgrew too, in his 20s!! We've been together since college, and I remember the puffy lips and hives he got when exposed, and mid-20s-ish, just went away. Of course then celiac came a few years after that, not that it's an allergy, just more food restrictions... it's always something here!

I just read our report, so sorry what happened to your DD!!!
It sounds like the waitress did not have enough training regarding food allergy. I have some waitress experiences, and I never was trained how to deal with food allergies at all the places I worked. I know if you never dealt with it, you don't get it... I myself lived without any knowledge of food allergies until our own DD was diagnosed with food allergies. But this is Disney...they advertise they accommodate food allergies. They should provide better training for both kitchen and wait staff! I think you should still write to them...just so that they would improve their system and won't make the same mistake again.

I just feel so bad that you have had another bad luck at Disney dining. :( Our DD has experienced some bad mishaps at other places, but so far not at Disney... we just came back from mini Disney trip, and again our dining experience was good. I really hope your next Disney trip will be truly magical!
pixiedust:

I've been enjoying reading your report so much! In fact I seem to have lost a whole morning hehe. That terrible about what happened to your DD though :( I definitely think you need to follow it up with Disney xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter