Specialty Cruises

Dancersmom2

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of booking a birthday fireworks cruise for my daughter's 18th birthday and I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with either the Illuminations or Wishes cruise. I can't decide which one would be better, we have seen both Illuminations and Wishes but never from a boat so I'm just not sure which one would be better.

Thanks for any input that anyone would have on this.

We did the Wishes cruise on July 3rd this year and loved it. We did the basic cruise and the music was piped in. There were also snacks and drinks waiting for us when we got on and the captain encouraged us to take extras at the end of the cruise. I would definitely do it again.

I did a Wishes cruise for my x0th birthday ;) and it was awesome. It was just our family of 4, and it was amazing to stretch out without touching any strangers, no kids on shoulders or iPads in front of you, and nobody talking over the music. There were other boats around, but all you could hear was the music and the waves against the boat. It was like being in a bubble--truly magical. Plus getting to see the water pageant right up close was fun!

We don't love Illuminations like we do Wishes, but even if I'm biased toward Wishes, I really don't think the view of Illuminations would be that good. I've watched from outside Epcot and saw where the boats were all jammed up together under the bridge, and it just didn't look nearly as fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter