Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

Myself, husband and kids (13 and 11) will be on June 26, 2016 trip. We just booked it in March and were able to get big savings (back to opening day pricing) with the DVC member pricing. We are going to tour Universal the day before as my daughter has never been and I have not been since college. I am not sure I will do a full trip report, but will try to report back with the perspectives of a Disneyland regular visitor/CA native and as the first on these boards to take the trip after the start of construction of Star Wars Land.

Hilary

Would love to hear about your pre trip to Universal. This may be something we would be interested in doing in 2017. I'm very excited for Star Wars land, so another trip will be in order once everything is complete!

I don't want to ruin the surprise for everyone by posting a picture! But it was from ABD not the DIS and it was personalized to the party. It was an amazing surprise!!! Can send a private message if anyone wants! :D:D

Does anyone know what time the welcome dinner is? I'm going in June with friends and we fly in around 10:30 that morning. We want to do a tour possibly to kill time, but I want to make sure the dinner is later so we won't miss out.

My friend and I are booked on the Feb 19-24 2017 Southern California adults only trip. We are really looking forward to it!

:crazy:
Does anyone know what time the welcome dinner is? I'm going in June with friends and we fly in around 10:30 that morning. We want to do a tour possibly to kill time, but I want to make sure the dinner is later so we won't miss out.

I asked my hubby if he remembered what time dinner was on the first night...

His response?

At night. :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

I think we met between 5-6ish.

Hello! Thank you for all the information in this thread! We just booked The July 30, 2017 trip for me, DH and DD then 8. There are a lot of kids on that trip, which I like, ages 6, 8, 11, 11, 13, 13, 16. It'll be our first ABD but we've done a few DCL and are WDW vets.

Hello! Thank you for all the information in this thread! We just booked The July 30, 2017 trip for me, DH and DD then 8. There are a lot of kids on that trip, which I like, ages 6, 8, 11, 11, 13, 13, 16. It'll be our first ABD but we've done a few DCL and are WDW vets.

I have to say, after being on this trip twice, I think some of those kids are way too young. It does depend on the child, but on one trip we had two ten year olds. One lapped it all up. The other, along with his mom, spent A LOT of time at the pool. She missed so much of the trip she went again. We were roomies on the second trip and her son stayed home. He has referred to it as "A's" Boring Disney trip. Also, the trip does pull back the curtain on some of the magic. I don't know if the guides would take the kids on a separate section for the younger ones. Just something to consider. If your son is really into the how and wants to be an Imagineer, he might love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter