Soo confused about the hotel discounts!

That's incorrect...the discount is 40% for friends/family, or 50% if the CM is in the room.

that is the room discount I was talking about the dining discount.

Little update to help answer those questions...We've been checking the Hub for a Friends & Family Moderate POR stay Aug 3-9.

Running the online Hub method shows 40% off a Royal Guest Room -Pool View but I could not add the DP to it while online.

I called this morning to verbally do it and was given 50% off and the DP was $46.99 per adult which is nearly $10 off the daily rack rate.

Caviot to that is the Cast Member must call to make the reservation - so my Daughter called right back and I have the room at $780 plus $1128 for 6 nights Plus Dining Plan or $1908 total rounded to nearest $$$

Have the Cast member make the call if you are ready to book!

Yes, she can add the dining - she just has to call to do it. I believe it's about 50%.

Not a chance at a 50% dining discount, that would be miraculous!

But after calling the Cast Member reservation line, we ended up getting another 10% off of our room discount making it a total of a 50% room discount with friends and family.

The DDP was discounted too but only about $10 off of the DDP price which is $56.95 per night per person. So we got the DDP for about $46.90 per night per person, But after they credited us $240 because we had alreaady paid for the room in full. the balance we owe is 1440 after adding the dining plan.

We are there 9 nights and there are 4 of us, so $1440 balance makes the dining plan actually cost us $40 a night per person. I know that is a kooky way of justifying the DDP cost, but we already paid for the room at a 40% discount. So I will take the extra 10% as a bonus and put it towards the DDP Discount.

Either way we owe $1440 after adding the DDP with 1 table 1 counter and a snack with the refill mug.

Im happy!!!!

My daughter is currently a cast member (Spring College Program + extension) whose program ends August 2nd. She is planning on going seasonal after her program ends. When she goes seasonal, is she still considered a cast member and will she be able to get a resort discount? She made a room only reservation at the Disneyland Hotel for August 13-19 and she is under the impression that she will be able to keep her cast member ID card when she goes seasonal.

Yes, my DD went seasonal after her CP. They are still CMs and get their discounts.

Thanks so much for the reply. So she will get to keep her cast member ID? I have read where some kids have to turn everything in when they check out of their apartments. She works tomorrow so she is going to talk to a manager about how it works. On the reservation confirmation it does state that they have to show cast member ID at check in. She has two co-workers who are extending until January so I know they can get her a discount, but it is not as good as the cast member discount.

My DD had to get a new ID, but that was in 2010 when CPs had a red ID with no photo on it. I believe that CPs now have the same ID as all CMs - blue with a photo. As long as hers is like that I think she'd be able to keep it and use it. Otherwise, she'll have to get a new ID anyway before she works for the first time as seasonal.

My DD had to get a new ID, but that was in 2010 when CPs had a red ID with no photo on it. I believe that CPs now have the same ID as all CMs - blue with a photo. As long as hers is like that I think she'd be able to keep it and use it. Otherwise, she'll have to get a new ID anyway before she works for the first time as seasonal.

I'm pretty sure her ID is blue and I know for sure it has her picture on it. She says it doesn't have an expiration date. She checked with a co-worker of hers who went seasonal and she told her she kept her same ID card. I have read different stories here on the dis boards about keeping their ID. Hopefully she finds out for sure from a manager. She did have to get a new ID when she extended and Disney goofed somehow and I know she and her friend had to get their pictures taken with their costumes on!

I'm pretty sure her ID is blue and I know for sure it has her picture on it. She says it doesn't have an expiration date. She checked with a co-worker of hers who went seasonal and she told her she kept her same ID card. I have read different stories here on the dis boards about keeping their ID. Hopefully she finds out for sure from a manager. She did have to get a new ID when she extended and Disney goofed somehow and I know she and her friend had to get their pictures taken with their costumes on!

CP ID's are blue with no photo and no expiration date. If they lose their ID and get it replaced, they will receive one with a Photo. At the end of the program, you are to turn in your ID. If you do not, it will be deactivated and you will be docked on your final paycheck (to be refunded upon its return). The same goes with your MainGate. These cards are technically property of the Walt Disney Company. If you stay on as seasonal, you will keep the same ID. If you go Full or Part Time after your program, you will need to get a new ID as there is a code on the back that differentiates for discounts and the like...

Did anyone ask about the quick service dining plan discount for this summer? (july) Thanks.

Did anyone ask about the quick service dining plan discount for this summer? (july) Thanks.

yes, there is a discount for July it's roughly 40% of if the CM stays in the room, so about $20 per person, or the same 15% off if only using the family and friends discount, but you need to remember then the room goes to 50% off, so its about $32-34 don't remember exactly.

Can someone please help? Anything on the hub for after Aug 17th for DDP or hotel discount at this time? I know their is a discount till Aug 17th but anything for Aug 18th thru 23rd? Thank you for your help.

Can my son who is a cast member make a reservation using his discount(he will be staying with us) but use our credit card when he makes the reservation on the hub? Also we will be arriving Aug. 25th that doesn't include DDP during that time frame. If it is added can he call back and add it to the reservation?
Thanks

Can my son who is a cast member make a reservation using his discount(he will be staying with us) but use our credit card when he makes the reservation on the hub? Also we will be arriving Aug. 25th that doesn't include DDP during that time frame. If it is added can he call back and add it to the reservation?
Thanks

If he is making a reservation on the HUB, yes, he can use your credit card, as long as he has the proper billing information. The dining plan can only be added on a reservation when booking over the phone. If the cast member discount for the dining plan is added before you arrive, you can call the cast member reservation line and add it as long as it is 3 days prior to arrival. That is the same policy that applies to regular room reservations.

My dd is arriving August for fall CP. we currently have a free dining package booked for September. Is there any type if discount she could get applied after she gets there in August? Just curious if and how that would work.

My dd is arriving August for fall CP. we currently have a free dining package booked for September. Is there any type if discount she could get applied after she gets there in August? Just curious if and how that would work.

When she begins her On The Job training (which is typically starts Day 4-6 after check-in) she will learn how to log into the Hub. Through the Hub she can search discount rooms and see the Cast Reservation line that she will need to call with your reservation number to see if she can apply her Cast Member discount.

This is the current discount so we don't know what is available for Sept yet(after 8/17) other than the free DP:

Domestic Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Cast Members may book their friends & family in the Other Guest Bedroom Offer.

Offer Details:

Save up to 50%* at select Walt Disney World ® Resort hotels for stays most nights 5/31 – 8/17/13!*

Plus, add the Disney Dining Plan for your friends and family for just $46.99** per adult per night plus tax and $16.99** per child per night.

When she begins her On The Job training (which is typically starts Day 4-6 after check-in) she will learn how to log into the Hub. Through the Hub she can search discount rooms and see the Cast Reservation line that she will need to call with your reservation number to see if she can apply her Cast Member discount.

This is the current discount so we don't know what is available for Sept yet(after 8/17) other than the free DP:

Domestic Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Cast Members may book their friends & family in the Other Guest Bedroom Offer.

Offer Details:

Save up to 50%* at select Walt Disney World ® Resort hotels for stays most nights 5/31 – 8/17/13!*

Plus, add the Disney Dining Plan for your friends and family for just $46.99** per adult per night plus tax and $16.99** per child per night.

I understand all if that, but I guess what I'm asking is if I already have a package booked will they allow her to apply her discount to that package because by then cancelling will not be an option.

I understand all if that, but I guess what I'm asking is if I already have a package booked will they allow her to apply her discount to that package because by then cancelling will not be an option.

We won't know until they come out with a new Cast Member Discount offer after 8/17. There is not always a flat CM discount off. So until they announce the next offer there is no discount at all at this time past 8/17.

If there is a discount then she can give them your current reservation number and I would think they would apply the discount that is available.

When I ran my current reservation online with the CM Discount code it was only offering 40% off. When my DD actually called to book it, it turned into 50% off and nearly $10 per person off the DP too. Just keep your fingers crossed.

If I understand what you are truly asking I believe the short answer is "no", and here is why. You currently have a "Deal" that involves a full price room with free dining. Now, think of any CM discount as also being a "deal". Assuming the normal CM "Deals" are available during your stay they would be either A) 40% off of room and no dining, or B ) 50% off of room and 15% off dining. You could replace your deal with one of these but not suppliment your current deal with one of them (ex. Keeping your free dining while getting the 40% discount on room would not be allowed). The good news for you is that you may very well find that either one of the CM "deals" are cheaper in the long run. I know I have a CM 40% off on a 9 night stay at AoA and it is cheaper than a free dining package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter