Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

Anyone doing ABD S.CA in Oct... the Halloween info is released!

I called to ask if we get Halloween party tickets, because I want to know if we should buy them...last year all nights sold out... The Vacationista did not know if it is included or not. She is going to call me when she gets the info.

She stated, without me asking her...that this trip is still not 'guaranteed', also there are 24 now booked for Oct 11 trip! Full payment was due Monday July 13.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/

I wonder why she would make a point of stating that? You would think with 24 booked that it would be a go. Looks like if it was included it would have to be on the 14th according to the dates that it was listed to be on.

I wonder why she would make a point of stating that? You would think with 24 booked that it would be a go. Looks like if it was included it would have to be on the 14th according to the dates that it was listed to be on.

She did also say trips rarely cancel and usually adult trips are smaller and the S. CA trips have been extra busy (with 40 per group) because of the 60th...It's after final payment...I think we are good. :P

Yea it seems the 14th would be the party night if we go ...that will be a LONG (and fun!!!) day! hehe...where to put that trick or treating bag...hm...would it be tacky to use the duffel? (I'm kidding.)

Hi!

My bestie Jen and I (Rebecca) have just signed up for the January 2016 Backstage magic! We will both be celebrating our birthdays there so we are super excited :)

We plan to arrive 2 days beforehand and stay at the Magic Castle hotel so we can see the shows at the club and visit Santa Monica etc, then we leave on a red eye Saturday post ABD. We really want to see something at the Capitan, so currently trying to figure out if we should do that on our free half day in hollywood, or get it out of the way beforehand! Heh.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

Hi! Bestie Jen here. :) As Rebecca said, we'll be doing the January 2016 tour. I am super excited because this will be my first time leaving the East Coast and seeing Disneyland Resort! I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing all to see in CA! :)

Rebecca and Jen - glad to see someone else signed up for the Jan backstage magic! My husband TJ and I will also be on that trip, and I am also celebrating my birthday with this trip :)
Looking forward to meeting you then.

Genena

I've never done ABD but want to do the Backstage Magic as my first one. I don't like crowds or hot weather. With those parameters, what is the best time to do Backstage Magic?

I've never done ABD but want to do the Backstage Magic as my first one. I don't like crowds or hot weather. With those parameters, what is the best time to do Backstage Magic?

I would imagine the January one we just booked would fit that bill! CA weather in January is about the equivalent of October on the east coast. Usually the downside of January at DL is that there may be a greater amount of rides closed for maint since it is off season. However with this being the 60th this year I don't see that being as huge as it would otherwise have been. The bonus of it being low tourist season is huge...plus I'm kind of looking forward to going somewhere warm in the middle of a new england winter! Heh

Oh, thought I would share where we are staying pre trip :) http://magiccastlehotel.com/

It is within walking distance of the Loews which is the first hotel of the ABD, but waaaaay lower priced. It's an especially good deal for families since they have suites! It also includes breakfast and snacks. Also, staying there is the only way you can get access to the http://www.magiccastle.com/ which is essentially Hogwarts. Aka a private magic club in an ancient victorian mansion with secret passages and all! I'm super excited about it, can you tell? :)

Oh, thought I would share where we are staying pre trip :) http://magiccastlehotel.com/

It is within walking distance of the Loews which is the first hotel of the ABD, but waaaaay lower priced. It's an especially good deal for families since they have suites! It also includes breakfast and snacks. Also, staying there is the only way you can get access to the http://www.magiccastle.com/ which is essentially Hogwarts. Aka a private magic club in an ancient victorian mansion with secret passages and all! I'm super excited about it, can you tell? :)
I didn't know there was a hotel associated with the Magic Castle! It used to be you needed to know a member to get into the Magic Castle Club. Man, I'll have to remember that next time I'm in LA!

Sayhello

I didn't know there was a hotel associated with the Magic Castle! It used to be you needed to know a member to get into the Magic Castle Club. Man, I'll have to remember that next time I'm in LA!

Sayhello

Right?! I found out about it last time I was in LA by accident, and promised myself I'd stay the next time I visited for pleasure! Far as I know staying there is the only other way to attend the club besides being a member or guest of.

From what I can glean the hotel itself isn't directly affiliated, but since the land is all owned by the same person they are treated as a member as a courtesy.

Sayhello

oh sayhello, do you mind adding us to the roll call post at the top? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter