Southern Caribbean 2014. . . Let's Start the Planning!

We would be flying in from the Upper Midwest and are considering flying into Miami the night before and staying overnight there and then flying to SJU the next day sometime. I can't get a full-day of flights from our starting point that arrive in San Juan until late at night so we can't do a Saturday flight from our home. But maybe we could do a Friday night flight (so could work 1/2 a day, yippee) to Miami and Saturday morning to San Juan, it's only a few hours on that last leg.

Ooh do you happen to know if there are a lot of flights out of Miami typically? We were thinking MCO but can often find cheaper flights to Miami and FLL :scratchin

Just a heads up. The Oct 11-18 2014 itinerary will be followed by a repositioning 3 night bahamian cruise from San Juan to Cape Canaveral departing 18 Oct 14.
A lot of people on that itinerary, including myself, are adding up the 3 night repo cruise for a total 10 night cruise, adding an extra stop at Castaway Cay. One way flight only to PR :) cruise back to FL.
Also Disney mentioned that those doing B2B itineraries won't have to disenbark on the 18th and will have a designated area on the ship to stay in the time being.
Just something to think about.

Cheers

Ooh do you happen to know if there are a lot of flights out of Miami typically? We were thinking MCO but can often find cheaper flights to Miami and FLL :scratchin

Welll. . . I'm just going by statistics for this fall, at the same time so I can't promise next year's flights will be the same but MIA to SJU is 2.5 hours, roughly. Flights on the major carriers nonstop look like they start around 9:35 a.m. and I see the following departure - arrival times for this fall:
9:35 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
3:45 p.m. - 6:25 p.m.
7:20 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

***ETA, this is a Saturday flight schedule, I'm not sure about other days

Welll. . . I'm just going by statistics for this fall, at the same time so I can't promise next year's flights will be the same but MIA to SJU is 2.5 hours, roughly. Flights on the major carriers nonstop look like they start around 9:35 a.m. and I see the following departure - arrival times for this fall:
9:35 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
3:45 p.m. - 6:25 p.m.
7:20 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

If that doesn't change it is encouraging..! :yay: Now 9:30 should be late enough if we need a red eye into miami too... :yay:

Just a heads up. The Oct 11-18 2014 itinerary will be followed by a repositioning 3 night bahamian cruise from San Juan to Cape Canaveral departing 18 Oct 14.
A lot of people on that itinerary, including myself, are adding up the 3 night repo cruise for a total 10 night cruise, adding an extra stop at Castaway Cay. One way flight only to PR :) cruise back to FL.
Also Disney mentioned that those doing B2B itineraries won't have to disenbark on the 18th and will have a designated area on the ship to stay in the time being.
Just something to think about.

Cheers

That would be an awesome way to do it! Alas, can't change my anniversary date. :rolleyes1

Looks like it's possible that I may have to cancel. Will check in until I decide, though.

Southern Caribbean Magic 2014 planning

If you are a geek like me, you love to plan. . . and plan. . . and plan your Disney Vacations. I thought it was time to get this party started and compile info on the 4 2014 Southern Caribbean DCL sailings.

2014 Sail Dates: September 20, 27, October 4, 11
[/B][/I]

Fantastic! Thanks for starting this thread. I won't be doing any planning until next year but I love to see what everyone else is doing. We'll be on the Sept 20th cruise.

We haven't at all... rather bummed that we will never get to see the original magic but slowly coming around and coping! ;)
There's still the Wonder - Mostly the same - but it has been a LONG time since we have been on the Magic.

Theme differences:
Topsiders / Beach Blanket buffet
Beat Street / Route 66
Rocking Bar D / Wavebands
Sessions / Cadillac Lounge
Up Beat / Radar Trap

Art Deco / Art Nouveau

There's still the Wonder - Mostly the same - but it has been a LONG time since we have been on the Magic.

Theme differences:
Topsiders / Beach Blanket buffet
Beat Street / Route 66
Rocking Bar D / Wavebands
Sessions / Cadillac Lounge
Up Beat / Radar Trap

Art Deco / Art Nouveau

Oh yes, we will sail her twice before her dry dock too, but I know the magic has always had a special place in many people's hearts just as it is too!

Oh yes, we will sail her twice before her dry dock too, but I know the magic has always had a special place in many people's hearts just as it is too!

Which ship was your first? I've noticed that many people's first ship becomes their favorite even against the newer shinier versions :)

Which ship was your first? I've noticed that many people's first ship becomes their favorite even against the newer shinier versions :)

Our first Disney Cruise was this April on the Dream. She will always have a special place in my heart for sure but I'm an equal opportunity Disney vacation lover. Any day with Disney is better than a day not with Disney.

So far we have only been on two - the Dream and then the Fantasy... Fantasy blew her out of the water, sad to say! We loved Satellite Falls way too much and having the extra three nights on her didn't hurt either. :laughing:

Any day with Disney is better than a day not with Disney.

So true

Fantasy blew her out of the water, sad to say!

We haven't been on the Fantasy yet, but my family has and they loved it.

If you've only been on the newer ships, then I think you will like the refurbed Magic more. We were on the Med this summer and although we loved it, the ship was its age. Can't wait to see what's new onboard!

So true

We haven't been on the Fantasy yet, but my family has and they loved it.

If you've only been on the newer ships, then I think you will like the refurbed Magic more. We were on the Med this summer and although we loved it, the ship was its age. Can't wait to see what's new onboard!

Maaaaaaaaybe... watch out though, I was a history major! I love old, original things and kitch. Love me some tikiroom, matterhorn... old style Disney is Disney too and I am a little sad its changing before I get to see it. I wish I could have seen skull rock, remembered the ride that "shrunk" you to the size of an atom etc. LOVE that kind of stuff and have deep deep love for yesterland! :)

Our first cruise was the Wonder and our fave is the Magic :) We also prefer the Fantasy miles to the Dream.

As far as the Southern goes, I'm SO looking forward to our cruise and the repo to follow. We are flying into San Juan the day before via Tampa to San Juan on Southwest (hopefully and non-stop). Not sure where we are staying yet (that Sharaton is pricey!!!).

I am so excited for all of the ports AND having the repo to unwind after all of those intense ports!!

Got a few cruises before it tho so not quite ready to plan.....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

As far as the Southern goes, I'm SO looking forward to our cruise and the repo to follow. We are flying into San Juan the day before via Tampa to San Juan on Southwest (hopefully and non-stop). Not sure where we are staying yet (that Sharaton is pricey!!!).

I didn't see the Repo until a few weeks ago and realized what a cool B2B that would be.

By then it was too late to change our Southern Carib dates since the prices have gone up so much!!

Have fun on the B2B!

Maaaaaaaaybe... watch out though, I was a history major! I love old, original things and kitch. Love me some tikiroom, matterhorn... old style Disney is Disney too and I am a little sad its changing before I get to see it. I wish I could have seen skull rock, remembered the ride that "shrunk" you to the size of an atom etc. LOVE that kind of stuff and have deep deep love for yesterland! :)

ROFL!!! History degree here too!!! I even wrote my undergrad thesis on Walt Disney's Defense of American Culture.....yay for History majors! :cheer2:

ROFL!!! History degree here too!!! I even wrote my undergrad thesis on Walt Disney's Defense of American Culture.....yay for History majors! :cheer2:

Why didn't I think of that? It would have been SO much easier than mine on women in Buddhism! (Emphasis was on East Asia).

Which ship was your first? I've noticed that many people's first ship becomes their favorite even against the newer shinier versions

First Ship - Magic
Second - Wonder
Third - Fantasy
Fourth - Dream

Favorite to least: Magic, Fantasy, Wonder, Dream.

Where the Magic and Wonder are nearly identical, the Fantasy is a big step up from the Dream. But then again, if the Dream was doing 7 night cruises, that could change my mind - but not likey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter