Southern Caribbean 2014. . . Let's Start the Planning!

Which ship was your first? I've noticed that many people's first ship becomes their favorite even against the newer shinier versions :)

I did Wonder, Dream then Fantasy. Haven't been on the Magic yet. The Wonder is my favorite, then the Fantasy and then the Dream. Beig back on the Wonder feels like being home!

AquaDame said:
We haven't at all... rather bummed that we will never get to see the original magic but slowly coming around and coping! ;)

Don't be. We've seen her change twice from the first time we sailed her in 1998. While I admit there are some changes I miss, infuse long run, each change just made me love her more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Happy I found this thread ! I am on the October 4th sailing. We missed out back in 2006 and was hoping to see another Southern Caribbean cruise .

I really hope that Disney does this cruise again another year. DH and I were booked on it but had to cancel. We decided to build a new home. Dream trip vs dream home and I choose the home, but I still wanna go on the trip soooooooooooooooooooo bad.

My daughter lives in PR and recommends DaHouse. She says there is a nightclub on the first floor and the rooms are priced according to the noise level. She stayed for around $100 and it was quiet.

Thanks so much for this thread. I've been disappointed with my latest cruise as people seem to be on FBI and I really don't want to make that jump. Sailing on the Sept. 20 cruise with my daughter and here family. They are very, very excited to do a vacation without having to fly anywhere. And to see other islands that they would probably have to fly to the U. S. to get there.

You have really convinced me to let Disney make my transportation arrangements from NJ to PR. I hadn't considered how late the ship was leaving.

You have really convinced me to let Disney make my transportation arrangements from NJ to PR. I hadn't considered how late the ship was leaving.

I would gladly let them figure it out for me too - if they didn't want $950 per person for it. :lmao:

Edited to add: I just looked again to make sure I was remembering right (It was actually more so I changed it) but I ALSO noticed that regardless they have us arriving the night before. I might try plugging in different start cities to see how cheap I can make it.. like if I get us to Miami can they get us the second leg in or something. I wonder if there would be any benefit to that...

I really hope that Disney does this cruise again another year. DH and I were booked on it but had to cancel. We decided to build a new home. Dream trip vs dream home and I choose the home, but I still wanna go on the trip soooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Priorities Woman!! Get Your Priorities Right!!

sorry, couldn't resist. I understand having to give up something good to get something even better. Good luck deciding on lights - that was the hardest part of building/decorating our home.

We are on the Oct. 4 sailing. I managed to get the Roy Disney suite as a surprise for my wife and daughter!

My daughter lives in PR and recommends DaHouse. She says there is a nightclub on the first floor and the rooms are priced according to the noise level. She stayed for around $100 and it was quiet.

Thanks so much for this thread. I've been disappointed with my latest cruise as people seem to be on FBI and I really don't want to make that jump. Sailing on the Sept. 20 cruise with my daughter and here family. They are very, very excited to do a vacation without having to fly anywhere. And to see other islands that they would probably have to fly to the U. S. to get there.

Thanks so much for the recommendation, I really appreciate it!

Thanks so much for the recommendation, I really appreciate it!

Hope it works for you.

Now I'm having second second thoughts. I guess I should just take Southwest out of Philly early on the day of my cruise. That will make me awfully nervous though. But having 2 bags would make me happy. I'll probably stay in PR and visit with my kids, even though they will be on the cruise with me. Never can get enough Mom-Mom.:rotfl2:

I know we booked one of these but I can't remember which date! I'll have to look it up.

We have a bunch of other trips before then and a DCL cruise in Oct this yr for the parents' 50th, which I'm still working on for FE, Cakes, magnets...so I can't quite start planning this one yet, but are really looking forward to it.

This is a great bunch of info. Thanks for putting it together.

Can you please ask her about hotels on the beach?

We're booked on the Oct 11th & 18th B2B and can't wait to see all these ports for the first time. Our DD/DSIL is booked on the Oct 11th too.

Our first ship was the Wonder, then Dream, next will be the Fantasy so when we get to this cruise on the Magic we'll have sailed on all four. :thumbsup2

I'll ask her but I think you have to go outside the city to use a beach. Probably would mean renting a car.

Joannel: According to my daughter the El Caribe Hilton has a nice little beach but would have to take a taxi to dock. If you want beach you should stay in Isla Verde or Condado and take a taxi to the ship. Hope this helps.:)

Any chance you'd be willing to share the Excursion company in Barbados and the Island Tour info in St. Lucia with us? And would you go with them again?

Inquiring minds want to know ;)

I don't mind sharing it at all. I just hope I have record of it. I'll go searching now.

In St Lucia we used Cosol Tours. http://http://www.cosol-tours.com/

I was wrong about the wave runners in Barbados. Must have been a different island on a different cruise, LOL. My journal said that we took a DCL excursion. It was a Kayak and Turtle Excursion. It was an awesome experience. Snorkeling with the huge turtles was amazing.

We won't be doing the same this time but would highly recommend either.

Just a heads up. The Oct 11-18 2014 itinerary will be followed by a repositioning 3 night bahamian cruise from San Juan to Cape Canaveral departing 18 Oct 14.
A lot of people on that itinerary, including myself, are adding up the 3 night repo cruise for a total 10 night cruise, adding an extra stop at Castaway Cay. One way flight only to PR :) cruise back to FL.
Also Disney mentioned that those doing B2B itineraries won't have to disenbark on the 18th and will have a designated area on the ship to stay in the time being.
Just something to think about.

Cheers

Thanks for the idea, I did not think about it before. I spent 1.5 hours last night finding the same Veranda room I could book for both the Oct 11 Southern and Oct 18 repo. I finally found the room, unfortunately it is on the 5th floor. I would rather be on the 6th or 7th. I am very happy now to be on a 10 night southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral (at least I am now going to tell myself that). The repo will put me over the hump to Platinum as well.

I hope DCL will let us use the 18th on San Juan as a port day for activities. I want to explore old San Juan again (was there Oct '12 with DCL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter