Splurge on YC or stay at CBR

astag05

Mouseketeer
Should my family splurge on Yacht Club or keep my AP rate at CBR that saves us about 3,000. We’ve never stayed at either and I’m just trying to get input if YC is worth the additional cost. We will spend quite a few afternoons at the pool and resort. Just looking for others opinions. We are frequent visitors of WDW(normally stay at POR) wanting to try a different resort this stay.
Thanks

I have stayed at CBR 3 times and love it. If you got a good rate that is great, with the addition of the Skyliner, it is even better. I only stayed at the YC once and loved it there. The room size is only slightly larger at the YC.We also have DVC Beach Club as our home resort and this area is awesome to stay at. Now you can walk, take boats or the Skyliner to the Studios and boats and walk to Epcot. If you will be swimming a lot then Stormalong Bay is wonderful. If you are comfortable spending $3000 more I say go for it.

I have stayed at CBR 3 times and love it. If you got a good rate that is great, with the addition of the Skyliner, it is even better. I only stayed at the YC once and loved it there. The room size is only slightly larger at the YC.We also have DVC Beach Club as our home resort and this area is awesome to stay at. Now you can walk, take boats or the Skyliner to the Studios and boats and walk to Epcot. If you will be swimming a lot then Stormalong Bay is wonderful. If you are comfortable spending $3000 more I say go for it.
We've stayed at both and really enjoyed both. YC is great, but in our opinion it is definitely not $3000 better than CBR.

I am a big fan of deluxes and tend to pick them most of the time. YC is nice, SAB is great and the walk to 2 parks is quick and easy. $3000 is better. Stay at CBR.

Are you willing to do a split stay? Something like 4 nights CBR, 2-3 YC? Not sure how long your trip is or your travel party so that might not work for you.

I am a big fan of deluxes and tend to pick them most of the time. YC is nice, SAB is great and the walk to 2 parks is quick and easy. $3000 is better. Stay at CBR.

Are you willing to do a split stay? Something like 4 nights CBR, 2-3 YC? Not sure how long your trip is or your travel party so that might not work for you.
Thanks for the suggestion! I’m going to check into that. We are staying 8 nights. So 4 and 4 would be great!

Normally I'd may say splurge, but 3k is a lot of money. Being able to walk/boat from EPCOT and HS is a huge benefit, but the skyliner is basically the "B" option to that. Other than right in the morning, or park close there usually isn't that much of a line for it. The pool is obviously better at YC but CBRs isn't terrible, and you can easily just hop midday on the skyliner to the Boardwalk area and enjoy all the other amenities of the area as if you were staying at YC.

Honestly, you know your finances and whether or not 3k is a lot for you to splurge. I, personally, wouldn't spend 3k more for YC. I would either opt for a split stay to try both, upgrade my dining options with the 3k like firework viewings or whatever the EPCOT show would be at your time, maybe do a park tour/dining experience like the safari dining, or for 3k I could do a whole other trip later in the year.

For myself, when I want to stay at Crescent Lake, I book Swan/Dolphin for usually less than CBR with their AP rates. But do note you do lose some of the Disney bubble as they lack the Disney theming.

Normally I'd may say splurge, but 3k is a lot of money. Being able to walk/boat from EPCOT and HS is a huge benefit, but the skyliner is basically the "B" option to that. Other than right in the morning, or park close there usually isn't that much of a line for it. The pool is obviously better at YC but CBRs isn't terrible, and you can easily just hop midday on the skyliner to the Boardwalk area and enjoy all the other amenities of the area as if you were staying at YC.

Honestly, you know your finances and whether or not 3k is a lot for you to splurge. I, personally, wouldn't spend 3k more for YC. I would either opt for a split stay to try both, upgrade my dining options with the 3k like firework viewings or whatever the EPCOT show would be at your time, maybe do a park tour/dining experience like the safari dining, or for 3k I could do a whole other trip later in the year.

For myself, when I want to stay at Crescent Lake, I book Swan/Dolphin for usually less than CBR with their AP rates. But do note you do lose some of the Disney bubble as they lack the Disney theming

That's an excellent idea! My first stay in a deluxe was a split stay with All Star. Note-be sure you do CBR first!
Modified it this morning ☺️ Our first resort will be CBR! We check-in in 22 days!!!

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m going to check into that. We are staying 8 nights. So 4 and 4 would be great!
We love split stays and do them all the time. They do have a disadvantage when booking windows for dining come around, but you are inside the booking window so you should be golden!! Enjoy!

We did YC one year and our kids loved Stormalong Bay. We also liked being able to walk to Epcot and I liked walking to HS. The rest of the family didn't mind that walk in the morning but when returning to they took the boat. The next trip we did a split stay to save some money. We stayed at Riverside and then YC. Kids were enjoying their time at Riverside but when we switched to YC they were like why didn't we just stay here the whole time. They definitely liked YC better. We've been doing split stays ever since. But the downfall to that is making the dining & experience reservations. You can only do the days ahead for your first reservation and then wait for the next hotel reservation to complete the rest so you miss out on getting those hard to get reservations even though there for 8/9 days.

You mentioned staying at the resort for a bit of the time. To meYC having balconies makes it an easy choice if the extra cost isn’t an issue. YC is my favorite cost aside. Nothing like sitting out on the balcony with a beverage at night listening to and watching the boat traffic.

Sweettears said it perfectly. I feel that YC is my home away from home whether it’s CL or non CL room. There are so many ways to go, Epcot, HS, Boardwalk, by skyliner, boat or walking. But the balcony is so important especially at night having some wine, beer and watching the Epcot fireworks.

Sweettears said it perfectly. I feel that YC is my home away from home whether it’s CL or non CL room. There are so many ways to go, Epcot, HS, Boardwalk, by skyliner, boat or walking. But the balcony is so important especially at night having some wine, beer and watching the Epcot fireworks.
Don’t forget the bourbon.😉

You mentioned staying at the resort for a bit of the time. To meYC having balconies makes it an easy choice if the extra cost isn’t an issue. YC is my favorite cost aside. Nothing like sitting out on the balcony with a beverage at night listening to and watching the boat traffic.
The balcony is definitely one of the main draws for me. We have a water view booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter