Soo confused about the hotel discounts!

If I understand what you are truly asking I believe the short answer is "no", and here is why. You currently have a "Deal" that involves a full price room with free dining. Now, think of any CM discount as also being a "deal". Assuming the normal CM "Deals" are available during your stay they would be either A) 40% off of room and no dining, or B ) 50% off of room and 15% off dining. You could replace your deal with one of these but not suppliment your current deal with one of them (ex. Keeping your free dining while getting the 40% discount on room would not be allowed). The good news for you is that you may very well find that either one of the CM "deals" are cheaper in the long run. I know I have a CM 40% off on a 9 night stay at AoA and it is cheaper than a free dining package.

Yes and no that's what I was asking. The main question is if the CM discount is a "better deal" than what I currently have can my current booking be changed over rather than cancelled. With cancellation, I would have fees due to it being so close to travel date (within 20 days). I pretty much knew discount couldn't be combined with free dining. Thanks

Random question...anyone who is a current CM know when CMs can start booking rooms for 2014?

Yes and no that's what I was asking. The main question is if the CM discount is a "better deal" than what I currently have can my current booking be changed over rather than cancelled. With cancellation, I would have fees due to it being so close to travel date (within 20 days). I pretty much knew discount couldn't be combined with free dining. Thanks

I haven't compared free dining, but normally the CM discount is a better deal than any other (however, we don't do the dining plan). You can take 40% off the rack rate for the room to compare with what your cost is now.

Random question...anyone who is a current CM know when CMs can start booking rooms for 2014?

We are anxiously waiting! ;) I booked last year on August 8, so hopefully it should be soon.

Thanks Lisa! My friend said that on the HUB it says CM can now book 499 days from check in - but obviously that's not right...LOL He checks the HUB everyday for us, just ready to get that room booked!

Yes we are anxiously awaiting with you too!

Hi Flea,

My DH is a CM and he called about booking for 2014. They said we should be able to start booking in mid October for 2014. The 499 days out booking is for non discounted rates. October can't get here soon enough for me!
Deidre

Hi! Thank u sooooo much!!!!! That is hugely helpful! But man later in the year than normal. Oh well

Has anyone heard of whether they've opened up dining discounts yet for CM reservations for after August 19?

Any new discounts for the month of August 2013 or is it still the same till Aug 17th?:)
Thank you.

Well I thought I would give it one last try....Anyone on the HUB to check if there are discounts after Aug 17th? :) :(

Thanks

Well I thought I would give it one last try....Anyone on the HUB to check if there are discounts after Aug 17th? :) :(

Thanks

Still nothing posted on the Hub...post #51 above shows that a CM called and did make a reservation after the Aug 17th, but did not say how much discount there was or when the reservation was made for.

We are in our 2nd day of Living The Dream today;)

Yep, still the 17th. If I remember correctly from the past, the new discounts (if there are any) will come out right around the time the current ones expire (so around the 17th). So don't give up hope! When is your trip?

Thanks so much for checking. We will be in Disney on the 19th so if it does change maybe we will be able to take advantage of it on the 21st when we change resorts. :)

No problem! Remind me on the 16th and I'll check again for you. Hopefully you'll get lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter